In for the long haul or not.

Killer Joe

Gawd, this thread is a DECADE old!!!! Hey moosie, Ya can't kill a guy if ya ain't playin' the game, BROTHER!!!!
;)
Yup, I'm still around, just lots of "other" stuff going on, too!

N

Nightstalkers

Stopped playin' a while ago. Cardboard crack dealers around here have dried up. And quite frankly.... The update that nixed a few of the old conventions has just turned me off the game.

Killer Joe

No, he may talking about how pre-releases of the old days where hundreds and hundreds of players would show up now are small 50 player events because stores now host pre-releses.

N

Nightstalkers

Nah man, I'm talkin' about the new wording, lack of reminder text, and now you can't mana burn yourself.

T

Terentius

I don't know about a dream, but it would be cool if the game were popular enough that you could be out in various places throughout the world, and just ask strangers if they wanted to play cards like in Final Fantasy 8. And then you just sit down and play, like an accepted social activity, the innate nerdom not withstanding. Dunno how you'd carry your cards with you though... Kinda sucks if they're packing Black Lotus and you have bouncelands too...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No reason why you can't. However, it's akin to just carrying around a normal deck of cards and asking strangers to play Poker or Rummy or something; it's just cards in general, not just Magic.

Killer Joe

My golden era of magic playing is getting more distant as the months roll on.....I have been bitten by the board game bug BIG TIME!
My last time playing was a three game losing streak at a friends house several months ago, ......it just doesn't do it for me anymore.
Maybe I'll catch the Magic bug again but for now, see ya cardboard crack!

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Almost any and all board games.
Don't worry, he wheedled my into playing more, now I will get him to play more.
But I also like the board games to.
Love Letter is fun as is Settlers of Catan and King of Tokyo is great.

Killer Joe

@Moosie: probably, I can't give it up completely.
My current favorites are:
Talisman (My wife got me Revised 4th Edition for Valentine's Day)
Lords of Waterdeep
Splendor
Love Letter
Dixit
Kingdom Building
Pandemic
The Resistance
Agricola
and many more...................