it's 1:10 here.. you know what that means!

13NoVa

that's right, time ot work off the alcohol, with, you guessed it, more alcohol!

yay!

they should rename new years as "a pointless reason for highschoolers to drink day!"

S

Svenmonkey

Dude, you're like 13.

Why do you drink this, the alcohol? Do you ponder it makes you hipcool, friendly?

R

Reverend Love

Originally posted by Svenmonkey
Dude, you're like 13.

Why do you drink this, the alcohol? Do you ponder it makes you hipcool, friendly?
Inebriated is more like it. I personally celebrated New Years by playing Deus Ex 2…good game.

N

Nightstalkers

alcohol = great for cleaning your wounds.

Stings like hell, but gets the job done when you can't get to the med lab.

Nightstalker Exterra

A

Aku Necromancer

Although I prefer alternatives to alcohol, I have no problem with it. Drinking allows a person to reach that certain feeling, where it's impossible to reach in a sober state.

13NoVa

kay, first, im 17 oinkhole! (just kidding)

Alcohol allows you to reach anything you want to...

remember the 5 key's to alcohol:
1) nothing is an obstical while you are driving
2) even the fat ones are hot enough to pork
3) All your problems will be forgivin, at least until you wake up
4) If you're awake, you should be drinking.
5) Nothing cures a hangover better then alcohol.

and the biggest key to partying!

if you're still standing, you're still drinking

R

Reverend Love

I'll raise objection with points 2 and 5....especially 2.

A

Apollo

I managed to catch mono, which got diagnosed December 30th. That kind of put a damper on my New Year's Eve festivities. To make matters worse, my girlfriend visited me in Ohio from South Dakota for four days, most of which were spent with me lying on the couch trying not to bore her to death.

Thankfully, she's the most wonderful girl alive and put up with me the whole time and says she had a good time.

But I still feel crummy. Mono sucks. :(

T

train

never had mono - not sure what it feels like...

but have you already made plans to make it up to your girlfriend?...

she sounds like a keeper to stay with you through ill health...

C

Chaos Turtle

Mono is the worst. It took nearly three months before I was feeling anything resembling "well."

(BTW, alcohol can be a wonderful thing, but only if one knows how to use it properly. ;))

M

Mikeymike

Mono sucks, in highschool I lost 25 lbs (140-115) in one horrible week that earned me a stay in the hospital for 6 days.

Got it from my skeezer girlfriend of the time (who told me she cheated on me the day before I went into the hospital - what a lady).

But back on topic - alcohol is fun, but Gin'N-Tonics and Tequila are evil in their own little ways.

T

train

*Sits here thinking he may have missed out on a lot of great tasting stuff...*

I've only tried crown, jack, and absolut... well... what's in margaritas?... is it tequila?...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll give ya some Kahlua when you visit this spring... or have your wife give you some so she can get you drunk ;)

R

Reverend Love

German Applecorn an apple schnapps is a personal favorite of mine. Good stuff. If you come across a bottle do yourself a favor and pick it up.

Korean So-Ju is lovely mixing liquor as well. Combines very well with all kinds of juices, and carbonated drinks.

Then we have our good'ol pal Jim Beam...good stuff.

Mikeymike

I've got to admit my partialness for gin-tonics as well...however I recently discovered how easily they "sneak up" on you...oooh the hangover was GREAT! :mad:

T

train

Reverend - might you still be in that hangover, with the mad smiley you posted, or was that intentional?...

I guess I have tried the apple schnapps - but I thought it was pucker something or other... and maybe sour apple?...