Impeach NOW!

D

Donkey Rhubarb

When the President of the United States promises under oath to defend and uphold the constitution, he better mean it or catch a bus out of town after his impeachment trial. This is one simple premise our country was founded on. Another set of simple premises are the Bill of Rights.

The Bush Administration and Attorney General John Ashcroft have treated the Bill of Rights with contempt and have sought to roll-back the very civil rights our fathers and our father's fathers fought and died for. When people talk about fighting for the flag, this is exactly what they mean-- fighting for our liberty. This President has claimed for himself the authority to jail citizens and residents of the United States indefinitely, and execute them in secret, without any charge against them, without trial and without access to a lawyer. This is an insult to the very fabric of our Republic, and a slap in the face of our founding fathers, who sought freedom from this very same opression and tyranny.

This is not a left-wing right-wing issue. If we do not defend and uphold the rights enshrined in the US constitution, we have lost all identity as Americans, regardless of party affiliation. As an old freind of mine one told me, the Constitution is a contract with the ideals enshrined within it. If the President gets to decide whether or not these rights apply to you, the document is meaningless and dead. Isn't his job to defend and uphold the constitution? How then is he getting away with this?

This administration's actions, the USA Patriot act, the pending Patriot act II, the pending Victory acts I & II, make the threat very real that fascism can and will happen here. These four acts combined completely obliterate the bill of rights. All the while Bush talks about how our freedoms were attacked, and how we 'must defend our freedoms.' What Bush means when he talks about defending our freedoms, is defending our saftey. Benjamin Franklin said that,

"Those who would give up liberty for temporary saftey deserve neither liberty nor saftey."

That's a more eloquent way of saying,
"Give me liberty or give me death." As we've seen from the secret excecutions in Abu Gharib and Guantanomo Bay, this is hauntingly true-- without liberty you can almost be guaranteed a painful death. Or torture, or the torture of your loved ones. Should the Patriot II and Victory acts I & II pass, we can say hello to military occupation by our own armed forces, and Guantaomo and Abu Gharib will be the norm here on our own soil.

It is so important to understand that governments, all throughout history, have used crises to seize power and enslave populations. Convincing the populace to say, "oh please, herd us into the camps, please take away all our rights so that you can protect us." It happened in Rome, it happened in Nazi Germany, and it's happening here. It's not going to be all at once. It's being brought on a little at a time, like a frog in a pot. It happened after the first attack on the WTC in 93, it happend in 95 with the attack on Oklahoma City, and it's happened again after the WTC attack in 2001. And as I've said, they are far from through.

I call on every citizen to wake up and call for their town hall or city council to tell Washington that we still have a Bill of Rights, and that America is still America. I call on every citizen to call for a derecognization of the USAPATRIOT act. I call on every citizen to call for a recodification of the posse comitatus act, which bars the military from enforcing law, which separates the police from the military.

The would-be Tyrants have declared a war on the very heart and soul of America, and we must not let them win. If the President refuses to defend our God-given rights, we must defend them ourselves! I call for impeachement!

I encourage all on the BB also to write a letter to editors of various publications and news media outlets:
http://capwiz.com/votetoimpeach/dbq/media/

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't the Supreme Court just either severely weaken if not roll-back the Patriot Act, calling it unconstitutional?

R

Reverend Love

A lot of it has already expired......there's a term for it..forgot it though.

....sunsets I think it is...

D

Donkey Rhubarb

The sunset clauses don't come into play untill 2005.

And there aren't sunset clauses for the most intrusive and constitutionally corrupt sections.

And no, the supreme court hasn't touched the Patriot act yet. however, many local ordinances have been passed declaring the USAPATRIOT act unconstitutional, saying that localy they won't recognize it.

And yes, there is more legislation pending that will do worse. PATRIOT II, Victory acts I & II... Say hello to military police state. When the US military enforces law domestically, that's fascism by definition. The Victory acts and Partiot II act will bring this about. Also keep an eye out for anybody trying to repeal the Posse Comitatus act, which makes it illegal for the federal army to enforce law domestically.

We're in a war for our liberty, and they're getting ready to fire more torpedos.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Looking back at my "archived" newspapers, it looks like the Supreme Court said that holding people indefinitely is "wrong" (to simply paraphrase). I thought that was part of the Patriot Act so I guess I thought it meant the whole thing.

D

Donkey Rhubarb

the Supreme Court said that holding people indefinitely is "wrong" (to simply paraphrase). I thought that was part of the Patriot Act so I guess I thought it meant the whole thing.
That was just one tiny peice.

T

train

donkey...

I take it you don't like bush?...

no impeachment needed - no crime committed...:)

D

Donkey Rhubarb

no impeachment needed - no crime committed...

ARE YOU INSANE?!

Have you been living under a freakin' ROCK for the past four years?

Did you even read what I posted?

If violating the bill of rights and constitution that he was sworn to uphold, ignoring warnings about 9-11, trading with the Bin Ladens, evading taxes, deterring even an investigation into 9-11 for a full two years, etc, aren't high crimes, misdemeanors and treason, I don't know what is.

If leading us into war unconstitutionally for the profits of the military industrial complex* (which Eisenhower WARNED US ABOUT) isn't treason, I don't know what is.

The fact that people like you exist really scares me for the sake of our Republic. It's like living in Nazi Germany just before the fire on the Riechstag.

We'd like to think that America will be free and open forever and ever, and that the Nation will never fall, and that our soverignty is invincible, but that's simply not the case. Tyrrany CAN happen hear, and we're living on the brink of national disaster at the hands of greed and corruption. Bush was right in the speech he gave on September 11th. "Evil has found it's servant:" The globalist elites.

* The military industrial complex is a term coined by Former President General Eisenhower. He spoke of the dangers, in his final address, of a situation in which private corporations were used in warfare, and profits were derived from the act of war. He warned us that should such a situation exist, we would see never ending wars. When war is equated with growth and profits for any company, they will lobby the government, they will get members of their ranks into the government, and they will start wars so that they can profit. That is the nature of the beasts that are corporations. We allready know that Dick Cheney ran Halliburton, which has gotten countless no-bid contracts from the Administration he's a member of. And he's still recieving a paycheck from Halliburton. The greatest part, is that Halliburton is subcontracting the work that they are doing, taking profit margins of nearly 50%. This is ludicrous, wrong, corrupt underhanded, and indefesable.

E

EricBess

I do find it ironic that the same people who would accuse Bush of "...ignoring warnings about 9/11..." are likely the same people who would also condemn him for "...attacking Iraq over unconfirmed reports of weapons of mass destruction..."

Seems like the only way to win in the White House might be to become cozy with the interns...

D

Donkey Rhubarb

I do find it ironic that the same people who would accuse Bush of "...ignoring warnings about 9/11..." are likely the same people who would also condemn him for "...attacking Iraq over unconfirmed reports of weapons of mass destruction..."
I don't care two turds about the unconfirmed reports of weapons of mass destruction. We shouldn't have gone in because it wasn't the right thing to do.

Security should have been stepped up on 9-11, they knew about it before hand. They didn't just ignore reports, they let it happen, plain and simple.

This war in Iraq was unjustified, no two ways about it. North Korea has nukes and they have just as much to do with 9/11 as Iraq-- NOTHING. Except North Korea doesn't have any oil, or strategic military placement.

T

train

any comment on the reports Clinton had before Bush - but didn't act upon?...

I

Istanbul

From what I have read, Clinton and Bush share the blame for not recognizing the signs leading up to 9/11, though I would say that the latter has just as much blame as the former; Clinton had more time to see them, but Bush had more sheer evidence. I've also been led to understand that there was no one silver bullet, meaning no single piece of evidence that should have made either administration say, "Hey, they're going to attack us!". Rather, there was a dangerous trend forming, more of a pattern, that both administrations failed to recognize until it was too late.

As far as going into Iraq, we went in to find WMD's that aren't there...at least, that was our excuse. We actually went in (A) to help George W. get re-elected (America loves war), (B) in the name of revenge for the Bush family, and (C) so that we could take control of Iraq and have vastly improved access to its oil reserves by assisting in the implementation of a far more America-friendly government. It's pretty obvious once you think about it.

T

train

Sharing the blame I accept...

As for the WMD - parts of banned weapons have been found in the scrap metal heaps transported from Iraq into Iran, post-war... meaning that the weapons "parts" at least were in Iraq...

I

Ivotekerry

It is hard for me to understand Bush had been hearing for months that they were expecting a terrorist attack had time to protect and be prepared to stop the attack he does nothing. And even after the attack he is mad wants to attack Bin Laden then all of a sudden a buddy whispers in his ear I think that there is Weapons of Mass destruction in Iraq(just a hunch no evidence because if there was evidence we would have found it by now) Then a light bulb lights on the top of bushs head. They have got oil he tried to kill my daddy lets pay them back americans will believe me they are united after the attacks they are stuck up my butt. Now Suddam has been caught Bush's pocket book is growing of course mine is shrinking. Bin Laden is running around laughing and American soldiers are dying everyday for our country in the wrong country.

My Cousin is in the Army he just got home for a while he said that this war was stupid. He said people over don't care they will kill their family and themselves. That place will never change. I supported the war against terrorist in Aftganistan I was behind the President 100% but not Iraq.

I love my country I am patriotic. But if the only way to be patriotic is to want US solders to get killed in the wrong country while Bin Laden is running around I don't want any parts of it. If you were over there you would not be happy and neither would I.

I don't think Bush has been as truthfull to us like everybody else thinks. And I don't know much about Kerry but I do think it is time for a change.

Bush was a draft dodger but me don't mind sending poor people over seas to fight the wrong country.

By the way he sucks at keeping the economy right he says it is getting better were at that right overseas.

I love the USA and I am not a democrat or republican 4 years ago if I would have been home I would have voted for Bush because I thought that Gore would have been a sorry President. Two of a kind I guess.:D

God Bless and God Bless the USA and our Soldiers

D

DoubleT8600

Originally posted by Donkey Rhubarb
When the President of the United States promises under oath to defend and uphold the constitution, he better mean it or catch a bus out of town after his impeachment trial. This is one simple premise our country was founded on. Another set of simple premises are the Bill of Rights.
amen brutha.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I do not think the United States was founded on the principle that "When the President of the United States promises under oath to defend and uphold the constitution, he better mean it or catch a bus out of town after his impeachment trial."

C

Chaos Turtle

Originally posted by Oversoul
I do not think the United States was founded on the principle that "When the President of the United States promises under oath to defend and uphold the constitution, he better mean it or catch a bus out of town after his impeachment trial."
Amen brutha.

Did they even have buses back then?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, they might have had some form of public transportation, which would be essentially the same. But to the best of my knowledge, they didn't...

At least not in this country...

T

train

This country was founded on one thing...

Being sick and tired enough of following the rules that some ruler across the ocean tried to impose on us, that we decided to whoop his oink...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
If you are referring to George III, no one in the US ever actually whooped his oink, as far as I know...