Just not my week

R

rkoelsch

Has anybody done this? I just got my 4 Devoted Caretaker's in the mail so now I can make the WWu deck that everyone says is terrible(because I only play terrible decks). So I am taking apart my lightning angel deck because I can only have one deck per format made at a time. I had 3 Meddling Mages in the sideboard. I had 1 Meddling Mage in my planeshift binder. So I pull him and all the other cards I need to turn my lightning angel deck into my WWu deck and put them in a deck box. put the deck box and my lightning angel box into my bag and off I went to work. so while I am taking calls I am putting together my deck. Having a grand time and all of a sudden I am done but I have 2 sleeves left!! :eek: So I start checking and I missing a Galina's Knight(oh yeah I forgot to pull another copy I had 3 in the SB). Checking further I only had 3 Meddling Mages in the deck. So I go home that night expecting it to be on desk and it wasn't there. so I look in the binder and it isn't there. Now my breath is coming short and I start looking everywhere. My wife is a clean freak so I have to keep the card shelves fairly tidy or she starts throwing things away. I ask her if she was up there but she wasn't . Now I have totally panicked. I can't find my 4th Meddling Mage anywhere. And it isn't like they were easy to get in the first place. Oh well.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
That sucks. Maybe someone on this site can cut you a good deal. I dont have any for trade right now, though.'

Ransac, cpa trash man

I

Istanbul

PM me your mailing address and I'll send you a Meddling Mage and a Galina's Knight.

F

fuzzy510

*At that precise moment, the world stops turning.

You spoke too soon.

C

CAMDEX

I didn't even notice that the world stopped turning.

I know this doesn't sound like a great idea, but if u can't get them back via trade or the goodwill of our friends here, just reorder them...

www.cardhaus.com

I

Istanbul

Don't sweat it, the problem is handled.

And also don't sweat it, because the Earth spins so fast that you'll know if it stops. Largely due to the fact that we'll all go flying off into space.

M

MrXarvox

If the Earth stopped suddenly, we'd be flung all over the place. We're not bolted down, y'know. Everything that isn't would keep on moving. Fun! Squishy, pulpy fun.

Z

Zadok001

Yes, we'd keep moving, but we'd keep moving in the direction we were heading - Parallel to the surface directly under us. I don't question that we'd get thoroughly screwed, but I believe that vector through the atmosphere is long enough to where we wouldn't actually leave the gravitational field. Live? No. Get thrown into space? No.

M

Mikeymike

I think the only way the earth could ever theoretically stop rotating would be if it got knocked out of orbit, and then we'd be doubly screwed.

But I don't think we'd be flung into space, in fact I don't think we'd be tossed at all. The earth could never just 'stop' rotating (no force in the universe could cause this to happen), if it was ever brought to a stop it would be gradual and slow, a mass that large just does not make quick momentum and/or velocity changes. We would slow down at the same speed of the earth b/c our momemtum changes would happen billions of times faster than the earth's and in turn we wouldn't feel a slowing of its rotation (although our equilibrium would probably be totally fouled up).

What would kill us would be the eternal day/night on opposite sides of the planet causing drastic temperature changes, the massive tidal shifts, or the extreme weather - kind of like a 'choose your Apocalypse' type of thing.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think they were theorizing what would happen if the Earth stopped suddenly, never mind reality, Mikeymike ;)

R

rkoelsch

I just love how a thread just totally degenerates around here

A

Apollo

Supposing the earth did suddenly stop all at once, I'm pretty sure we'd escape the earth's gravity. Yes, we'd move parallel to the earth's surface where we are, but we wouldn't continue to go around the earth, we'd keep moving straight in that direction. I don't have scientific facts to back that up other than the fact that I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.