I'm so happy!

M

mythosx

Well im a little late for this post. But i would like to say congrats and wish we could all be so lucky that our loved ones gives up magic cards. Now if only hot super models could mix well with magic cards...id be set.

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by train
Elvish Ranger(female version)...

Dude.... give us the card pic so we can blow it up and post it on our walls so that the staff around here can get an eyefull.

I know its a distraction, d*** it! But its also motivational :D

Nightstalker Habuki

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That would actually be amusing to see WOTC get "booth babes" for whatever -Con they're involved in. Not sure if that's a degradation or an improvement, but funny nonetheless...

M

mythosx

hahahahha funny... however although it will provide for hours of entertainment. (watching some guy trying to talk about infinite fireballs with a model whos never so much as looked at a card.) I think it might generate some negative effects.

One remote possibility is that it may scare away the more timid magic players.

A second more possible outcome is that magic players will get restraining orders from models.

Either of those two would hurt the biz.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Slightly unrelated since it isn't exactly Magic, but I just saw that commercial where the "geek" falls in love with a supermodel and vice versa and one gives the other (couldn't tell at that moment, my attention was diverted) a 3rd ed. D&D Players Handbook :)

T

train

The GE commercial...

It's cute... baby genius winking his eye and all...

I like the handbook part, and the part on the beach where she's in a swimsuit, and he's almost completely covered, sunglasses, and creme on the nose...:D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, I finally catalogued the box and here are the uncommons that I didn't get any of:

Barter In Blood
Duskworker
Granite Shard
Lightning Greaves
Looming Hoverguard
Loxodon Warhammer
Rustspore Ram
Scrabbling Claws
Synod Sanctum
Talisman of Dominance
Talisman of Unity
Tel-Jilad Stylus
Thirst for Knowledge

I know the set was more "spread out" to even it with the next two expansions, but you'd think I could get at least 1 of each uncommon... oh well.

I

Istanbul

1-800-WHO-CARES.

Seriously, it doesn't seem like they give a crap anymore.

T

train

Isty - Some woman named Bambi answered and asked for my credit card number when I dialed that... what gives?...:p

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I just didn't know if it was an aberration or something that ought to be looked into further... not reading other sites and so not really hearing a widespread outcry, I guess I either got unlucky or that's simply the way the sorting is now with the sets being more evened out in terms of numbers.

T

train

I'd gotten some boxes of Mirrodin, and only gotten about 60% of the uncommons... about 30% of rares... there were lots of duplicates for the uncommons at least...

but if you buy 3 boxes - you should have at least a single-card set...:)

I

Istanbul

Au contraire.

Mirrodin has 110 rares. A box of Mirrodin has 36 rares. 36 x 3 = 108. Meaning that three boxes, assuming NO duplication (which is nothing short of amazing), will leave you just shy of a single card set.

T

train

touche!

Isty... you're under the illusion of the old set numbers...

Mirrodin only has 88 rares... it's set size is only 306 - including basic lands...

and buying 3 boxes would allow for 20 duplicate rare pulls...

"I eat, breathe and s___ Magic... well almost... there is a family I co-habitate with...":p

T

train

For the player yes - collector no... It's now "easier" to get sets completed...

and even with the smaller sets gaining in size - you would still be buying the same number of boxes, and maybe a few extra packs to complete those sets, as you previously did...:)