Istanbul's Trivia Contest II

I

Istanbul

This thread is for overflow from the first thread of the same name, so it doesn't become irritatingly long.

You have until Monday at 1:00 pm CST to answer this question.

Name as many misprinted cards as you can. Foreign cards (such as the Drudge Skeleton/Swamp) misprint will not be counted, nor will anything from Anthologies, but anything domestic (the Serendib Efreet mixup) will.

I

Istanbul

The number of misprint cards you can name will be tallied. The winner will get a point. If you tie for the winning spot, both people who are tied will get a point.

And I think I'll do what I did last time. If you send in more than ten answers, you get a point. So you can get 2 points off of this question.

I

Istanbul

The only resource I've used in ANY of my questions is the knowledge locked in my head.

E

ErinPuff

I lost the lock for my head.. I keep meaning to go to some store and get a new one, but I keep forgetting..

I

Istanbul

You have until Monday at 1:00 PM CST to answer this one.

What do the following cards all have in common?

Mesa Pegasus
Drake-Skull Cameo
Task Mage Assembly
Capashen Templar
Agonizing Demise
Flameshot
Chambered Nautilus
Floral Spuzzem
Cadaverous Bloom

Note: It's NOT a Dukeism. (As in, it's not that they're all Magic cards.)

G

Gerode

Invasion cards? My InQuest guide won't help much on this question, either. :(

G

Gerode

They're all Magic cards! ;)

I'm still thinking. I need to come up with an answer soon; I won't be able to respond over the weekend. :(

I

Istanbul

People are going to maim me when I post the answer to this question. :)

D

DÛke

...is it in anyway related to "dukeism"?
I know the answer, but it's too wiered, but it is SOMETHING they all have in common, but it sounds too "dukey"...I don't know, I think I should give it a shot. I'll PM you...

If it's the answer, then, all I have to say is, what a "dukey" question...

[Edited by DÛke on October 7th, 2000 at 09:36 PM]

D

DÛke

...I don't think it's the answer anymore because IT IS the answer...
I just checked all the cards out to make sure, and I found that my hypothesis is right. AND if it's not the answer you had in mind, then, I found an alternate answer, but I'm pretty sure it IS, infact, the answer you had in mind.

Again, this is a "dukey" question...

I

Istanbul

You have until Wednesday at 1:00 pm CST to answer this question.

Both of the cards in each of the following pairs have something in common. Thing is, it's the same for each group. What is it?

Horn of Plenty - Skull of Ramos
Wyluli Wolf - Heart Warden
Time Warp - Earth Elemental
Flame Rift - Thunder Spirit
Desert Nomads - Warrior En-Kor
Vodalian Mage - Sea Serpent
Spreading Algae - Engineered Plague
Tinder Wall - Remote Farm
Root Maze - Barl's Cage

N

Nifallor Ruler of Kairon

Eh.. They all súck??
Or they all have a different color?

I

Istanbul

You have to understand, as a ruler of a nonexistent kingdom, I suspect he has to do SOMETHING to feel important. :)

Ummmm...

I hope this doesn't sound bad, but...

...are these questions too hard? I'm getting two or three answers on average per question, and those are actually on good ones...this one has gotten no replies.

LMK if I need to tone this down.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think they're sorta tough in that I don't have the cards or knowledge to help me out. I gotta look them up and if it has to do with artwork, forget it.

But keep them the way they are, I think they're fine.

I

Istanbul

You have until Friday at 1:00 pm CST to answer this question.

From most to least, which colors have the most Knights?

(Note: Gold, artifact, and land are all 'colors' for the purposes of this question. Also, a Knight card is any card that is a Creature - Knight, can put a Knight token into play, or becomes a Knight under certain circumstances. Volrath's Laboratory and Conspiracy and such don't count, however, because they don't say 'Knight' anywhere on there.)