Infinite Combos!

W

WickedBoy6

Well, finding something interesting, I decided to see if anyone can out-infinite-combo me. I used to be the man at infinite-combos. I knew 'em all, but alas, too many video games has corrupted my mind & I forgot most of them. I'll remember them in time, but for now, let's see what some fellow CPAers can come up with. I'll start with one:

Mirari/Cabal Ritual (Threshold activated)/Drain Life

J

Jigglypuff

Though I don't quite understand how Wicked's combo goes infinite, here's a couple others:

- Sacred Mesa/Earthcraft/Wild Growth enchanting Plains
- Goblin Warrens/Earthcraft
- Overgrowth and 2 Wild Growths enchanting an Island/Shrieking Drake/Lapis Lazuli Talisman/Rocket Launcher

(- Steve -)

K

Killerbob

Going infinite is so easy with the right cards.

I´m sure you dont know these 3 (unless you have a real good memory -I think I have posted 2 of them both before), using cards which doesnt use to make infinite anything:

unnatural selection+animate land +griffin canyon

maze of ith+argothian elder+forest+some kill

opalescence+parallax wave+soul warden + 1 more creature/worldly enchantment

I still need a way to make infinite green mana with my thallid/fungus deck (=no other creatures than fungus/thallids/walls). Any suggestions?

T

train

krosan restorer(threshold), dragon roost, aggravated assault...

Then you can altar of dementia, goblin bombardment... just about anything you want...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
WickedBoy, your combo does not work. IN order for you to activate the Mirari you have to pay three mana, right? And, you only can put the copy on the stack when you PLAY that spell.

You won't get the mana form the Ritual until after it has resolved. The time to pay has long since passed.

Ransac, cpa trash man

J

Jigglypuff

Originally posted by Ransac
WickedBoy, your combo does not work. IN order for you to activate the Mirari you have to pay three mana, right? And, you only can put the copy on the stack when you PLAY that spell.

You won't get the mana form the Ritual until after it has resolved. The time to pay has long since passed.

Ransac, cpa trash man
Not only that, but you can only activate Mirari once per spell and Mirari won't trigger off of the copy that was put on the stack.

(- Steve -)

T

train

for wicked boy...

Krosan restorer, aggravated assault, and drain life...

have a city of soliude in play and they can't counter...

They won't get you on the rules with that one wicked...

W

WickedBoy6

Well, someone told me that infinite combo. I'm still a little woozy when it comes to timing rules, so I wasn't sure if that combo could've worked. Here's an infinite loop, though.

Ashnod's Altar/Vampire Bats/Enduring Renewal/Inititates of the Ebon Hand = Infinite Black Mana for a Drain Life

K

Killerbob

all this krosan restorer talk.
Even if you have threshold, he only untaps 3 lands, and aggravated assault costs 5 to use. You need to have these lands produce more mana.

and please...no more enduring renewal comboes or intruder alarm comboes. I guess we all know what they do. :yawn:

W

WickedBoy6

Hey, this is MY thread, I'll use whatever cards I want! HAHAHA! Umm...okay, got caried away...

But as it goes with the Renewal, at least I didn't say:

Shield Sphere/Goblin Bombardment/Enduring Renewal

Ah, the cornerstone of Fruity Pebbles.

I also used to know an infinite-milling deck using Jester's Cap, but I forgot how to do it...I'll look into it...

K

Killerbob

hmm..interesting one -and difficult too. Maybe
Anything which produce infinite mana + Karn + jesters cap + ENDURING RENEWAL :D

Thats a lot of cards :(

E

Emperor of the Dead

Here's a nice little trick. Of course this is casual play only and for muti player I would play enchantment protection. I like playing with cards that no one else does for fun.

Nefarious lich
Zombie infestation
Confessor

mill your library for a bunch of 2/2 and hopeflly win.

T

train

Even if you have threshold, he only untaps 3 lands, and aggravated assault costs 5 to use. You need to have these lands produce more mana.
The deal is that you still gain a mana either way...

but with the way restorer works... why not use Urza's lands tap for 7 untap, tap for 7 again... you net that 14, not including the other lands/multiple restorers you may have...

Mirari's wake, high tide, everything makes this cheaper... or more efficient...

K

Killerbob

:confused:

I still dont understand that restorer thing.
Tap 3 lands to gain 3 mana, tap restorer, and tap the lands again. You now have 6 mana. Use 5 for assault. 1 in pool. But now your lands are tapped. Tap restorer to untap 3 lands. Tap 3 lands for 3 mana. 4 in pool. Both restorer and lands are tapped, and you havent mana enough to use assault.
The 3 lands have to produce 5 mana to get the machine going, and 6 to make the machine do anything. And 2 of them have to be red. No urza lands here.

btw -nice combo emperor.

T

train

you do get stalled if that's all you have... but in order ot have threshold you have to have 7 in the graveyard...

This usually means you have quite a bit more in play... usually another restorer... sometimes the mirari's wake is in play... you could even run fastbond and storm cauldron... then your really cooking... of course you want to make sure you don't kill yourself...

So many other things come into play...

But to have threshold - you're probably going to have quite a bit more out on the board... if you run elves with this... you don't even need to bother with the lands...

Combo forthcoming....

elves - mana-producing of course, priest of titania(multiples even), aggravated assault, any x spell you wish to use for win condition... throw in a restorer if you like...
No intruder alarm there...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Farrellite Priest + Celestial Dawn + Doomsday + Mana Echoes + a bunch of goblins + Skirk Drill Sergeant + Soldevi Digger + Æther Flash

There is that new Priest of Titania in legions... I don't know if 3G for 2/2 is good enough though...

S

Sammy Dead-O

Squirrel Mob + Druid's Call + Pandemonium ( + dealing one damage to the Mob)

N

Nightstalkers

Priest of Titania + Butload of Elves + Thopter Squadron + Intruder Alarm + Fireball

Donate + Illusions of Grandeur + Capsize

We thinketh that bogus material...

I

Istanbul

There's my personal favorites:

Vernal Bloom + Zuran Orb + Groundskeeper + Fastbond = Infinite Life
2x Vernal Bloom + Zuran Orb + Groundskeeper + Fastbond= Infinite green mana
2x Vernal Bloom + Zuran Orb + Groundskeeper + Fastbond + Hurricane = Infinite damage

And it's all mono-green.

Life + Aggravated Assault = Infinite mana

J

Jigglypuff

I was saving this one for awhile.

Phyrexian Altar+Ornithopter+Inheritance+Soldevi Digger+Grinning Totem = Playing every non-land card in your opponent's deck.

(- Steve -)