Is Urza truly dead?

I

Istanbul

No. He's partying in New Jersey with Elvish and Princess Diana.

M

mythosx

so in turn Urza made everything because he made Karn...He lives...kinda...through karn...kinda...Im lost. Why cant he comeback? they can reanimate normal things but not plainswalkers?

D

Doombringer

maybe the guys at wizards of the coast got tired of Urza and they killed him off. If so, BURN WIZARDS OF THE COAST BURN!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
by the way Sefro, was all this about karn creating mirrodin with jeska and the mirari probes in a book? if so, i want that book. Hey! maybe Karn returns in Fifth Dawn and saves glissa then kills Memnarch.

T

train

then he and glissa hit it off, and when she's done with him uses her ability and acts like the black widow spider...:D

N

Notepad

The stuff where Karona summoned mana representatives is in the middle of the Scourge novel. She is lonely and realizes she is destructive, so she goes to the top of a mountain alone with her Ixidor clones (yeah, at last check, two clones of Ixidor--formerly portals of his--were best buddies with Karona right before they killed her with Kamahl's Mirrari sword). There, she pulled up a strong rep from each color to attempt to find out her purpose for living.

Then comes a little planeswalking session (as in, interdimensional travel...NOT as in unblocked passage through praeries). She visits Mercadia (from Mercadian Masques) and it is not at all in good shape. Apparently, Phyrexian-enhanced goblin tyrants rule the plane. Then she skips over to Serra's universe and gets a severe word-lashing from an Arch-angel before hopping into the early Mirrodin. She talks with the Warden and then leaves.

So, you'd have to look around the middle of the Scourge novel to get the first peek ever of Mirrodin.

Later, when Karona is killed, she turns into Jeska (wtf!?!...but it happens that way) and then slips over to the early Mirrodin again to meet Karn, who apparently was posing as the Warden. Then, they slap each other in the rump, exchange horny looks, and are off to planeswalking. (okay, the sexual stuff wasn't in there, but they did leave together).

This is at the end of the Scourge novel. However, there is no hint at this point that the plane is Mirrodin. It is only unmistakably described as something akin to Mirrodin.

In the next novel, the Moons of Mirrodin, (which is written by a MUCH BETTER writer than the OLS-block books) the prologue retells Jeska and Karn meeting and deciding to go universe hopping. This time, Karn leaves the entire plane in the care of the Warden, who is obviously Karn's lackey. The Lackey sits and stares for centuries and then millenia, just wondering what the heck to do. (Yeah, seriously.) The makes little changes to the plane and names it Mirrodin, after the Mirrari which the Warden was apparently created from. (So the Mirrari exists yet, but it has been reforged into Memnarch). The Warden is clearly making a transition from lackey into Memnarch in this passage, and clues are given to the fact he wants to abduct other life forms to fill Mirrodin, then it ends.

And so begins chapter one of the book without anymore mention of the creation of Mirrodin by Karn or its twisting by the Mirrari/Memnarch.

Additionally, it has been thousands of years between the end of OLS-block and the beginning of MD5-block.

So when next we see Dominaria, the world may be totally different than we remember, thanks to thousands of years gone by.

N

Notepad

Who knows how the heck it'll be. The first Ice Age seen in the Magic cards was due to the Brother's War which wrecked the world and its environment. Then the goddess Freyalise had to undo it, and it turned the continent Ice Age took place on into not a snowy land, and not its former temperate self, but into a hurricane-ridden storm land of warming climate. It hasn't since been revisited as far as I know.

As for Dominaria, I'm writing some fanfic on what I'd think the reconstruction is like. Probably all we'll see of that world for some time is fanfic by bored/derranged writers.

C

chocobo_cid

Originally posted by SeFRo
Who knows how the heck it'll be. The first Ice Age seen in the Magic cards was due to the Brother's War which wrecked the world and its environment. Then the goddess Freyalise had to undo it, and it turned the continent Ice Age took place on into not a snowy land, and not its former temperate self, but into a hurricane-ridden storm land of warming climate. It hasn't since been revisited as far as I know.

As for Dominaria, I'm writing some fanfic on what I'd think the reconstruction is like. Probably all we'll see of that world for some time is fanfic by bored/derranged writers.
I cannot believe that you managed to even get through the Onslaught books, much less the Ice Age story.

"Did anyone else notice Karn's head in Slobad's art?"

That's Bosh.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/arcana/491

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought the Ice Age story was reasonable, especially since there weren't any novels to "flesh it out", but rather the small backstory that Wizards provided (and what was on the cards).

D

Doombringer

Hey, you know how in tempest or so, karn wondered where he came from? And now in mirrodin Bosh wondered where he came from, maybe Karn made bosh in the relationship Urza had to Karn! and even their card names have the same pattern, Bosh iron golem and Karn, silver golem. I sense a connection . . . :)

N

Nightstalkers

Triskelion, the family dog?

Okay... now I'm thinking too hard and its affecting my sanity... again.

Now... thinking back through my archives:

Karn transported the Mirari back to Argentum, and he turned it into a living thing to watch over it...

It went "mad" and turned the place upside down, even going so far as renaming the place Mirrodin, and thusly creating our funny little shiny world.

"Karn was wrong to omit the influence of Dominaria on this world. I shall name this world after myself. After my previous life as well as my new life. I shall name it Mirrodin"

N

Notepad

There ya go, NS. Thanks for the quote on that to help clarify it. :D

As for Karn creating Bosh, it seems highly unlikely. The golems of Mirrodin were created most likely by Memnarch, or whatever artificers Memnarch happened to steal from other worlds and bring to Mirrodin.

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by SeFRo
There ya go, NS. Thanks for the quote on that to help clarify it. :D

As for Karn creating Bosh, it seems highly unlikely. The golems of Mirrodin were created most likely by Memnarch, or whatever artificers Memnarch happened to steal from other worlds and bring to Mirrodin.
I don't read the books anymore... I just read the Phyrexian reports.

C

chocobo_cid

Because, of course, you're a sleeper agent for Phyrexia, right?:cool: