Is Magic evil and Satanic?

D

DÛke

...Sleepy, do I recall saying anything about "smoking"? I don't think so...all I said that there is MORE problems that need to be TAKEN CARE OF, IF YOU CARE! If you don't, then that's better, that just means that you're living YOUR life, not minding anyone's business...which is EXACTLY what I'm doin'. I don't care if someone smokes or whatever. Though, if I DID care, I'm sure it wouldn't be of ANYONE'S business to tell me what I'm supposed to believe. That also execludes you, Sleepy.

...hmmm, maybe, JUST MAYBE, you should of that of what I said before adding that overly pointless ":mad:".

C

Cateran Emperor

Hooray! I've found a new bunch of people to laugh at! :D

Just kidding there Treeman, but you can obviously tell how I reacted to reading a large number of contrary opinions. Methinks perhaps I should get cracking sowing some chaos in their singleminded world as they have a message board.

Excuse me, I need another laugh :D

[Edited by Cateran Emperor on 01-02-01 at 10:40 PM]

M

Multani

I hope they don't flame you too badly...:D
Personally, I think you are one of the few Christians whose opinion I respect. (Comming from me that's a VERY high compilment mind you.)
I have no problem with religion. Granted, I don't have a taste for it, but that's my opinion. But people like the pastor try to impose their own opinion on the minds of others...I can't stand those people, especially if the idea they're trying to impose is hard (actually next to impossible) to prove, and very distastful in my opinion...
Well, I've rambled enough. I better calm down before I go fanatical on MY opinion. :D

C

Cateran Emperor

Oh but Multani, I don't just flame. I flame with eloquence, tact, and cunnning. I shall beguile them with my mastery of language, and the true charisma of a man with extraordinary diction from the days of the Bard! They shall not know what bewildering force buffets them with the vociferous force of a thousand gales!

Translation for Ransac : I'm gonna use big words on them. :cool:

Back from my self-indulgent-ego-stroking rant, Frankly, I actually respect your opinion as well o spirit of Yavimaya, despite it being fairly contrary to mine.

I have a tendency to respect the opinions of people who have a life, but attack the fanatics who amazingly apparently have nothing at all else to do (on both sides)

A

Apollo

My itchy trigger (re: emailing) finger was just dying to blast an email off to him. But I didn't. By now, he probably doesn't remember it because he's too busy writing his essays against hot chocolate, apple pie, and his own mother.

Oh, and I'm sure he agrees with me that Chess is evil because you "play God," lording over the pieces on the board, forcing them to do what you wish.

Oh, and DUke, you did call smoking "a crime".

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to slaughter some animals and defile a cross.:rolleyes:

[Edited by Apollo on 01-03-01 at 08:14 PM]

D

Duel

Ooh! let me help!

I didn't notice when it was written! Wow!

Anyone here remember pogs?

N

NeuroDeus

I'm a Roman Catholic ala the old style. I'm living right under the Vatican City and Italy. This "pastor" is probably is Protestant (one of the churches) because he is married.

MTG is evil
Pokemon is evil
Pogs are evil
D&D is evil

he got all those bad except the second one. Go Charizard, I need to catch 'em all. {Hypnotic background sound}

{a cough}

{a murmur}

{sound of silence?}

D

Duel

More like "Silence of the lambs"

And, when you get right down to it, pogs are pretty damn evil.....

D

DÛke

...NO, I didn't. I don't smoke, and I have nothing about smokers, but if I am to get my *ss off, and try to complain about something, I wouldn't be complaning about a bunch of cards with art on it...I would try to discuss more important issues, SUCH AS smoking. You don't know anything about smoking, so I suggest you not say much. 19 of my relatives died because of smoking, plus 3 friends are having problems already - so nobody has an idea of what it is like...so don't complain...

I

Istanbul

Duke, I don't think that's necessarily true. A lot of us know how toxic smoking is to the human body.

L

littlesaltz

In ANY persuasive essay, the writer is trying to persuade (hence the name) the reader to agree with him. Sometimes he/she succeeds, sometimes not. The same is true for the pastor. All of evangelism is persuasion, by one means or another. So, the pastor writes the way he does.

Saltz

S

Sleepy

which is why I wondered what you had against smoking. I'm sorry abot your family man

D

DÛke

...what's not true? My relatives death? Smoking, NOT dangerous? What is not true? Yes, 19 of my relative did die off of smoking, but there were other things that went along with it, smoking just gave the end a "push"; a big push that is. Smoking is dangerous, wheather I like it or not...I don't mind smoking, heck, almost everyone I know smokes...that doesn't mean it's good.

Sleepy: :).

A

Apollo

DUke:
I mean, you see freakin' air pollution, you see people smoking, you see people drinking AND driving, you see people doing all kind of drugs, and you see violence, you see prostitution, you see The Matrix, and you see a lot of more stuff...AND THEN, someone would come, and from ALL the crimes in the whole wide world, Magic comes to mind!
That is what I and Sleepy were referring to. You basically refer to it as a crime, and associate it with violence and prostitution.

You don't know anything about smoking
That is what Istanbul said wasn't true. I do happen to know how harmful smoking is; most people do know, it's just that some either choose to ignore it or can't help themselves. My grandpa died from smoking; granted, it's not 19 people, but I do understand.

I'm sorry about your family.

D

DÛke

...I don't compare "The Matrix" to violence...it's MUCH more, but I've watched it 23 times, so it doesn't matter. :)

Anyway, back to the topic...Magic is nothing but a card game...everything else, is just trash.

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by DÛke
...so nobody has an idea of what it is like...so don't complain...
This is what I'm referring to. Some of us DO know what it's like.

Yes, Magic is evil. And if the fools who revile it fail to worship my Dark Lord, the streets will run red with their blood!!!

...just kidding. :)