Is Britney Spears The Devil?

D

DÛke

...you got it all wrong. I don't think anyone here like Britney Spears' songs, but mostly, all guys here, I hope, think she's hot, and she is. She's just to pretty to ignore. I, don't care about her music, or pop, or whatever the hell it is, I just like to watch her, that's it. Her music is not music, it's not real, trust me, it's just dumb, but she, she's real, she looks real, she's hot.

And Kristina, or however the hell you spell her name, I don't think she's hot...She's too skinny for my taste, and she puts all that crap on her face to look better. If you look good, you wouldn't need make up to back you up! Kristina just proves she's ugly by showing us her crayon box on her face!

And Jessica Simpson, she's not that bad. I don't like her though. Her or her music.

As for the other pop stars, I don't care about them, their CD's, songs, videos or whatever. I have Napster, and I think I have 1 Nsync song somewhere in my downloads, but that's it, 1 song.

Pop sucks. You could, if you're lucky, find 1 song that is good. Chances are 1/100.

I like to listen to techno mostly. Savage garden ain't bad, and Filter is just too plain good.

And for all of you who think Britney sucks, yes, she does suck, but her looks, that's another story.

A

Apollo

OK, I don't like her music, and I think she's hot. I wouldn't call her evil. I mean, if someone offered you tons of money and fame just to dance around a little and pretend to sing, wouldn't you accept?

As far as I'm concerned, just ignore her.

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

I agree with Almindhra. I don't think she is all that hot she looks more like a cheap slut to me.

D

Duster

I'm down with Almindhra and Nodnarb.
She's really just trampy looking, and that's not cool. Not to mention that she's a horrible horrible performer.
The Recording Industry knows her looks and pop songs ppeals to certain demographics (young/adolescent(sp?) girls and boys), and it's so easy to pump money into something that will net you more money.
The only music you can like is the music you hear, and as long as a lot of these people are forced to see and hear her, they'll like her and other pop crap like her. Meanwhile, independant bands can't sign contracts because they don't have an image. It doesn't matter if their music is revolutionary or groundbreaking, if they don't look good and have poppy songs, it's extremely hard for them to get a break.
Pop means popular, it's really sad that the Recording Industry is telling US what's popular.
So instead of watching Britney's t**s bounce around on TV, go out to a club if you can and catch a show, or find some way to find a new band that's truly talented, there's plenty of them around.
If you want some recommendations, ask me, I'll do what I can.

I suppose I'll stop rambling now :)

<D>ustin

D

Duel

I'm with Nodbarb. If I wanted to get a plastic girl, Barbie is almost as cheap as britney anyways. She just never seemed attractive. As a note, niether did christina. Nor Jessica simpson. I know, I'm odd.

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

Remember every1 that Duel is a Drow and therefor thinks that Lloth, a half-spider half-elf woman, is hot. His opinions are therefor void.

D

Duel

Hey, don't diss the spider women or they'll have sex with you and then bite your head off.

Right, Almindhra?

E

Erbrich

I must say that I do believe that Britney is either the devil incarnate or one of his minions. She is trying to lure us into listening to her songs(with subliminal evil messages, mind you) by taking on an enticing form so we'll watch the videos.
She realized that we can mute it, so she is getting herself overplayed on all of the radio stations. She's taking every attempt to get these messages to us.
The Pokemon thing is to get little kids under her control so that she won't have to waste time with them later.
She also set it up so that both products are getting mega sales.
And one of my friends has a theroy that she either is or used to be a man. I can't divulge all of the details, as I don't know all of the, but I can probably get him to come here and explain it.
And if you notice, notice how her songs have to do with not being able to get something off your mind...coincidence???
I THINK NOT!!!

Erb

D

Django

1. Almindhra: Do I smell jealousy? :)
2. Duke: I always considered Savage Garden to be pop. Me wrong?
3. Britney is HOT, dammit. And that, my friends, is the truth. If you can handle it.. :)

A

Almindhra

No...Why would I be jealous of her?...I'm real...I have real talent...I'm not incredibly gorgeous, but I have an exotic beauty I think...Which is better than the average look...I'm smart...She obviously isn't...

No, I have nothing to be jealous about...

D

Django

I agree fully with what you said about her talent and the status of music these days.
I do, however, not agree with you on her looks. But that is just a matter of taste.. nothing more.
I have not the slightest idea why you should be jealous of her.. Please note that I was aiming for humor and sarcasm. I was hoping the smilie would indicate that. :)

D

DÛke

...Almindhra doesn't use smilies, so don't expect one. She might be laughing at something, but she ain't gonna use ":)" to indicate that she's alright with what you said :).

Anyway, about Savage Garden, I don't think it's pop. Pop is supposed to be stupid, meaning less, and without taste, Savage Garden's songs are realy not like that, and it's not a peom that Almindhra could have written when she was a baby :). I have the second CD, it's much better than the first one, and if 'that' is pop, than I like it.
When I bought Savage Garden's CDs, they were under the R&B section!
What was that all about! Fooled me...

About Britney, and her looks, well, Almindhra can't judge her, because she's a girl too, she can't talk for guys and tell them what's hot and what's not...I'm a guy, and I could talk for myself, and I say, Britney Spears is hot, no matter what her music is, she is just plain good looking, that's it, that simple, without any questions.

D

Django

Savage Garden in the R&B section? What were they thinking... :)
I have to say that 90% of all the crap they play on MTV is pop. Savage Garden is one of those 'heavy-played' bands, especially their new single 'Affirmation'. Maybe it's not the same in the US. I think I heard somewhere that SG isn't as popular in US as in Europe. They are really huge here.. When I look at them I just see another boyband with two members instead of four or five. And in my world that's pop.
However, being a metalhead and all, I tend to think that all music that isn't metal is pop. :)

As for Almindhra.. Using smilies and understanding smilies isn't the same thing. I think almost all the people using the internet know what a smilie stands for. Even if you don't use them yourself. And I'm almost sure Almindhra knows what they stand for. Or, me wrong again?

Everyone's got taste. Their own taste. :D

M

Multani

I have no problem with Britney being the Devil. I have no religious responsibility to hate the Devil. :D
Truth is:
She's attractive. That is that.
Her songs are not perfect, but they're good enough to catch on.
All that schemeing people say is B***S***.
Be realistic guys.

C

Cateran Emperor

She is sort of hot, in a "look at these breasteses" sort of way.

*cough*tramp*cough*

Seriously, she can't sing, she's just a tramp. What do you really expect?

BTW, I'd agree Almindhra's jealous ;)

A

Almindhra

You're all a**holes...ALL OF YOU!!!...lol...

Duke: No, I don't use smilies that much...And yes, you can't can't see me laughing and smirking behind the computer...

Django: I do understand smilies...

I am not jealous...

D

Django

Yeah, I'm an a**hole.. I'm a male, after all. :)

[Edited by TomB on August 24th, 2000 at 11:50 PM]