Isochron Scepter

T

Tabasco

Oh my God...........Offline you are a laugh and a half..........Train quit bittching so much lighten up a bit. Besides why would't you explore the possibilities a little. There is a card in magic to counter every other card in the game, so get over it. Besides I don't remember but does PROTECTION FROM BLUE or PRO. FROM ANY COLOR FROM THAT MATTER mean any thing to you?? sure you can still counter it, but there now I've foiled every other possible option for you by using Mother of Runes and the like...........Oh BTW see how childish that sounds

........How many people go to tournaments with an anti-'Tog deck or an anti-scepter deck?? Live the reality you build a deck for its own purpose not to counter some other deck!!!

Offline has an explicit point and you are acting a bit childish just because he might have come up with a viable combo for the scepter and its not like you can't give anything protection from spells and abilities. And it's not like there isn't graveyard recursion.

Live a Little..................quit Bittching!!!!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by BigBlue
Oh and as for the discussion of whether the Scepter will be banned or not... I don't think it'll be banned in any format, but I do suspect it will be restricted in type 1. If for no other reason than it unrestricts 2 of the power 9 cards and all the tutors.
Good point.

Tabasco: Again, that's not what train was trying to say (I believe). He was saying that Offline did not make a case for why the Scepter should be banned because it can be dealt with in a variety of ways, not that you shouldn't try to use the Scepter period because it can be dealt with in a variety of ways.

N

Nightstalkers

Have I sewn enough discord here?

Lemme see what I can do to bring everyone back together.... :rolleyes: :confused:

First of all, the card will be kinda restricted in play because of the lack of really good counterspells in T2, of course T1 just might say goodbye and restrict it outright. But thats up to WotC of course ;) . Now, why not build something nasty around this neat'o little card we've been given? it would make WotC and the rest of us just giddy with delight that your dealing with more magic.

:eek:

am I going sane again? I really should stop taking my meds... :rolleyes:

M

mythosx

I haven't read through this whole thread yet so forgive me if some one has already mentioned this spell. but i think the most vicious spell anyone could imprint on this bad boy is Word of Command. Dear lord. However, I have to agree with reverend love near the beginning of the post.

There is nothing in Magic that can be done that there isn't an answer for. What can be done can be undone. The scepter should not be an uncommon though. Something this strong shouldnt be an over the counter item.

T

train

But it's not so strong in that there is so much that can handle it... that we have had a discussion on in other threads as well as this one......

Even in block format, WOTC made sure there was plenty out there to handle it...

Once you expand from block/sealed, the options only increase...

Library of Alexandria was uncommon you know...;)

B

BigBlue

There were no rares in Arabian Nights...

Just like Fallen Empires it only had commons and uncommons.

And by then they had to know that card drawing was a huge advantage, because Ancestral Recall was already phat.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, though technically there were no rares, WOTC said you can consider U1 as rares, U3 and C1? as uncommons, and so on.

They realized drawing three cards for 1 mana was pretty good, they didn't realize any type of cheap drawing is good. :)

N

Nightstalkers

Word of Command wouldn't be nasty, it would be downright funny!

Think about control decks getting their just deserts when you whipped them into shape with that combo!