Killing off the cool characters

N

Notepad

>> Cute ending though.

I thought it was a neat ending. Then I read the trio about Greensleeves and her brother (the second through fourth Magic novels ever) and wondered about how silly it was that Garth's wife ended up as a housewife on a farm after the ending to book one.

>> Another one I read was about minotours, some tree one, and the dragons of magic.

Never read those. How much did they suck?

My own read list:
Arena = Decent
Greensleeves trilogy = CRAP!
Chainer's Torment = Pretty good
Judgement = So goddam horrible I never finished it after two tries, and my brother gave up on it, too.
Onslaught = Crap
Legions = Utter and total donkey poo
Scourge = Almost as bad as Legions

N

Nightstalkers

The one about minotours was Ashes of the Sun, but wasn't too bad considering it was about a "smart" goblin. *ROFLMAO*

The Cursed Land, or the one I prefer to call "the tide and times of a hippy in heat" was just crap if you got too deep into it.

The Dragons of Magic was a good collection of stories... except most of the stories weren't too good.

N

Notepad

>> The Cursed Land

Ah yes, I read that one, too!!! But...dang, it was so horrible I remember NOTHING about it, except that craptacular cover.

It was about a hippie???

N

Nightstalkers

This race has to eat mana, so is good at sniffing out mana in the planes, but this one guy starts stealing mana from his master, so is exiled to this plane where there is almost no mana lines anywhere. He absconds with a magic sword which is powered with some mana, and is given a curse from his master that he would be attacked by snake tattoos on his body if he ever touched mana.

So the only human establishment on the continent takes the guy in, and he makes two friends, one which is a protector of this giant tree which contains the only mana line on the plane, and the other his just his best friend.

The tree protector hippy guy is attacked by his crazed friend whom is in thralled with the power of the sword, and the lies of the stranger from another plane. He attacks his friend and ends up destorying the tree all but a single branch with a seed on it...

so the tribe breaks up into two groups, and moves away from each other.

And thats all I'm going to remember for now.

N

Notepad

I honestly remember not a dang thing about that. Interesting how craptacular the story is...

N

Nightstalkers

Its your basic mediocre idea turned into a crapfest really.

But I'm cursed to remember things I don't ever want to.

N

Notepad

It could be worse. You could remember each and every MTG.com article ever written. Those make the craptacular articles look like award winning best sellers.

N

Nightstalkers

Hmm...

Are all Urza's artifacts going to be rare from now on?

.\\agic is getting wierd all of a sudden. oh well, time to hit the books again.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Serendib Efreet should fart and erase all the story they've done since The Dark. That would shave some eyebrows.

EDIT: Also they should print a pr00n set so magic loses its credibility and they can get good illustrations again.

Or they could solve 2 problems a different way: make the authors draw and the artists write (you too Jeremy Cranford!).

N

Nightstalkers

Its an idea, but the artists writing sounds a lot better...

But who wants to buy .\\agic: The Gathering the picturebook series?

N

Nightstalkers

Why not reprocess a three bean casorole into a lasagna?

Oh, wrong thread...

What I've heard of the Mirrodin set, we're going into the future.