Is Subterfuge Alive?

F

FoundationOfRancor

Ok...one more time for those who dont really read my posts.

I wasnt the only one that wanted enemy cards..every once else did too. You say this is a team made set, but what if everyone else wants to change a rule.

No, I dont think the Turtle and Istanbul are childish for leaving. I dont know their reasons for leaving. You left right after we decided not to do things exactly your way. You went off and pouted. Every once in a while you would come and post something with a hell of alot of "..."
I think thats childish.

Whats this about taking it like a man? Have I sworn at you? Have you sworn at me? Whose the man here?

For the last time, I dont hold feelings against you when it comes to the making of this set.
How many times do I need to say it?
If you think otherwise, your delusional. If it bothers you that much, lets take a vote on enemy cards. I really dont care; I just want to make cards.

NEVER insult me again on these boards, pm if you have that big a urge...and for god's sake, lets end this fight.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

A misunderstanding based on a lack of communication caused all of this. As far as I know (I might have been wrong, in which case please correct me), here is what happened:

FoR has been making opposing color gold cards since the sliver set.
When the idea for this set came along, he decided to help out, and wanted to make opposing color gold cards as he had always done.

DÛke and Duster had their own plans for this set. This of course makes perfect sense, as they were some of its leading proponents at that point.

DÛke and Duster had ideas, and they wanted the set to adhere to them. Again, this makes sense. DÛke's points are valid.

Or rather, they were - 3 months ago. I for one certainly wouldn't have minded making only allied gold cards, and most of the people who work(ed) on the set would probably agree.
The problem is that you didn't tell us - or at least, you didn't hammer into our minds so we wouldn't forget them - your expectations. When working on a set, or anything creative, in a group, any ground rules have to be established at the beginning, or there will be problems near the end.
Many people were in the dark about numerous things - not just the card design, but the story as well.

If we had known, there would be no problem.

However, I don't blame you for not telling me - you were in unfamiliar territory. Everyone must realize this.

You were one of the third group to attempt to make a major CPA set involving many people (the other two being Casualties of War and the Sliver set).

Organizing and producing a set made by a group of people who may have different opinions on things is not easy, and should not be approached in the same way as a solo set. Everyone will have input, and may expect you to knuckle under and accept it.

DÛke was probably unaware of this, or at least didn't realize the full effect it has on making a set.

I don't blame him for this, nor should anyone. I would have had exactly this problem.

Once we recognize this issue, we can hopefully be a little more forgiving.

I don't want to sound like I'm mocking anyone. Everyone was just under a lot of pressure. Also, DÛke and FoR are different kinds of people.

D

DÛke

TICM:
The problem is that you didn't tell us - or at least, you didn't hammer into our minds so we wouldn't forget them.
I did tell you. Duster did tell you. Many times. Duster said that they're just ideas, and we don't have to take all the ideas into the set. I agreed. There are limits, however, when you see a lot of mono-color oriented and enemy-colored gold cards. Personally, I didn't think I should "hammer" into your minds about the information, since you all are, or at least, seemed to be intelligent enough to understand something when it's said once or twice.

TICM:
When working on a set, or anything creative, in a group, any ground rules have to be established at the beginning, or there will be problems near the end.
...and I happen to agree. I'm sorry that I didn't hammer away onto you...I mean, we've been together on the CPA for a long time, you know better. You are better.

We aren't revealing anything about the story, because truthfully, there isn't even a story. Just a sketch of it...I did tell you of that sketch. If we had new information, we would have told you.

TICM:
Organizing and producing a set made by a group of people who may have different opinions on things is not easy, and should not be approached in the same way as a solo set. Everyone will have input, and may expect you to knuckle under and accept it.
Everything in this world is made by people with different opinions. The difference is that those people agree to work together rather than "vote" and see which side wins. FoR mentioned something about voting...well, that's not fair. We already had established a rule (or at least we thought we had), there should be no voting. That's like saying: 3 thieves break into my house, and I'm alone, and we all sit down for tea, and vote if they should rob the house or not (3 over 1). See how ironic it is?

...I was wide open for any suggestions and ideas...but not those beyond the rules. If I didn't care about the set, I wouldn't be trying to set it back in its straight yet definite direction...what, you think I'm just trying to be annoying?

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I certainly don't.

I'm just trying to patch things up. That's probably stupid, and I certainly showed my lack of knowledge on this issue (I didn't exactly research my response, as you can tell). I admit that.
But at this point, to someone like me, it's the only thing that makes sense.

D

DÛke

...no need to worry, TICM. :)

All I wanted is a good, team made set. If that's not gonna happen for me, I guess it was never meant to be...but I do hope to see that everybody else keep on working constantly to at least finish what we all have begun peacefully.

L

Landkiller

Whoa...some people seem to be taking this a bit more seriously than me...I think I started making the enemy gold cards. Sure, they don't go along here, but I had the idea so I made it anyway. When they can be used, they will be, because I will not forget how to find them.

Just because I make stuff that doesn't follow the rules doesn't mean you can't assemble the set as you wish. Spare ideas will be recycled for another day. I know 70% of cards won't be used, b/c redundancy, card balance, and in-flavorness, or just vanillaness. I don't care.

I don't want to be the person who decides things...I just make cards...and if this set doesn't work I'll take my stuff to some other set people are making. Hopefully one where they make an Apprentice patch and play with them.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Landkiller's right.

What angered me was calling this set the "Team Made Set" and then not changing a small rule that we didnt want.

But, if no one else wants enemy gold cards in this set, thats fine. And Duke/Duster, it is your set (You guys did start), so you should get to decide whats in it or not.

D

Duster

Personally, I'm all about Democracy, if people want them in, then rock on. But it was my intention to use enemy colored golds later on in an expansion.

N

NeuroDeus

Gosh I read the whole thread... didn't know things so much flared up because of something I said... Im sorry both Duke and FoR but I only wanted to point out something to Duke and as FoR said i did an honest mistake... I don't want to fight with anyone...

F

FoundationOfRancor

Its not your fault NeuroDeus! Just some tempers flared...