In case you haven't heard (Concerning accusations about me)

N

Notepad

The readers at PlayorDraw.com seem to think this is some sort of news. My latest article had a surprising response, as some jerk decided to flame me on the grounds that I'm suspended from the DCI. And, he also threw in some lovely story about me being a racist.

In case you haven't heard:

Yes, I am currently suspended from the DCI for "False Tournament Reports"

No, I did not make racist gestures at a Jewish family.

In case either of these accusations makes you uncomfortable, I completely understand and in a lot of ways agree with you. I wouldn't want to read articles by a cheating racist, either.

The fact of the matter is, I'm only a cheater. And a recovering one at that. If you don't want to read my stuff because of that: Good. Keep to your morals. If you can read my stuff with understanding that I'm somebody trying to help out the card community because of my cheating: Good. Keep to your morals. However, don't disregard my stuff just because some jerk said I was a racist when I am not.

R

Reverend Love

..I think he might have confused racist for fascist...which you definitely are a card carrying member of :p j/k

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You probably should send in that article you sent to us here way back when you first started submitting articles about your history and stuff...

N

Nightstalkers

Meh, your a great guy and all, but I don't know about that judge thing. The racism thing is most always bogus if you look at all the flawed attempts at claiming that without proper evidence, and your a nice guy anyways.

But the tournament reports... eh... Your a great guy :cool:

*Psst* I go to one of your tourneys after this, howabout you send some love over this way and give them the report that says I just won 10 out of 3 matches and mark it in bright orange marker so it stands out against the rest of it? XD

M

Mr_Pestilence

I got no problem who anybody admits they did something wrong in the past, as long as they also say they are trying to mend their ways. Everybody deserves a second chance, or maybe even a third. I worked in a prison for a while, and I was appalled at the waste of young people put away for most of their lives for seemingly minor, nonviolent offenses.

Here's a couple of quotes that kind of sum it up for me:

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone", somebody in the Bible.

"I don't hold prison against ya, but I hate a liar", John Wayne, The Cowboys.

N

Notepad

Originally posted by Spiderman
You probably should send in that article you sent to us here way back when you first started submitting articles about your history and stuff...

A good suggestion. After talking it over with the editor of PlayorDraw, that is pretty much what's gonna be done. ;)

With my next article there'll be a note that says "In case you didn't know, this author is on suspension for five years...etc" and it will have a link to that "The Road to Hell" article as well as the Star City "A Banned Cheater..." one.

To DeathMaster666~There are many ways of turning in false tourney reports. A lot of the common ones I wrote about in the Star City article mentioned above. My own method was listing fake players in order to make it look like my tourneys had more players than they really did.

B

BigBlue

I can tell you that I know you are not the only one to have done that. Back when it was a requirement to have 8 players to be "official" I can recall several times when the judge would add the 8th player (completely fictional player) to keep from canceling the event. And for those who recall I used to judge, I was not the judge in those cases - though I might have been tempted.

Now that events have different "K" ratings based on participation - it is likely even more rampant when you get close to one of those thresholds.

Is that immoral? I don't know about that. It is cheating and is certainly unethical, but it isn't like you knowingly allowed players exchange cards in limited events. All players in your tournament benefitted (other than the fictitious ones). Other players in other locales who weren't the benefactor of a "win" or getting a higher K value were harmed...

Well, isn't it at least a year or two into your sentence?

T

train

False tourney reports - I laugh in their general direction...

Why?!...

A false tourney report is anything reported on the tourney report that is incorrect...

"Even name mis-spellings..."

I wouldn't, and haven't added fictional players... but as Blue said it didn't hurt anyone...

though I can say it may hae helped some ratings of players... and that shouldnt' happen.

Overall...
It's :cool:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
But wasn't SeFRo using people who actually existed, just not active, as opposed to making someone totally up? In which case it's almost like identity theft...

T

train

I haven't read his article - but he said he was listing fake players...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but I slightly remember him in his article saying he used players that existed but weren't active. So "fake" in this context (to reconcile it with my rememberance) means players who just weren't present at the tourney.

But I'm probably wrong and misremembering again... :p

I

Istanbul

It's true. SeFRo is a bad man.

That's why we get along so well. Except he's more the 'falsify tournament reports' bad, and I'm more the 'eat your parents and make you watch' bad.

N

Notepad

Originally posted by Spiderman:
But I'm probably wrong and misremembering again... :p
My mentor, who taught me how to use placeholders, used players who used to play but no longer did and gave him permission. Myself, I used not only existing players, but mostly used player's relatives who didn't play in tourneys. As I recall, neither myself nor my mentor used "made-up" people.

Istanbul sed:
That's why we get along so well. Except he's more the 'falsify tournament reports' bad, and I'm more the 'eat your parents and make you watch' bad.
Yeah, that and I'm also 'eat your parents and...' oh, wait, you took that one already. Then I guess that makes I'll take a heaping dose of 'I lost my puppy! Say, could I take yours and train it to bite your arms off?' bad. Yeah. Scumbags we is, me and my homie Istanbul.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Istanbul
It's true. SeFRo is a bad man.

You wouldn't share any of the meat with me?

Wow, that is sick... :(

I

Istanbul

If you think that's sick and twisted, someday I should guide you to the Revenge thread...

R

Rooser

It's okay, my faux arch-nemesis, I judge you on your grammar and poise, as well as the things you say and your general attitude.;)

N

Notepad

I think that is how Istanbul was trying to communicate he was bad: By not sharing any of the "bloody buffalo wings" with you. That is pretty dang evil.