Intruder Alarm/Thopter Squadron combo

• Thread starter Thallid Ice Cream Man
  • Start date
T

train

Bog initiate... but he's black mana...

Believe me - it's a good thing that the color U was not given a llanowar elf...:eek: ;)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I'm still looking through Onslaught to see if there's anything I could use to make a tribal deck with I. Alarm.
I don't think Wizards will work unless I use multiple colors, which is probably a bad idea, or reevaluate how the deck will be set up.
Birds is out of the question.
Merfolk's abilities are too weak.
So I'd probably have to look outside blue if I don't use Wizards.

N

Nightstalkers

We suggest using a green tree hugger deck...
Elves for goodness sake!!!

think about the fireball that would make!!!

Priestess of Titania W/ other elves in play as well as the thopter squad!!!

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I've had two more ideas.

#1: Words of Wilding works well with Symbiotic Deployment. I put 1 in.

#2: If I have Yavimaya Hollow and the combo out, I can kill with... get this... Crypt Rats. (I can just regenerate all of my stuff as much as I want anyway, the Crypt Rats included, and it allows me board control as well as a kill method. I could still blow it up if I wanted to without the hollow... the poacher, the thopter, the argothian elder and any bear tokens would still be alive.)

So if I wanted to put in 1 Crypt Rats, how should I readjust the mana base? I think maybe I should go to 2 Yavimaya Hollow and drop the Pendelhaven but I'm not sure.

Here's an experimental version:

4 Llanowar Elves
4 Urborg Elf
4 Priest of Titania
3 Fyndhorn Elder
3 Argothian Elder
4 Skyshroud Poacher
3 Thopter Squadron
3 Intruder Alarm
3 Symbiotic Deployment
4 Life/Death
1 Weird Harvest
1 Words of Wilding
1 Crypt Rats
14 Forest
4 Yavimaya Coast
2 Undiscovered Paradise
1 Yavimaya Hollow
1 Pendelhaven

N

Nightstalkers

People like Finkle have come up with the wierdest combos from just looking through junk commons and uncommons.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

That's a surprisingly good point; the problem with my combos (besides that they don't always work) is that they tend to be rare-heavy. Thanks. :cool:

T

train

Yeah - just look at Pebbles - Enduring Renewal infinity combo... It used 1 rare 1 uncommon(Ashnod's Altar) and usually an Ornithopter...

J

John`O

Has anyone suggested making infinite 7/7s
with Voice of the Woods?
Probably not really very good but...

(1.X legal)
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Birchlore Rangers
4 Elvish Lyrist
4 Quirion Elves
4 Priest of Titania
4 Intruder Alarm
4 Tradewind Rider
4 Skyshroud Poacher
4 Voice of the Woods
4 Deranged Hermit
4 Yavimaya Coast
4 Gaeas Cradle
12 Forest

John

T

train

I believe there is a type 2 infinite dragons deck thanks to Onslaught!:eek: :cool: :D

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

You mean Dragon Roost/Mana Echoes? That doesn't interest me very much, but if you have enough dragons, and if Mana Echoes produces colored mana (I don't remember and I'm too ambivalent to bother checking it out but remember you need infinite red mana), sure, use it. (Centaur Garden is better with Mana Echoes anyway.)

Voice of the Woods was about the sixth Onslaught card I saw, and I think Alongi mentioned the combo with Intruder Alarm in the same article he used to introduce Voice -- so by my twisted logic it's off limits for use with Intruder Alarm, at least for the time being. (Oh well, my loss. :)) I figure that as this deck is going to suck anyway, I might as well make it suck in overly elaborate and exotic ways. [/shark with frickin laser beam etc. reference]
Hopefully the fact that I want to kill with Crypt Rats is a clue.

J

Jigglypuff

The combo could work but you need a way to get red mana. The Mana Echoes can only produce colorless mana. How about:

Dragon Roost-Intruder Alarm-Mana Echoes-Birds of Paradise.

What a crappy combo. It could be good for a laugh or two, though.

(- Steve -)

T

train

Well, let me see if I can work it correctly...

Dragon Roost - Krosan Restorer - Aggravated Assault - a bunch of elves or restorers....

With Threshold...
Tap lands for the red... tap the restorer to untap the lands, tap the lands again... tap another restorer....

basically each restorer gives you 6 red mana, which is enough to untap them and start over gaining 1 mana each time... any extra elves or restorers are just bonus...

If your opponent is playing blue and holding counters... their screwed... they would have to have bounce....

Basically you say, "Watch this... (1 hour later, if they haven't conceded) Who's yo' Daddy!!!:eek: :D :cool: ;)

You all never knew I had the mad design skills of infinity did you... throw a goblin sharpshooter in for the fun of it!!!! Dam_ that's good!!!:eek:

T

train

Sorry - TICM - I had just seen Puff's post... You can do this with the Crypt Rats also... it just happens faster since you're not paying to make dragons...:eek:

J

Jigglypuff

I think my combo is more fun. So nyah to you!:p :p

(- Steve -)