ISTANBUL!

F

FadingInsomniac

TAG GUARD

Hey loser. What the hell is your problem? You think that just because you've been in more flame wars than us that you're God or something? You know what I say to that? BULLSHIT! You don't even the people you're flaming so you can't EVER get a really good war going, dick lips. What the hell were you thinking? I mean, honestly, you little son of a bitch, what the hell was going through your mind? "Hey look at me I'm Istanbul I'm cool yeah I was in this flame war yeah how about that yeah"

[Edited by FadingInsomniac on June 19th, 2000 at 11:41 AM]

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Let the flames rise avove the ground.
(Ducks under a table and watches the insuing carnage.)
:D
BWHAAAA!!!!! Pathetic fools....

G

garfobosonfire

Dances happily about, singing random Garth Brooks songs. Offering drinks of Lysol to all who wish it. Ahaha, look at me. Im the Lysol cleaning lady, ooohhhh look at me!

G

garfobosonfire

I cant believe I just wasted my 150th post on that!

Y

Y The Alien

Tag Guard

[color="ff6000"]* Y The Alien covers his face in shame.[/color]

Can this entire forum be deleted?
It serves no purpose, as there are no "real" flames, I.E. people who hate each other cussing each other out, just people trying feebly to start something with another person, who probably doesn't give a crap about them anyway. At least delete or close this thread.

F

FoundationOfRancor

You guys all gotta admit the throat/istanbul comment was pretty funny....oh well

yeah, good flames are history

F

FadingInsomniac

Fine. If you all feel that way then you can have it that way. I came here because Casey wanted me to and the one reason I came here was to learn how to play Magic better. While I have learned a few things, most of the time no one would ever post comments about my decks or listen to my ideas. Casey was the only one who did, and I don't need the CPA to talk to him. I can just call him. So the way I see it, I don't need the CPA and the way you're all acting, you don't need me. So if I don't need you and you don't need me, I guess I'll just go now. You won't hear from me again.

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Look what you people have done!!! :mad:
You are all turning against each other! Fools!
Damnit I will not lose another veteran member!
Do you people really want to destroy the CPA from the inside out?! :(
Y you started this.
If you CPA gets ripped apart, you will be solely responsible! :mad:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
I will not allow the CPA to rip itself up like this!
All forums stay as far as I'm concerned.
Any Founder that wants contradict me, GO AHEAD!!!!
I have seen this for the past few months but I've kept my mouth shut!
Now I will not tolerate anymore of this!
The line must be drawn here!!!!!!No farther! :mad:
The purpose of this forum is to let off steam, and is also an area for fun flames. It's a massive extension of the Off-Topic Forum.
And as long as I'm at the CPA, this forum stays!!!!! :mad:
Is that clear everyone?! :mad:

F

FoundationOfRancor

Multani lays the Smack down! U go girl!

I will miss Jeff. We have elarned our lesson.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Wow, there's a reason to have smilies limited :)

Anyway - true reason for this forum: "creative wars". Go back and look at the first thread in this forum.... I'll wait.

Or I'll make it simple: http://www.magic-singles.com/cpa/forums/showthread.php?threadid=13

(Ignore the formatting mistakes, looks like a problem from the UBB->vB import)

Look! It's all a big Monty Python joke! ..not a "flame" per se.

Everything in here, while maybe looking serious, is done in good fun - and you know that! ...DAMMIT!

Look, if you don't agree with what's going on here (in this forum), then don't read it! No one's forcing you to!

I don't really know what else to say.

M

Multani

Tag Guard

I shall refrain from flat-out burning FoR for the 'girl' comment used in context with my post.
:D

Y

Y The Alien

Tag Guard

Or we lose a member. :(

I didn't mean to insult anyone by suggesting to get rid of this forum. I mean, it can provide some genuine laughs, like reading Istanbul's huge, run-on sentence insults, and the Monty Python gag. It's just that now it's basically a shadow of the jokes that were on here. There's just people trying to rehash old stuff, and no creative jokes or insults. Yes, the forum should stay.

F

FadingInsomniac

I have come to a desicion. I don't know if you guys love me, I don't know if you hate me. So, I will put FadingInsomniac's fate in your hands. Here's what I propose. I have created a poll on the internet to deal with the issue of me leaving. Whatever this poll shows by next Monday will be my desicion. Keep in mind that you may only vote once, and that when you do, your desicion is final. I will not make ANY messages before then after this one, nor will I if the poll shows that you do not want me here. The URL for the poll is:

http://polls.vantagenet.com/5/6/9108224656/polls/1619232427/index.htm

As a final note, I have already voted in my own poll. I voted no.

Thank you.

P.S. - If anyone replies to this post trying to get me out of the tag game, I will leave the CPA before I get any poll results.

Y

Y The Alien

Tag Guard
I'm not dishonest enough to kill a member who's thinking of leaving.

If you want to leave the CPA, then I don't think you should allow your decision to be affected by what other people vote, in a very falliable poll. What if someone found a way to vote more than oncce, and voted no 100 times? Would you feel obligated to leave? Since you voted no, I assume you no longer want to be a member. While I urge you to reconsider on that account, I don't think you should allow your decision to hinge on the feelings of others, especially some members who might be spiteful and vote no, though I don't know of any. Don't let other people make your decisions for you.

Of course, I voted Yes. :D

A

Apollo

Read Fading's first post in this thread. Then read this:

"I came here because Casey wanted me to and the one reason I came here was to learn how to play Magic better... So the way I see it, I don't need the CPA and the way you're all acting, you don't need me."

Does anyone else find this funny?

Fading, I don't think you should put it to a poll either. I don't care if you stay or go. I certainly don't want to drive you away, however. If you like the site and are having a good time here, stick around. Don't leave the decision to us. If we ever truly get sick of you, you'll see a post on some forum saying "Should we get rid of FadingInsomniac?" like was dome to The Master. :D

Just don't be too sensitive. When you really look at it, what you posted at the top of this thread is dreck. How did you expect us to respond? Just think before you post. My earlier post was in good humor. If you want to come here to learn Magic better, then contribute some to help us, too. Nobody is discriminating against you. If no one responds to your ideas, maybe they are original enough that no one has thought about it before and therefore can't think of any changes to make. Nobody is going to purposely avoid responding to your posts.

I'll vote yes, although I believe the decision should ultimately be yours, not ours.

C

Chaos Turtle

"Do you like me: check [_]Yes or [_]No."

What? No "maybe?"
Well, I'm proud to be the third person to vote "No." Want to know why? Because this is manipulative, grade-school foolishness; if you want to leave, then leave. I'm all too happy to give you the kick in the seat of the pants to get you going.
On the other hand, if you grow up and decide you want to continue to read and post on these Boards, I welcome you.

Honestly, what brings a thing like this on? If I'm reading you correcty, you're leaving because someone criticized your posts. Well, waaaaahh.

You know, I was often critcized on the old Dojo boards. I recall that I often vehemently disagreed with several of those members, frequently taking them to task for what I perceived as errors in judgment. In turn, I was often put on the stocks by those same people. Occasionally, some of us were brutally flamed; some of us posted statements far more unkind than anything that has been posted here (Battle Arena attacks notwithstanding). Know what? At least two of those Dojo posters went on to found this very organization (such as it is) and despite our differences of opinion, I was invited to join and welcomed here.
See, the problem is not that you get criticized, but that you don't take criticism well. You take it personally.

Guess what, kid -- you're going to face a whole lot worse from real people that you actually know during your lifetime, and if your reaction is to run away crying, "I don't know if you guys love me," then you are going to be one lonely person. Worse yet, if you leave yourself for a vote, you may be surprised at how many sentimental types are going to vote in your "favor." I'll be you'll be even more surprised, though, to find out how many people will be eager to see you out the door. The world doesn't revolve around you, Jeff...get used to that idea right now and save yourself some heartache in the future.

The people who jump to your aid, bless them, are good people -- you may count among your friends. They're not doing you any favors, however, by supporting your childish, ultimatum-issuing behavior.

Whatever your silly poll turns up, you are old enough to make these decision on your own, without resorting to guilt-trip tactics to play for everyone's sympathy. You won't get mine, but know that whichever you choose, you're always welcome here...as a fellow Magic player and as a potential friend.

Peace, Love, and .\\agic.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Word up, CT.

Wandering off-topic...

You got flamed on the Dojo boards? I don't remember that... I must be getting old :)

G

Griffith_se

I posted a White Stasis kinda deck on the Dojo once, and the only reply's I got where.

"Stasis suck's"
"You must be smoking crack, White sucks in T2".
"If that was my deck I'd burn it".

etc..etc..etc...

Did you ever get flamed by the person who call themself "Redmage". what an A$$ whole.

Anyway... I digress. This place is infinitely less hostile that any other M:tG site I've visited. I don't believe You'll find a better more cordial group of folk.

Note: I think He's just having some fun. He's not going anywhere.

[Edited by Griffith_se on June 20th, 2000 at 07:15 PM]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, CT said two of them are Founders here and I don't recall anyone from here flaming him. Maybe I just can't distinguish a good flame... or it was a subtle one... :)