Is Subterfuge Alive?

L

Landkiller

Well, I don't need to say a lot here. Title says it all.

Whoever's working on Subterfuge may as well check in here, give me a what's up, or I'll take my card designs and...*Landkiller realizes card designs are damn near worthless* do nothing with them. That's right, I'll sit on them. So there.

;)

D

Duster

Well, while lately I haven't been involved much in the process of design, I've been watching, and trust me Landkiller, your ideas are exremely valuable to us.

I know I say this a lot, but I am an extremely busy person, and I wish I could keep up with you crazy people :) Hopefully as summer is rolling around, I'll be able to contribute more to the set!

I'm still very excited by the whole process, and am really learning to sypathize with the folks at WotC :) Those guys have it a lot harder than it seems; And to think that we're pretty open inded about eachother's ideas, imagine one stubborn person thrown into our mix, it would change everything!

So there's my check up, I hope to see some more ideas from you guys soon, and I appreciate all the support we've been given!

S'all for now,
Dustin

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I won't have time to work on it for a month or so, due to a lot of other "more important" work - but I hope other people aren't forgetting it. In about June I'll be able to work on it more.

D

DÛke

...I don't know, I like to know myself.

The set has driven away from what it was supposed to be. Now there are opposing colored gold cards, and cards that are hard to play in mutli-colored decks...etc...

I dunno, but I wish you the best...

F

FoundationOfRancor

I have been a little busy lately, but I think I'll be able to jump back into it soon...

D

DÛke

...that's what I meant, FoR...it's not longer stale. :)

I dunno what you did to the set, but it sure is cool now...I guess I should've believed everyone who told me that you could work miracles on everything. You're ideas are just so new to the point of me not being able to handle it...:)

Keep it goin'...

N

NeuroDeus

I don't have the time... lately... maybe after this month is over...

Btw have the original 'owners' abandoned everything? (Duke+Duster)??

D

Duster

See my post above, I haven't abandoned it.
I hope DUke can put more input into it, as his ideas were much appreciated, and no matter what direction the submitted cards are going, it doesn't mean that they'll be used, but we can still use the ideas for something else, know what I mean?

D

DÛke

...sorry I haven't been able to answer earlier. I've been busy.

Anyway, no, I haven't discarded the set (already), but the thought is very tempting. I'll send you a PM, Duster...

N

NeuroDeus

You cannot 'discard' it duke... me, FoR, Landkillerm, CE and Duster can still continue it...

D

DÛke

...anything about any of you "discarding" it? No. I guess some people just don't know how to read these days.

>>I<< Can discard the set whenever I want...meaning leaving it untouched...in the dust. YOU all can play with, suck it, do whatever you want to it all you want...

...you know why you could do any of this stuff?

Probably because nobody else would give a crap...:)

F

FoundationOfRancor

Duke, what the hell is your problem?

I understand if you want to leave it, but you dont have to get all vicous about it. You did decide to make this a "TEAM MADE set", and yet your all mad when we decided to do something that you didnt want.
NeuroDeus made an honest mistake. "Discarded" means to imply that your throwing the whole set away, when you simply just ment that you were leaving...

D

DÛke

FoR: F*CK YOU, you piece of SH*T!

GOD, I wanted to say that long time ago!

F

FoundationOfRancor

That for all of Duke's metaphysics, he is still a jerk.

And remember how Duke replies to a sound argument, and how he has been completely childish in all his dealings so far in concerining this thread.

Now, I say we let things be. No, the set is not dead. Its quite active now! I guess we all needed a shove in the right direction:)

D

DÛke

Duke, what the hell is your problem?
Sounds like a friendly, sound argument to me.

Execuse me Mr. Perfect, but when I said it was a team made set, I meant that it's a team MADE set. Duster and I layed down the rules...

...yet you find it "lame" that we have rules. You bi*ch about it like you're a freakin' slabbed-down house wife.

Go back and read the ORIGINAL thread where we started the set...see how many people asked to join, and see how many I welcomed with an open heart. ALL OF THEM. Tell me that's childish...tell me THAT is not a work of a person who really wants a team.

...but no, like always, you're intermixing what you think of me with my ideas. It's a different thing. This is supposed to be fun...not something where you reflect the way you feel about someone...yet, you do that FoR...you really do. It's not fair really...because I have so many silenced ideas now...and yes, I admit it finally, I AM afriad to post my ideas because YOU might come in and complain or something...NOT because the ideas are bad, but because of the way you feel about me...

It's not fair...and I'm sorry I'm causing you problems. You have fun with the set now, I shouldn't have said anything...

...sorry.

F

FoundationOfRancor

I dont find it "lame" (I dont recall me ever using that word) that we have rules, I simply didnt like one rule. Also, I am not saying that you havent been a great help to this set, or a great card maker. You have been and you are. Im saying that both the way you reacted to NeuroDeus, and your sudden departure from the set is childish.

And your totally ignoring my argument,

"What the hell is your problem"

is not the argument. Its just the first sentence. The point is that your jumping all on NeuroDeus because he made an honest mistake that we all could have made ourselves.

NEVER have I insulted you in any way for putting in ideas. I have tried to set my feelings aside so we can work on the set together in a peaceful way. We disagreed on *one* thing, and that is to have enemy multicolor or not. Everyone just decided to do enemy colors. Democracy. And then you just leave, like a child going off to pout. And why? Because you couldnt have your exact way? If everyone had decided that enemy gold colors was a bad idea, I would have said, "Thats fine."
DO NOT insult me, because I have been completely mature in all of this.

Yes, you should have said something. You just shouldnt have been a total jerk about saying it. Personally, im glad to see you gone. When my feelings concern the set however, Im worried...because frankly, we need you.

D

DÛke

...no matter how I try to cope up with the way you say things, I still end up not handling it well. Yes, I'm being vague. Deliberately.

The set was to be made as a team, meaning that everyone is free to input ideas, criticize, create, or whatever. However, the set had rules, not only one, but a couple. These rules were set up by Duster and I, and were to be followed by anyone who likes to join.

...and I'm not trying to be a leader of something or whatever, I'm just trying to make a simply organized way of making a set.

Duster and I agreed that the set was to have only allied gold cards. Not only did you disagree about the whole gold card thing, but you also wanted enemy colored gold cards. >>That's not all, you started suggesting that some cards would be better off being mono, which they wouldn't, but it's just you that hates the gold cards.

Now, it may not sound to be a big deal, but you contribute a lot to the set, which is highly appreciated, however, you're not contributing alining with the basic given limits.

...and how is it childish that I just abandoned the set? Who said I "just" abandononed it? I didn't. Would it have been better if I had told you why I left? Believe me, shouting out my reasons would make me look a child, but if you want my reasons, I'll be more than happy to tell you:

>>I really didn't want you workin' on the set.
>>Istanbul abandoned the set (is he childish for not justifying?)
>>Chaos Turtle abandoned the set (is HE childish?)

No, but >>I'm<< childish for abandoning without giving a reason. See, you hold what you feel about me against me, even when making cards...and it's clear...and I can't work with you...and that's true...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This is usually why WOTC puts out 3 expansions in a cycle... they usually have too many ideas to fit in one expansion. :)

D

DÛke

...Spiderman, that's why Duster and I chose to make one standalone, and 2 sets.

The first one was to have allied gold cards. It's the beginning of the story.

The second is where everything changes. It's to have ONLY non-allied gold cards.

The third was still in planning, and I don't know what is up with it, since I..."abandoned" the set. Who knows, it could've been a mono-thematic set, which FoR would have enjoyed greatly.

And FoR, one more thing before I leave you to your set: if I had to say everything I had to say, then you would have nothing to say. You're saying you'll be glad to see me leave the CPA, but...let's get this straight, I'll never leave. Never. I'll be here like a fu*kin' parasite. It's not my problem. I have no regrets. Why don't you just deal with it...and stop wishing...take it like a man, although it maybe hard for you. I understand...