ISTANBUL!

F

FadingInsomniac

To tell all you guys the truth, I wasn't going to go straight on the decision of the polls. I was simply trying to see whether or not I was wanted here, but obviously the answer is no. So, seeya.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I think CT has the right of it.

And Griffith_se.

I checked back into the archives in the Decks forum, and found your 2 posts there, Jeff. One was a pile of cards that bore a strange resemblance to the best of a 6th starter and 2 boosters, and in the other forum you asked for, and got, some good advice on deckbuilding. I don't understand what your beef is there.

:confused:

And as far as your exploits into the Battle Arena go, it's understood amongst our people that the things said here are only said in jest, and your immature reaction to what Istanbul said only reinforces the impression we have of you.

So go, and be happier wherever you end up. I can't say we'll miss your input, but, rather, we'll miss what your input could have become had you stuck around long enough to grow up a bit.

:(

Be well.

Z

Zadok001

I believe I argued with Turtle more than once, but I had something remotely resembling solid ground under me... :) It was just me trying to keep my side of the argument up and running. Not me trying to flame people to death...

I must say, the poll is somewhat childish. My purpose for voting 'Yes?' Well, I would rather talk about it and figure it out based on that, and Fading wouldn't be posting here if he wasn't asked to stay, the only way to look deeper into it was to vote 'Yes' and get him back for a real discussion. Oh, well.

Griffith... I don't remember you from the Dojo, I'm afraid, but then again, I only remember the Founders and Turtle here. My memory must be going... But a lot of people got that type of flaming for posting decks (hell, as I remember it, my wonderful Greater Good deck got flamed to pieces), so it was certainly nothing personal against you or your deck. Just A-holes being themselves.

Now, I have a point to this post I'd like to make. It's more an example, really. The purpose is to show that bad posters can be redeemed. My example? Duke, from the MtgNews boards. His original posts must have been put through the grammatical scrambler, and most of his words were "*****"-ed out. Ya' know what? He's now a fairly respected member of that community, and generally an intelligent poster. So, just because a person posts pretty pathetic stuff does not mean they will remain that way. They're smart enough to come back from it every now and then...

Finally, a note to Fading, should you return. I don't think anyone here will claim to be opposed to you. But we will argue that your post at the top of this thread was largely uncalled for an generally pretty bad. It's not something we like to look at, if we can avoid it. This forum was not created for random flaming, it must have a purpose. This post does not.

"Caught in a one-way street, with the monsters in your head."

C

Chaos Turtle

I was referring specifically to "scurry13," who had plenty of unkind stuff for just about everyone on the Dojo boards. It was TomB and Baron Sengir with whom I had the most heated (and thought-provoking) disagreements, if I recall, and it was in fact me who posted a flame regarding my opinion of the use of "666e" to describe the current base set.

And no, I don't want to bring that up again. ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yeah, I remember him. I got into a few tussles with him myself.

Gotcha. 'Nuff said (boy, the memories.... :))

I

Istanbul

NOW I remember why I don't post on this thing.
Everyone goes berserk when...gasp...you actually FLAME people on a flameboard!

Sheesh.

D

Duel

To quote (shudder) Alanis Morissete: Isn't it ironic?

Okay, this whole post was a flame against istanbul. It included all the proper phrasings and reasons that go into a flame. WTF haven you done to it?!? And where did Fading Insomniac come into the picture! Istanbul has finally made a post which I support (or, istanbul has finally made a post, which I support) and he made it in defense of this F.ing topic!

Look, here's the thing, don't just insult people, insult their ideas (I know, that came out wrong) This forum is for you to get revenge on the moron who posted T2 white stasis, if you think the deck sucks. Don't post, under the topic, "The deck sucks" Post that here!

G

Griffith_se

OUCH,

Did I just get flammed.:(

"This forum is for you to get revenge on the moron who posted T2 white stasis".
-Duel
I posted a White Stasis kinda deck on the Dojo once, and the only reply's I got where.

"Stasis suck's"
"You must be smoking crack, White sucks in T2".
"If that was my deck I'd burn it". etc..etc..etc...
-Griffith_se
Give me a break, I know better now.

[Edited by Griffith_se on June 23rd, 2000 at 08:12 AM]

I

Istanbul

I'm sorry, I'm morbidly curious...exactly what form did this deck take? White/blue Stasis I can see, but...isn't Stasis a blue card, thus preventing it from being useful in a pure white deck?

G

Griffith_se

OK, I'm not sure Duel was talking about My Dojo post.

The People on the Dojo dubbed it White Stasis, not me - heck, I didn't even know what Stasis was. I only started playing when the Urza's set came out.

I don't remember exactly how it went, but I remember that it had some protection and life gaining. And then I think there was a some library milling - Caps. It did have Kismet, and Howling Mine but thats it. No Stasis, no Cronatog, Force of Will..... Nothing.
Anyway I think it had these cards in it.

(not a deck list, just trying to remember what was in it.)

Mother of runes
Wall of glare

Island Sanctuary
Moment of Silence
Soothing Balm
Healing salve
Enlightened Tutor
Kismet
Worship
Ivory mask
Pariah

Jade Monolith
Umbilicus
Howling Mine
Jester's Cap
Ring of Immortals
Null Brooch

Thran Foundry

I still don't know why they called it White Stasis, nor do I understand why there was such a hostile response to it.

I might try to re-create "White Stasis" just to see how bad I get yelled at. :D Ah... never mind, I really don't fell like being Flammed upon. Not guna talk bout it no more.:eek:

[Edited by Griffith_se on June 23rd, 2000 at 03:07 PM]

D

Duel

um sorry griffith, that was an example. I know nothing of white stasis