Innistrad Intro Packs: Spidey (Repel the Dark) vs Mooseman (Deathly Dominion)#2

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Mooseman, May 31, 2012.

1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Not sure if it matters, but you didn't say what mana used for the lifegain... I'll assume it's a Forest.

I think saccing is considered dying, since it goes to the graveyard...

Attack with the equipped Pilgrim
    Responses/blocks?
    Spidey: 17
    Hand: 1
    Library: 21
    Battlefield:

(T,U,U,U) Forest x4
    (T,T,T,U,U) Plains x5

(U) Butcher's Cleaver (Equipped creature gets +3/+0.; As long as equipped creature is a Human, it has lifelink.; Equip 3)

(T) Avacyn's Pilgrim (4/1; Lifelink from Cleaver; T: Add W to my mana pool) *Equipped w/Cleaver*
    (U) Avacyn's Pilgrim (1/1; T: Add W to my mana pool)
    (T) Elder of Laurels (2/3; 3G: Target creature gets +X/+X ueot, where X is the # of creatures I control) *Equipped w/Torch?*
    (U) Selfless Cathar (1/1; 1W, Sac ~: Creatures I control get +1/+1 ueot)

Graveyard: Avacynian Priest, Bonds of Faith, Titanic Growth, Blazing Torch
    Exile:

==================================================================

Mooseman: 18
    Hand: 2
    Battlefield:

(UT) Swamp x2
    (UTTTT) Forest x5

(T) Warpath Ghoul (Zombie, 3/2 )
    (U) Disciple of Griselbrand (Human Cleric, 1/1, {1}, Sacrifice a creature: You gain life equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness)
    (S) Woodland Sleuth (Human Scout, 2/3, Morbid — When Woodland Sleuth enters the battlefield, if a creature died this turn, return a creature card at random from your graveyard to your hand.)

Graveyard: Dead Weight, Reassembling Skeleton, Hollowhenge Scavenger, Warpath Ghoul, Somberwald Spider, Skirsdag High Priest
    Exile:
  2. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

You take 4 and I gain 4

Done

Spidey: 21
    Battlefield:

(T,U,U,U) Forest x4
    (T,T,T,U,U) Plains x5

(U) Butcher's Cleaver (Equipped creature gets +3/+0.; As long as equipped creature is a Human, it has lifelink.; Equip 3)

(T) Avacyn's Pilgrim (4/1; Lifelink from Cleaver; T: Add W to my mana pool) *Equipped w/Cleaver*
    (T) Elder of Laurels (2/3; 3G: Target creature gets +X/+X ueot, where X is the # of creatures I control) *Equipped w/Torch?*

Exile:

Mooseman: 14
    Battlefield:

(UT) Swamp x2
    (UTTTT) Forest x5

(T) Warpath Ghoul (Zombie, 3/2 )
    (U) Disciple of Griselbrand (Human Cleric, 1/1, {1}, Sacrifice a creature: You gain life equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness)
    (S) Woodland Sleuth (Human Scout, 2/3, Morbid — When Woodland Sleuth enters the battlefield, if a creature died this turn, return a creature card at random from your graveyard to your hand.)

Graveyard: Dead Weight, Reassembling Skeleton, Hollowhenge Scavenger, Warpath Ghoul, Somberwald Spider, Skirsdag High Priest
    Exile:
  4. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

UUD
    Rampant Growth for a swap
    Festerhide Boar

Done

Battlefield:

(T,U,U,U) Forest x4
    (T,T,T,U,U) Plains x5

Exile:

Library: 19
    Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x2
    (TTTTT) Forest x5

(U) Warpath Ghoul (Zombie, 3/2 )
    (U) Woodland Sleuth (Human Scout, 2/3, Morbid — When Woodland Sleuth enters the battlefield, if a creature died this turn, return a creature card at random from your graveyard to your hand.)
    (S) Festerhide Boar (Boar, 3/3, Trample Morbid — Festerhide Boar enters the battlefield with two +1/+1 counters on it if a creature died this turn.)

Exile:
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Sharpened Pitchfork
    Equip it to the Pilgrim who's already packin'
    Attack with him
    Responses/blocks?

Library: 20
    Battlefield:

(T,U,U,U) Forest x4
    (T,T,U,U,U) Plains x5

(U) Sharpened Pitchfork (Equipped creature has first strike.; As long as equipped creature is Human, it gets +1/+1.; Equip 1)

(T) Avacyn's Pilgrim (Human Monk; 5/2; Lifelink from Cleaver and First Strike from Pitchfork; T: Add W to my mana pool) *Equipped w/Cleaver and Pitchfork*
    (U) Elder of Laurels (2/3; 3G: Target creature gets +X/+X ueot, where X is the # of creatures I control)

Exile:

Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x2
    (TTTTT) Forest x5

(U) Woodland Sleuth (Human Scout, 2/3, Morbid — When Woodland Sleuth enters the battlefield, if a creature died this turn, return a creature card at random from your graveyard to your hand.)
    (S) Festerhide Boar (Boar, 3/3, Trample Morbid — Festerhide Boar enters the battlefield with two +1/+1 counters on it if a creature died this turn.)

Exile:
  6. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

You take 5 and I gain 5

Done
    Spidey: 26
    Battlefield:

(T,U,U,U) Forest x4
    (T,T,U,U,U) Plains x5

(U) Sharpened Pitchfork (Equipped creature has first strike.; As long as equipped creature is Human, it gets +1/+1.; Equip 1)

(T) Avacyn's Pilgrim (Human Monk; 5/2; Lifelink from Cleaver and First Strike from Pitchfork; T: Add W to my mana pool) *Equipped w/Cleaver and Pitchfork*
    (U) Elder of Laurels (2/3; 3G: Target creature gets +X/+X ueot, where X is the # of creatures I control)

Exile:

Mooseman: 9
    Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x2
    (TTTTT) Forest x5

Exile:
  8. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

UUD
    Festerhide Boar
    Done
    Battlefield:

(T,U,U,U) Forest x4
    (T,T,U,U,U) Plains x5

Exile:

Library: 18
    Battlefield:

(UUT) Swamp x2
    (UUTTT) Forest x5

(U) Festerhide Boar (Boar, 3/3, Trample Morbid — Festerhide Boar enters the battlefield with two +1/+1 counters on it if a creature died this turn.)

Exile:
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Overrun
    Responses?

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Forest x4
    (T,T,U,U,U) Plains x5

(U) Avacyn's Pilgrim (Human Monk; 8/5 and Trample from Overrun; Lifelink from Cleaver and First Strike from Pitchfork; T: Add W to my mana pool) *Equipped w/Cleaver and Pitchfork*
    (U) Avacyn's Pilgrim (4/4 and Trample from Overrun; T: Add W to my mana pool)
    (U) Elder of Laurels (5/6 and Trample from Overrun; 3G: Target creature gets +X/+X ueot, where X is the # of creatures I control)
    (U) Selfless Cathar (4/4 and Trample from Overrun; 1W, Sac ~: Creatures I control get +1/+1 ueot)

Graveyard: Avacynian Priest, Bonds of Faith, Titanic Growth, Blazing Torch, Overrun
    Exile:

Library: 18
    Battlefield:

(UUT) Swamp x2
    (UUTTT) Forest x5

(U) Festerhide Boar (Boar, 3/3, Trample Morbid — Festerhide Boar enters the battlefield with two +1/+1 counters on it if a creature died this turn.)

Exile:
  10. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Well with 21 coming at me and only 12 on my end, plus the Elders ability..... I think you got this one.
    Good game, I was scrambling the entire time...... Couldn't really get the Morbid going
    What next?
  11. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Good game! I wasn't sure in the beginning when you did have the Morbid going, but thank goodness for equipment :)

Well, there's still two more Innistrad Intro packs we (or I) haven't tried... do you want to continue or are you bored of this expansion and want to do another one? I don't care, it's up to you.
  12. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Lets do the other two against each other.... which ones are they?
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Well, I haven't played Deathly Dominion and Carnival of Blood, while you haven't played Eldritch Onslaught and Carnival of Blood.

So unless you want a mirror match again of Carnival vs Carnival, it'd be:

Me vs You
    Deathly Dominon vs Carnival or
    Carnival vs Eldritch Onslaught
  14. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Let's do
    Carnival vs Eldritch Onslaught
    But I am going to Canada for a few days, so don't hurry
  15. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Okay, I'll start the thread so I won't forget, but if it's for the weekend, no problem :) Have fun!