Legends ruling

Discussion in 'CPA/WOTC Magic Issues' started by mythosx, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Oversoul The Tentacled One

What type will those suckers be now?
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I think they will say something like "Legendary - Human Wizard" - the Legendary supertype will take the place of Creature and then the subtypes will be the "normal" ones.
  3. train The Wildcard!!!...

So even though they are "Creatures" they don't seemingly have that "type" printed on the card...
  4. Ephraim New Member

No, it looks like they're still printing the word "Creature" on cards. Note today's preview card:
    [IMG]

When flipped it is a Legendary Creature -- Rat Shaman

On a side note, it's interesting to see them doing a bit of shuffling when it comes to colour-oriented classes. For a while, blue had wizards, white and black had clerics, and red and green had shaman. They weren't totally exclusive, but those were the rough delineations among the generic "magic users" in each colour.
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Yeah, I forgot to post here when I saw that...
  6. train The Wildcard!!!...

so if legendary is a super-type - could it essentially be named as a creature type?...

I haven't seen where "legend" is being removed from valid creature types...
    (Though this may be for lack of looking...)

:cool:
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I'm not positive but I don't think so... I think the only "valid" creature types are those to the right of the hyphen. I mean, they already have the "Creature" supertype and you can't name it as a creature type (Creature - Creature :) )
  8. Ephraim New Member

From the Mistform Ultimus Update:

9. train The Wildcard!!!...

okay - just testing the rules water...
  10. EricBess Active Member

train,

assuming that "Legend" is still a valid creature type (which I do not believe is the case), you have the small issue that the "legend rule" no longer cares about the "Legend" creature type. It now only cares about the "Legendary" supertype.
  11. train The Wildcard!!!...

so - if legend was still a creature type - then you could have a phyrexian processor with creature type legend, and all the tokens made would live... (according to the new rule only caring about legendary...)

Cool... Hypothetical Magic...

:D
  12. Ephraim New Member

Actually, Phyrexian Processor does not allow you to select the creature type of the tokens it generates. They're always Minions. You're thinking of Volrath's Laboratory and Riptide Replicator.

(And now, reading Riptide Replicator, I desperately want to get some of them and pair them up with Energy Chambers and Coretappers)
  13. mythosx Legendary Creature-Human

Actually no...cuz you can't choose legend as a creature type...its been taken off the list....its no longer a subtype but rather a super type...
  14. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Aaron Forsythe's article

Further in-depth explanation of legend ruling and re-doing Wall type, with the keyword "Defender" taking its place.
  15. Oversoul The Tentacled One

No! Conspiracy + Donate no longer works...
  16. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

17. mythosx Legendary Creature-Human

Dang it....I wish they would do a mass errata on the old legends cards...but I guess they aren't going to...It kinda sucks since they arep pushing the tribal thing and many of the old legends which could be great additions to many tribal decks, can't....
  18. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

You mean errata them to add a creature type?
  19. mythosx Legendary Creature-Human

yeah...to guys like Gerrard...he should be at least a human if not a soldier.....