Skirsdag High Priest
Done

Spidey: 16
Hand: 1
Library: 23
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Forest x4
(T,T,T,T,U) Plains x5

(T) Avacyn's Pilgrim (1/1; T: Add W to my mana pool)
(U) Avacyn's Pilgrim (1/1; T: Add W to my mana pool)
(U) Elder of Laurels (2/3; 3G: Target creature gets +X/+X ueot, where X is the # of creatures I control)
(U) Selfless Cathar (1/1; 1W, Sac ~: Creatures I control get +1/+1 ueot)

Graveyard: Avacynian Priest, Bonds of Faith, Titanic Growth
Exile:

==================================================================

Mooseman: 21
Hand: 3
Library: 22
Battlefield:

(TT) Swamp x2
(UUUUT) Forest x5

(T) Warpath Ghoul (Zombie, 3/2 )
(U) Disciple of Griselbrand (Human Cleric, 1/1, {1}, Sacrifice a creature: You gain life equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness)
(S) Skirsdag High Priest (Human Cleric, 1/2, Morbid — {T}, Tap two untapped creatures you control: Put a 5/5 black Demon creature token with flying onto the battlefield. Activate this ability only if a creature died this turn.)

Graveyard: Dead Weight, Reassembling Skeleton, Hollowhenge Scavenger, Warpath Ghoul, Somberwald Spider
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Geez... I need some big guys.

Untap, upkeep, draw

Butcher's Cleaver
Equip a Pilgrim
Attack with that Pilgrim
Responses/blocks/take it?
Spidey: 16
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Forest x4
(T,T,T,U,U) Plains x5

(U) Butcher's Cleaver (Equipped creature gets +3/+0.; As long as equipped creature is a Human, it has lifelink.; Equip 3)

(T) Avacyn's Pilgrim (4/1; Lifelink from Cleaver; T: Add W to my mana pool) *Equipped w/Cleaver*
(U) Elder of Laurels (2/3; 3G: Target creature gets +X/+X ueot, where X is the # of creatures I control)

Exile:

Mooseman: 21
Battlefield:

(TT) Swamp x2
(UUUUT) Forest x5

(U) Disciple of Griselbrand (Human Cleric, 1/1, {1}, Sacrifice a creature: You gain life equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness)
(S) Skirsdag High Priest (Human Cleric, 1/2, Morbid — {T}, Tap two untapped creatures you control: Put a 5/5 black Demon creature token with flying onto the battlefield. Activate this ability only if a creature died this turn.)

Graveyard: Dead Weight, Reassembling Skeleton, Hollowhenge Scavenger, Warpath Ghoul, Somberwald Spider
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You take 4 and I gain 4

Done

Spidey: 20
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Forest x4
(T,T,T,U,U) Plains x5

(U) Butcher's Cleaver (Equipped creature gets +3/+0.; As long as equipped creature is a Human, it has lifelink.; Equip 3)

(T) Avacyn's Pilgrim (4/1; Lifelink from Cleaver; T: Add W to my mana pool) *Equipped w/Cleaver*

Exile:

Mooseman: 17
Battlefield:

(TT) Swamp x2
(UUUUT) Forest x5

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well that's not good
UUD
Attack with Ghoul
Block?

Spidey: 20
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Forest x4
(T,T,T,U,U) Plains x5

Exile:

Library: 21
Battlefield:

(UU) Swamp x2
(UUUUU) Forest x5

(U) Skirsdag High Priest (Human Cleric, 1/2, Morbid — {T}, Tap two untapped creatures you control: Put a 5/5 black Demon creature token with flying onto the battlefield. Activate this ability only if a creature died this turn.)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Take 3
Woodland Sleuth
Done

Spidey: 17
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Forest x4
(T,T,T,U,U) Plains x5

Exile:

Hand: 2
Battlefield:

(UT) Swamp x2
(UUTTT) Forest x5

(U) Skirsdag High Priest (Human Cleric, 1/2, Morbid — {T}, Tap two untapped creatures you control: Put a 5/5 black Demon creature token with flying onto the battlefield. Activate this ability only if a creature died this turn.)
(S) Woodland Sleuth (Human Scout, 2/3, Morbid — When Woodland Sleuth enters the battlefield, if a creature died this turn, return a creature card at random from your graveyard to your hand.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Blazing Torch
Responses?

Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Forest x4
(T,U,U,U,U) Plains x5

(U) Blazing Torch (Equipped creature can't be blocked by Vampires or Zombies.; Equipped creature has "T, Sac ~: ~ deals 2 dmg to target creature or player".; Equip 1)

(U) Avacyn's Pilgrim (4/1; Lifelink from Cleaver; T: Add W to my mana pool) *Equipped w/Cleaver*

Exile:

Battlefield:

(UT) Swamp x2
(UUTTT) Forest x5

(S) Woodland Sleuth (Human Scout, 2/3, Morbid — When Woodland Sleuth enters the battlefield, if a creature died this turn, return a creature card at random from your graveyard to your hand.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Equip it to the Elder
Responses?
Battlefield:

(T,U,U,U) Forest x4
(T,T,T,U,U) Plains x5

(U) Blazing Torch (Equipped creature can't be blocked by Vampires or Zombies.; Equipped creature has "T, Sac ~: ~ deals 2 dmg to target creature or player".; Equip 1)

(U) Avacyn's Pilgrim (4/1; Lifelink from Cleaver; T: Add W to my mana pool) *Equipped w/Cleaver*
(U) Elder of Laurels (2/3; 3G: Target creature gets +X/+X ueot, where X is the # of creatures I control) *Equipped w/Torch?*

Exile:

Battlefield:

(UT) Swamp x2
(UUTTT) Forest x5

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
LOL... Tap the Elder and Sac the Torch to deal 2 dmg to your High Priest
Responses?

Battlefield:

(T,U,U,U) Forest x4
(T,T,T,U,U) Plains x5

(T) Elder of Laurels (2/3; 3G: Target creature gets +X/+X ueot, where X is the # of creatures I control) *Equipped w/Torch?*

Graveyard: Avacynian Priest, Bonds of Faith, Titanic Growth, Blazing Torch
Exile:

Battlefield:

(UT) Swamp x2
(UUTTT) Forest x5

(U) Skirsdag High Priest (Human Cleric, 1/2, Morbid — {T}, Tap two untapped creatures you control: Put a 5/5 black Demon creature token with flying onto the battlefield. Activate this ability only if a creature died this turn.) *Dead?*

Exile:

R

rokapoke

Yes, and you just sacrificed a creature as part of a cost -- so it's dead and the target is still on the stack.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No, I didn't... I just tapped the Elder and sacced the Torch. I don't have to sac the equipped creature.

R

rokapoke

Ah, then perhaps both Mooseman and I misread the Torch the same way...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, I see how the "T, Sac ~" part can be confusing and think to mean the equipped creature... but I guess I always think of "~" as always referring to the the card name...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Yep I read it incorrectly too.
So I sac the Priest for 1 life

BTW - I am trying to remember if sacrifice is still a creature dying..... I think so.... damn, have to judge more...