Inter-forum Tournament!

L

Lotus Mox

Theoretically you have no limit in deck size with Apprentice.
But unfortunately Apprentice crashes on connecting when one of the 2 players plays with a big deck. (approx. >200 cards, that means no 5 and no BoW-decks)

Oh, and I'm able to go to the tourney. :)

F

fuzzy510

I seriously think that we'll get pounded here, as well as Beyond Dominaria and MTGnews.com. The WotC boards have the largest reader base, and I just don't think we stand a chance.

Of course, our chances are better with me not playing. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That makes no sense. What does reader pool have to do with playing ability? If anything, they're more diluted in having to choose champions...

Melkor

It makes plenty of sense. Think about it, if I take two random pools of magic players with one consisting of a 1000 players and the other consisting of 100, my odds of getting a great Magic player are better the more people I have. We aren't taking an average of the skill of the people on the board, (hypothetically) the best 9 players out of a 1000 people should be better than the best 9 players out of a 100 people, you just have a better selection. All though in the case of this tournament I have no idea how any board will actually choose their champions so it throws a lot of math out of the window.

D

Dark_Tira

Well, I'll volunteer for T2. I don't have much tournament experience, but I'd do my best.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Melkor: What you and fuzzy would make sense if they had a series of inner-forum duels to see who was the best before sending them out, but if they're choosing like us, where just any 'ol person volunteers, then the odds are more evened; it's all luck. And depending on the number of players who volunteer... it seems we won't have a problem overfilling the slots; they might not either or might and THEN might hold some contest thingie or whatever.

Like you say, it all depends how they're choosing their people.

F

fuzzy510

I just looked at "Champions" and assumed that we were taking the best from each forum. But if that's not the case.....

If the WotC boards are just taking random people, we might have an even better chance, because there are probably just a bunch of schmoes that hang out there, with little to no skill.

So, I take back what I said earlier. I just didn't understand.

C

CAMDEX

I wanna be an alternate for T2. FINALLY, MY ROGUE MACHINEHEAD DECK SHALL SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY! WHO WOULD DARE FACE ME?!

But...

I gotta get mIRC first. btw, if I download mIRC, do i have to pay the registration fee? Or can I keep it for a while, to try it out?

I

Istanbul

Poo. I have something that can take down most of the decks I'm likely to see out there, but I *loathe* IRC.

R

rkoelsch

some irc's are shareware they want the user to send in money to stop the you must register message from coming up. just ignore it like I do. I don't spend enough time on to bother with it. If you don't have enough players I can probably play. I have apprentice and decks in each format though I usually concentrate on standard.

Z

Zadok001

Dark Tira has my vote. I know him IRL, and he beats me soundly on a regular basis. :)

S

Serrated Minion

I am Serrated Minion (As you may have guessed :D ) From the MTGNews boards. To clerify a bit, You need 4, I repeat, 4 Reps. for each division.

ALSO I need someone to tell me who is representing your fourms. You can E Mail me at RDR316@aol.com I NEED TO KNOW BY THE FRIDAY BEFORE THE TOURNEY!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm still not even clear who is actually participating from the CPA. Looking back over this thread, it looks like three people dropped out (Zadok, Ransac, and Isty(?)) So I have no idea who is still available to participate and for what format.

I will volunteer to be the "contact" guy if no one else wants to though.

Z

Zadok001

We may have trouble fielding a team with our relatively small-but-elite member base. :) Would you believe we're just too good for you, Minion?

S

Serrated Minion

Originally posted by Spiderman
Or too apathetic and lazy... :p
You can be the rep to tell me who is participtating. Tell me on by the 13th

C

CAMDEX

I Can PROBABLY go for extended, although I would rather have Standard. I can just build a classic Fires deck or something, I don't know...