Is Urza truly dead?

D

Doombringer

I remember that in reading storyline summaries on magic.com that Gerard and Urza were forced to fight each other on phyrexia, and it said that Gerard won. Does that mean Urza is truly dead or will he pop up some other time in an upcoming block?:confused:

N

Notepad

Most likely dead for good, dude. It seems the only survivor still living from that era is Karn, who is a plansewalker now.

M

mythosx

I thought gerard and Urza were fighting each other to the death, the resurrected just do fight again. It was like a daily ddying thing. How does a plainswalker lose to a soldier?

D

DeathMaster666

Urza had his head severed. Gerrard carried him around for a while, and used his powerstone eyes to stop Yawg. So he's dead.

N

Nightstalkers

The sick part about that is...

As heard by Karona:
“The world did not receive me. Those I chose turned from truth to perversions. I persisted. I built a whole world for them to inhabit, and when they would not, I built another world to bring my people to them. I came myself, embraced all of Dominaria, welcomed every last creature into my touch, but they reviled me. They called me, ‘destroyer,’ and Gaea cast me down.”
“I was a god, truer than any. I will be a good again soon.”
“I am Yawgmoth.”
Yawgmoth isn't dead...

R

Reverend Love

Originally posted by Nightstalkers
The sick part about that is...

Yawgmoth isn't dead...

WOO HOO! At least one of the cooler characters is still around.

N

Notepad

Originally posted by DeathMaster666
Was talking about Urza not Yawg.
Yeah, Suckatron Urza is gone. :D :p

Yup, Karona met Yawg's ghost. He wanted to seduce her or something, and told of his plans of coming back, but presently at last sighting in the storyline he was a mere phantom wishing to be reanimated, ala Gannon in Legend of Zelda. Maybe we'll see him again, or maybe he'll just stay a weak little phantom.

Funny though, how when Karona reached for a black representative, she pulled up Yawgmoth. Maybe it is a sign he will come back if he was that powerful of a black mana presence in phantom form.

M

mythosx

interesting. I haven't read the books cuz I really have given up fiction based upon games. I was really let down by those crappy battletech novels. Anyways, my question is who were the representatives for the other colors?

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by mythosx
interesting. I haven't read the books cuz I really have given up fiction based upon games. I was really let down by those crappy battletech novels. Anyways, my question is who were the representatives for the other colors?
I didn't read that part...

But having voices speaking in your head can't be a good sign for a self proclaimed "god"...

Ooh, whats the word on everyones favorite walking toaster oven, Karn?

M

mythosx

He did? Karn is a good card...but a wuss character. He should have sucker punched the sliver queen when he had the chance.

R

Reverend Love

Instead of Karn's Touch, Karn's Sucker Punch?.....I like it.

N

Notepad

Yeah, Karn did make the plane of Mirrodin, though he called it something totally different. There was one other sentient life form on the plane, and that was his little warden. Karn left to planeswalk with Jeska (yeah, she's a planeswalker, too) and put the warden in charge. The warden twisted things and abducted other life forms, and he himself became Memnarch.

Oh, and the Mirrari--it was also created by Karn. Apparently, there were a lot of them, and Karn sent them to different worlds to observe those worlds. Basically, the Mirrari, though corrupt and super powerful, was just one of many probes.

We will likely not see Karn again except as a segue device as he was last seen.

As for the other representatives, I specifically remember Yawgmoth's phantom for black, and I am fairly certain Kamahl was green. The others, I'd have to look up if I can find my dang Scourge novel.

T

train

If that's the case then Karn is the creator of so much more than previously thought...

But - if he played that big of a role - he will probably be seen in another set - in a much more powerful role...:cool:

C

chocobo_cid

what's with the importance of the ability "plainswalk?" I personally find Legandary Landwalk to be more useful.

C

chocobo_cid

That would probally explain the confusion. Suddenly, it all makes sense! It's as if the guys who did D&D let Wizards borrow some terminology!

:D