Jinxed Choker

T

train

you might have to give your friend some incentive, or allow them to trade with us also - either way if it works for you - all we need is the addy...

"don't worry... customs has no clue with this new cardboard crack stuff!...":eek: :p

H

Homestar

hmmmmm.....that sounds good. ill give him like 5 bucks or a few cardsor something. is that what u mean?

T

train

yeah - just pick a friend that you completely trust... it would be sad for us to be sending you stuff, and you not get it all...

"Facts of life... "

O

orgg

Also-- don't put the address directly on the board. PM it to the people.

T

train

good point orgg...

anyone you're dealing with - PM it ot them so the address is not public for everyone to see - this guarantees some privacy...;) :cool:

T

train

Then she should give it to him - if it is addresses to him...

Or - if you know her well enough - you could ask her yourself...;)

H

Homestar

well if its adressed to him then she'll get suspicious about who sent it to him. but ill find a way.;)

D

DeathMaster666

Does he play Magic. Just say that he is trading online and it is another one of his trades if he is. If not, wait till summer break and check his mail every day. My mom helped hide my friends Magic cards from his mom when she wouldn't let him play, (She thought it was Satanic o_O) so maybe his mom is cool like that too.

R

Rooser

Jeezit, Homestar. Where do you live? Utah? Why's everybody always hiding the mail from their children?

Tell your parents that if they're too cold and apathetic to take the time to understand their child's hobby, then you're just gonna go get new parents,:D

I'm kidding. I'm sure your parents are nice caring people - that's why they're trying to protect you after all. On the other hand, I does irk me when parents give an unthinking knee-jerk, "No," to anything they don't understand. Just because it's somthing they never did as a kid doesn't mean it's a waste of time. Man, if some intelligent adult were to just explain to them why Magic is such a good hobby for kids, they'd probably be jumping at the chance to encourage you.

PS - While I feel your parents are being foolish for not letting you recieve a bunch of free magic cards in the mail, I would like to suggest that you do NOT just give out the address without telling your parents. Don't break their trust - you'll regret it for a long time if you do.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I think Homestar is what, 12-14? So actually his parents not wanting him to give out his address makes perfect sense and I understand it... obviously we all know we're not going to prey on him ;) , but they don't know that. What might work is having one of them come online and perusing the message board to see what our community is and talking to some of us. But in the long run, these are only cards while addresses are more personal things. Not giving it out is safer and more important than getting pieces of paper.

T

train

Homestar - invite the parent-folk to see what we're all about... you can show them this thread specifically to let them know we have no mal intentions, and sympathize with some of their views...:)

H

Homestar

i tried that the first time spidey offered. o and spiderman-im 11 buut im turning 12 in 4 days:). im thinkin of holding abirthday party in the offtopic section ill make a link of it on my signature if i do. maybe i can get my parents to let u send them to my for my birthday.........:eek: i think that may work. but yea rooser u basically hit the nail on the head with "cold and apethetic" thing. they are exactly that. but o well.

R

Rooser

oooh, I'm sorry I hit the nail on the head. I was joking around! Too bad they actually are that way.

H

Homestar

o well. o and how do u guys feel about this combo for a cleric deck. after i have a few clerics out eh, maybe 2 or 3, i play whipgrass entangler and akroma's devoted. i pulled that off against my friend and it worked very well cuz all i really had out was 2 hallowed healers (with threshold0 a noble templar and the devoted and entangler.

T

train

What i like about Homestar the most - the decks he uses haven't been the same twice!!!...:cool:

We need to get him some cards so he can mroe creative!...

R

Rooser

That's a pretty good approach to a casual cleric deck. Good job.

If you really wanna get cheesy with clerics though, you need to get some Master Apothecaries.

H

Homestar

;) thanks. yea i think i could convince my parents by telling them that i want her to allow me to get those cards for my b-day cuz its in 4 days :). that would probably work. the next deck im workin on is a decker deck. i have a fairly good start with 4 ambasador laquatus's and 3 tower of murmer's and 2 chittering rats.