Is Power worth it?

• Thread starter Striking Dragon
  • Start date
H

Hetemti

] Dude, did you just draw that? That's freaking hilarious!
Of course. ^^

] I've got to proxy cards I own (like my 1 Sol Ring), I've got 15 decks put together.

I run a stable of eight, and I have (quick guess) a Sol in six of 'em and three in my Deckbuilding box. I payed $5 for the first, and Less or Trade for the rest. You can get them if you want them.

I suppose I can't say I'm totally against Proxy...Wish you had three more swamps instead of mountains? Flip three over in the sleeve and go for it. One guy needed a fourth Geddon but had a proxy in the slot. I offer a trade for it, he agreed, the proxy is fine, since he'd have the card in the deck if I had my binder on me.

I also wouldn't mind someone proxing an A.Recall in a place known to have sticky-fingered clientelle if I'd seen the card to verify it, and if the proxy is well printed. Hell, I'd even let 'em get away with the new border...

Attachments

T

train

I'm talking about proxying whatever you want for casual and as long as the opponents/friends agree...

Tournaments however - only proxies allowed are those issued by judges...

R

Reverend Love

You'll find your money better spent on a full set of duals. Eases your deck building restraints, more bang for the buck and aren't as despised by your fellow players as Teh Powhwa.

N

Nightstalkers

And don't waste your money on misprints unless your a collector of that sort of things.

A

Apollo

Reverend Love raises a good suggestion... the Duals are definitely the way to go if you're spending some money, IMHO.

H

Hetemti

I went with duals, too. Now, I have trouble making a deck if I don't have duals for 'em...I see painlands and say...ummmm, nope.

T

train

Just playtest and see which you like best dragon...

It will be your money...

Though you could have a hundred duals for the price of just a few power nines...;)

S

Striking Dragon

Yes, dual lands are an interesting option, probably could get 8 duals per mox / twister / walk / library. Getting full playsets for every one would probably run me 600 CAN $, maybe I'll stick to the ones i need first. Also I should get mana drains for my mono blue.

Just checked Ebay, Unl. Mox emeralds up to 250 CAN $, no thank you.

Thanks for your help, if you have any more comments feel free.

T

train

duals usually land at about 10-12 each...

so that's about 20-25 duals just for the price of a mox...:eek:

Let us know how the dual-ing goes...;) :D :p :rolleyes:

H

Hetemti

At my local shop, minty duals are $20+, but played duals are 9~13, so I grab those.

Also, look for trades. I love to pick 'em up by finding someone with one he never uses and swapping it for a solid rare he wants for a deck. I did Tagia for Land Tax just last week. I don't like LT White, but I do want to play some R/G.

Double Coincidence of Wants is your friend.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, this seemed to be a hot thread over the weekend...

anyway, to clarify my views on proxies, basically it's the same as the others: okay in private playtesting and if your opponents agree/don't care, not in tourney's unless they say it's okay too.

I agree duals are the better way to go there too :)

T

train

From Ask Wizards...
Q: "I saw proxy (fake) cards on eBay... Are these legal to sell?"
--Rick Olivares, Las Cruces, NM

A: From Shelley McKinley, Wizards legal department:
"Recently, copies of Magic cards have been appearing for sale on eBay, listed as 'proxies.' Wizards of the Coast owns the copyright and trademark rights to the Magic: The Gathering game. Copying Magic cards or offering copies for sale on eBay or elsewhere infringes our rights and violates federal and state laws. We regularly check eBay and have infringing auctions removed. We also rely on tips from players alerting us to this activity. Please send any tips to custserv@wizards.com."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I think it's kinda obvious that you're not supposed to sell them. I wasn't even saying you had to print up a full picture of the card you wanted to proxy and attach it to a land card; you could just write on the land card like what Hetemti showed.

T

train

That's what I normally do...

But printed pictures look so much nicer...:rolleyes: :D :cool:

N

Nightstalkers

I use my old laser printer and Magic Suitcase to make my proxies...

I just haven't been able to find out how to put my Laser printer on stun yet...

R

Reverend Love

Write a QBasic program to send it the proper Escape codes.
But first reverse your protons polarity to be in flux with the atom burster...or else you'll have trouble.