Invasion T2 Decks

I

Istanbul

Since you can't use Opportunity, have you considered putting in Inspiration? Sure, it's 2 cards instead of 4, but it's still not bad.

G

Gizmo

Daenen - I would beat that Blastogeddon deck, I imagine. This brings me to a point that I`ve been wanting to make for a bit - I`ve just got into Apprentice in a big way, so anybody want a game? Is there like a CPA register of names and of times when people are online?

Black-Red control is usually quite easy, B/U control is harder but I`m not too scared of Nether Spirit - typically you win by putting two Spirits in the graveyard then countering their Cremate. Nether-Go is very slow and not too much of a threat. Plus U vs U matchups are very skill-based and we expect to outplay most opponents in those games, which helps. Blue decks are really had to play (I know, because I`m bad at them).

D

Daenen

I was thinking about that. Where would we post our IP numbers? (basically our phone numbers)

D

Daenen

FYI, if you want to play test, and can't find anyone, just open Apprentice twice, and play yourself. Don't play favorites, and remember you win no matter what. It helps enourmously. Also, don't hesitate to use other people's decks and copy away. Remember, you are trying to make you deck as good as possible, so use every means available to you.

N

Neil Rigby

I play apprentice over the net using irc, i connect using irc.oasis-net.net and enter channel #apprentice and my screen name is kingprawn (hope to see some of you soon)

G

Griffith_se

I wouldn't mind getting My butt kick by You Gizmo. If You don't mind easy wins. :)

I'm on #apprentice and #Type-Random
Screen Name: Griffy

Do You remember the Dojo pager? If We had something like that, then You could see Who's on-line, page them, and ask for a game.

Oh, and another thing. If everyone would use CPA in there screen name that would be helpfull, i.e. CPAGriff, CPAGizmo, CPASpidy, see what I mean? That way It would be easy to identify CPA'ers.

[Edited by Griffith_se on 10-24-00 at 08:18 AM]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I noticed Griffy might have referred to my deck way up above (Stone Rain and Rain of Tears). That deck was Extended at the very least (remember the Factories?) so maybe it's not a good deck to play against your Fish deck (which is Standard, right?) Unless you're aiming to beat Extended decks with Standard decks... I just don't really know current cards and don't really have the time to sit down and look at them on Apprentice :(

Also, I'm on sometimes in the afternoon 4-6 EST but it varies. My IP number changes because of my ISP. I'm usually on #type-random when I'm on under Spiderman or CPASPidey.

Question: Can't you do /names to see who's on?

G

Griffith_se

Yeah,
Stone Rain, Rain of Tears, Edict, Mishra's Factory Tore Me up. I wanted to Lobotomize Your deck sooo.. bad, but I could never keep more than 3 land in play. :(

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That was the idea... (and denying you blue, and keeping the painlands open so you had to take a pt when you wanted to use the mana...)

W

Whimsical

Bad, bad, Spidey. Pitting an extended LD deck against a T-2 deck is just plain unfair. ;) Now if you used a T-1 with Sinkholes and Strip Mine... that's just plain cheesy. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's not like it was a killer tourney deck... it uses Monstrous Hound and Energizer (now who uses those?)

W

Whimsical

Monstrous Hound user here... <sheepishly raises a hand> I also use a B/R Extended LD deck, Spidey dahling. The Energizer though... <laughs> If you put in a couple of bunny cards in the deck, you'd have an adorable theme deck! :D

W

Whimsical

Assuming that Gizmo dearie doesn't mind us using his thread... ;) And on a side-note, I don't think there ARE any bunny cards. <laughs>

9 Mountains
9 Swamps
4 Sandstone Needle
4 Dark Ritual

4 Diabolic Edict
2 Breath of Darigaaz
2 Shard Phoenix
2 Wildfire

4 Stone Rain
4 Rain of Tears
4 Pillage
4 Flowstone Flood
2 Lay Waste
2 Aftershock

2 Monstrous Hound
2 Wildfire Emissary

Common sense dictates I drop the big dogs in favor of two more Wildfire Emissaries ... but I kinda like the big mastiffs. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Apologies to Gizmo for hijacking his thread.

Here's mine:

1 Pit Trap
2 Badlands
4 Lightning Bolt
1 Contagion
4 Mishra's Factory
1 Sudden Impact
1 Terror
1 Shivan Hellkite
1 Purging Scythe
1 Nevinyrral's Disk
2 Dark Ritual
2 Wall of Souls
1 Polluted Mire
1 Smoldering Crater
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Juggernaut
8 Swamp
1 Energizer
1 Monstrous Hound
3 Pillage
1 Rain of Tears
8 Mountain
2 Pyrokinesis
4 Stone Rain
3 Choking Sands
4 Diabolic Edict

Sorry it's not sorted or anything. It's also Rath Cycle and before.

W

Whimsical

I can imagine your opponent playing Jester's Cap on you ... and then having a brain embolism trying to figure out which cards to Cap. <laughs> Ditto for the Lobotomy users... ;)

L

Landkiller

Hey, Daenen! You're from St. Louis too! Maybe I'll play you at States, eh?

Last Year I played

Absolute 2
4 x Hoodwink
4 x Snap
4 x Boomerang
4 x Rescind

4 x Gush
4 x Brainstorm

4 x Temporal Adept
4 x Gilded Drake
4 x Treachery
4 x Cloud of Faeries

20 x Island

Anyway, at 0-0-3 I dropped. That's some bad, eh?
I would have even won two matches of the series had it not come to time.

I sided in 4 Ring of Gix against Nether Spirit- Contamination lock and delayed losing a game by so long it wasn't funny. Drew and Played all four while opponent had a Nether attacking and a Nether in recursion.

D

Duel

Noooo! No more mono decks!

Actually, I'm sorry to see the mono decks doing to badly. I'll have to play one, just to bug people.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Surprisingly enough, I have only had one Jester's Cap played AND used against me, even when they were big during Ice Age.

However, the guy I was playing at the time did use Lobotomy so I had to watch out for that.

Mostly though, I wanted to use my one and only Hound and Energizer and Hellkite (mostly Hound which is why it's land destruction).