Kevin Chen's Article

N

nekrataal

Hopefully this response will clear any confusion on the dojo once and for all. Mr. Chen's response to our response was nothing more than him taking jabs at our organization and it could have hurt our chances at potential members. Hopefully he will see the light and leave us alone.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, did anybody notice they didn't post your rebuttal Tony? It seems that the Dojo is perfectly willing to let Mr. Chen have the last word. Amazing, huh?

Any ideas on what we should do?

TomB
CPA Member
"I do not teach. I simply reveal."
-Daudi, Femeref tutor

N

nekrataal

Thats interesting. They may just be late posting it, they took 2 and a half weeks to post my deck in the decks section, but I don't know. You'd think they'd keep the frontpage updated frequently.

-nekrataal
"Mind blank, can't process thoughts, spelin mistalks inevatabel..."

B

Baron Sengir

I had noticed that. It would seem that if we are not affiliated with them they want nothing to do with us. Unfortunate, to say the least.

Has anyone heard anything from David Doust? I have been trying to get ahold of him forever now. I'd like to know what the hell is going on.

I remain
The Baron

Zit ... out of control ... must ... oxycute ...

N

nekrataal

I've always disliked the dojo since psylum took over. I wish for the days when Frank ran it. Oh, well. We'll have a much more fun website than they will.

BTW, we should put up a trading board. Since most of our members have to trade for their cards. Just a suggestion.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
The Dojo finally posted your rebuttal Tony, and Zadok's as well. Guess they must have noticed our noticing. Again, terrific job, guys. Thanks.

TomB
CPA Member
"I do not teach. I simply reveal."
-Daudi, Femeref tutor

B

Baron Sengir

Killer idea. Since we'll all be members of the same organization, hopefully bad trading will be cut down, too. I know I could use a trading board.

I remain
The Baron
Looking for a few Serra Avatars

N

nekrataal

I could set it up in the forum Controls, but I'll wait for more feedback.

Ferret

Staff member
I'm terribly frightenned at how fast all of this is hapenning. Let's take a quick look at this:

about three weeks or so ago, Tony approached all of us in The Dojo's forums (aka Ghost Town, these days) about just getting together to make our voices heard' now look at it: We've got three major Magic sites vying for our attention, Pro Tour players hating us, and the potential to have more influence than we ever imagined...makes you wonder: why didn't somebody do this before...freaky.

-ferret

"...and this has been a CPA editorial. Opinions stated by Ferret are not necesarily those of the CPA. Facts stated by Ferret are not necesarily facts..."

B

Baron Sengir

I wonder if the Dojo is pissed that we stole most of their forum clientelle?

Anyways, much kudos for Zadok001. He wrote an excellent rebuttal that also made the front page of the dojo. I think it sums up a lot of what I was trying to say. My hat is off to him.

This thing has blown my mind since the start. I never dreamed it would get this big. We have struck a chord with a lot of people. Once the website is up and running, there will be no stopping us.

We are the future of magic websites. If Mr. Doust wants to come along for the ride, that's fine. He'd just better hang on tight.

I remain
The Baron
"Damn Baron Sengir card's flavor text sucks. Now what the hell am I supposed to use?"

Ferret

Staff member
speaking of Mr Doust, have you heard from him lately? You might want to write (provided you haven't already, of course) him back just to make sure he remembers us...I know he's busy w/ the PTQ's for London and it is 'con season throughout the Southeast, but I just would like to know if he's alive or something...

-ferret

"...and I do not want to go crawling to The Dojo - I'd rather go to Brainburst first!"

B

ben

Hey guys,

Well first off I would like to say thank you to Tony for his compliments of my writing. It doesn’t happen every day, so I would like to thank him back :).

Secondly, I would like to thank everyone that participated in this discussion. It is always good to hear what other people think about an issue, and how they iterpret articles.

As this discussion is mostly over, I would like to post my final thoughts on it. I still believe that Kevin was not trying to make us look bad, but I believe that he was using sarcasm to try to get his point across. Probably not the best way to make friends, as it is hard to interpret your feelings and inuendos in a written document. I can see how he could be making fun of us, and trying to take us down, but at the same time I could see how he is trying to quell his fears, and worries. I also could see how he may have jumped to a few conclusions about out group. Anyway, it goes both ways, I see one thing, you see another, that’s always the way it is :).

Thanx to everyone for posting, and I look forward to more discussions.

Ben

Ferret

Staff member
I don't think Mr Chen has given up and won't stop until he gets the last word - I say let him...it's just The Dojo :)

I did like what he had to say about casual players in general, but I don't like how he's belittling our group as if we don't even matter - just like the way that the casual players of the world have been treated all along...those days are ending.

-ferret, cpa

"feel the love. feel the excitement."