L33T Speek

N

Nightstalkers

Mooseman said:
Spoken like at true SW geek....... hehe

(I thought the same thing....... :eek: )
No making fun of Star Wars fans.

You'd be surprised... I know a guy who makes fun of all things sci-fi yet respects George Lucas and his Star Wars crap about as much as he respects Bill Gates and his Microsoft.

Attachments

O

orgg

Ummm... That "LOL" image ain't right. Really. I mean, look in the very center. What do four "L's" rotated in a clockwise pattern make?

Well, let's just say Ebay wouldn't allow any part of it to be sold.

D

DarthFerret

Isn't the interceptor more like <o>?
Not quite, the TIE Bomber is built like that...(The one that Darth Vader was using in "A New Hope")

The TIE Fighter has Wings that are centered perfectly with the Engine Pod, however, the TIE Interceptor had wings that came forward of the pod (down to a double point with space between them) They did not show the Interceptor very often in the movies, so it is hard to spot.

BTW, in case anyone wondered....
1. TIE means Twin Ion Engine
2. I am a SW geek, and proud of it!...(But not to the point of making videos or flash of myself doing stupid stuff....

Things Yoda Would Say in Bed:

1. Like that you do, don't you

2. Feel the Force

3. Bend over and show me your darkside (Groan)

4. mmm...The ears are for resting your ankles...mmmm....

Sorry, couldn't resist

turgy22

Nothing Special
DarthFerret:
I'm afraid I have to call you on this one.

The TIE fighter has the square "wings" and most resembles the lol, although the cockpit is directly centered, so it's more like l-O-l.

The TIE interceptor was what Darth Vader piloted in the first (as in original) movie. It's the one with the rounded, pointy "wings" that looks like <o>.

The TIE bomber you mention, actually has two cockpits side-by-side: one for the pilot, one for the guy who drops the bombs. These are seen in Empire carpet bombing the asteroid that Han & co. are hiding out in. It's wings are slightly curved, so it looks like (-OO-).

And you call yourself a geek. For shame.

Speaking of which, your list reminds me of a bunch of quotes I heard awhile back on the "worst" out-of-context lines from the movies. A couple of the top of my head:
"The force is strong in this one."
"Get in there, you big hairy oaf. I don't care what you smell."
and, my personal fave:
"Look at the size of that thing!"

B

BigBlue

I don't recall the name of it, but there is another one, which is what he's thinking of (I believe), where the wings were elongated. I think it's from one of the prequel movies and is a "sith" something-or-other...

As far as SW geeks go... I liked all the movies, but not as much as my ex-wife who named our second born Anakin. And he thinks he IS Anakin... it's all very confusing to him. He keeps wondering when his force powers will come, plus he's warning us that he will turn to the dark side some day. (he's 8 for crying out loud)...

Me, I'm much more a trekkie and wanted Anakin Tiberius Irriger (her maiden name), but she refused, so Irriger became his middle name. Long story short, her dad is the last Irriger, only child with only daughters, so it was sort of for him.... She would have accepted Anakin Tiberius.

Nightstalkers - I'll show my idiocy, what is that picture supposed to be telling me about Halo?

SW Comedy...

A local amateur filmmaker made a feature length stop capture movie using SW figures (the Hasbro ones). It was absolutely hilarious and played on Community Access TV. In it, Yoda had a thing for Padme and chased her around giving her a lot of innuendo... I wish I had a copy of it.

N

Nightstalkers

It's an adaptation of the thing that basically says "why, hello there" in your precious aoheller.

Z

Zigathon

I've always wondered why Yoda would need a cane to walk around when (after the second prequel) it became so obvious that he had no problems walking at all.

Then, one day it hit me... sympathy sex.

"Horny I am, mobile I am not." -Yoda

D

DarthFerret

I stand corrected...sheesh...good thing this is in off topic....

B

BigBlue

DF...

These are the important questions which must be answered. It's no big thing you were corrected. Embrace the correction, and be thankful someone else knew enough to correct us all, for we are all better persons for knowing the true subtle differences between tie fighters... And even more importantly that lol is a tie fighter, not an expression that we thought something was funny...

[/sarcasm]

and.... lol

Zigathon said:
I've always wondered why Yoda would need a cane to walk around when (after the second prequel) it became so obvious that he had no problems walking at all.

Then, one day it hit me... sympathy sex.

"Horny I am, mobile I am not." -Yoda
He needs the cane to help support the offset weight.... He lost one of his impressive testicles to Darth Pervert 300 years ago... his other one weighs enough that he needs the cane to keep from tipping over. When he's active, he uses the force to compensate. How else do you think he trained enough to lift X-Wings with only his mind?

Z

Zigathon

BigBlue said:
He needs the cane to help support the offset weight.... He lost one of his impressive testicles to Darth Pervert 300 years ago... his other one weighs enough that he needs the cane to keep from tipping over. When he's active, he uses the force to compensate. How else do you think he trained enough to lift X-Wings with only his mind?
That certainly makes a lot of sense. Thanks for clearing it up.