Just getting started.

B

BigBlue

Not to sound like a broken Record, but I started playing in '94 too. My friends had picked it up about 2 weeks before and urged me to try it. I bought a Revised starter and a Revised booster and headed over to their house for some Multiplayer magic. It was the first and last time we ever played for Ante, i won every game, about 20 cards or so. they didn't appreciate that so we never played ante again, needless to say i never had that great of success again either but that is another story. My fondest memory of those early days was when one of my friends attacked with a hippie about a month after we'd been playing, and actually read the text which said to discard, he was pissed he hadn't read it before that, needless to say there was a rush on hippies at our local card shop the next week.

Great Thread.

D

DÛke

I started with Tempest.
My first rare card was Humility.
I bought four copies, and tried to build a deck around it.
I failed.

My first deck was red/green.
It had mostly cards from Portal, and some other cards.
I remember playing with my friends in school at launch, we had a blast, until our deck got taken away because they 'consider Magic to be evil'. The kept asking me if I like to perform 'rituals' and all that crap, they even called the police, and you know what the police man did?
He laughed in their face because he played Magic himself :)
I was so happy, because the school wanted to make a big deal out of it and get me suspended...
I'm a Senior in High School now, and I enjoy playing Magic, BUT NOT IN SCHOOL, becuase they are banned since the incident...

A

Almindhra

A few of my friends are bible toting ***holes...And they think Magic is evil too...And it gets me so mad...Yes, there are guys who don't take a bath...Are greasy from head to toe...And who spend Fri nights at home on their comps...But hey!...They might be dirty and all!...But that doesn't mean they pray to Urza, the Almighty Creator of Artifacts...Its not a religion...Its a hobby!...Its a freakin' GAME!!!...Ahhhh!!!...

D

DÛke

Almindhra, yes you are right about that.
If you think that's crap, than I suggest you don't come to St. Louis, Missouri.

My friend, James, he had a Red deck. He came to school one day, and told me something unbelievable: He said that his mom burned all his cards while he was at school. When I asked him why the hell would she do that, he said that because she didn't respect Magic as a game, and she viewed it as a mind altering substance, not like drugs. She thinks they are made by the devil or something...The only thing I could have said is "Muuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaahhhhh" I was laughing at how unbelieveable his mom was, after all, I knew she was crazy, but not a psycho...
Can you believe this? I can't, and I EXPERIENCED it :)

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

I started in '95. My first purchase was an ice age starter i got a Ritual of Subdual, Sulfurous Springs, and something else. I still have the Ritual even though its crap but the main reason that i still have is that nobody wants it.

D

Duel

Wow, Duke, Satan our Master is not gonna be happy when he hears about that.

j/k

M

Multani

His mom burned his cards?!
If anyone burned my cards, they'd have a permanent stalker for the rest of their lives (Which wouldn't last very long.) :mad:

I

Inyatha

I started playing Magic when Weatherlight came out, with a starter of 5th edition. I started mass buying Tempest and Weatherlight and some Mirage. It was awesome. My first deck was white/blue/green, heh. Then Stronghold came out, and it was an awesome expansion. Basically my first focus on Magic was Tempest block. Those were the days.