I'm going to Hell for this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DÛke

Jiggly:

I believe myself.
Funny you should say that. Everyone "believes," right. Of course you believe, and would you say you "don't believe" should that be the case? However, it is ironic...how everyone says they believe in themselves, yet...we look at the world and we see the painful, painful, painful contradictions that many, many, many live. You believe in religion? You have contradicted yourself. You are faithful? Contradiction. Spiritual? Contradiction. You believe in God? Filth. Your "personal beliefs" are not yours. You have found a treasure that has been out there for what? More than 2000 years...you dare call them your "personal beliefs?" Dear...you just picked those up from the nearest garbage lot, beautified them, masked them, altered them a bit...and made yourself a self, a "thing" you proudly call an "I." What a joke..."personal beliefs!" <laughs and laughs and laughs> Your a "product." The first specimen that is very obvioulsy unbecoming...
Aku:

When I am proved wrong, I will believe, however I will also be dead.
What is this? Is that not doubly a contradiction and a lie at the same time? Am I the only one who can see it? We've talked on AIM. I've shown you flickers of errors in your belief. But still you insist. Furthermore, this "proven wrong" you speak of...does that not assume you were proven right?
Aku:

The path forks here, humans either live forever or not at all.
Exactly. How selfish can one be, to want to live forever still, after plaguing this precious life with their filthy morals and values. I know, Aku, that you said you are not like that...but I told you: not many are like that, but they are the filth-sustainers, that is, they are the sustainers of the unclean Christianity, Islam, and whatever religion one kneels down before. You claim that you are not dogmatic...yet you have a certain faith, a "Bible" you call it, that you have become hardened and unwilling to even see beyond that. You tell me that you are not dogmatic? And how closed-minded can one become - having found his contentment, how lazy and needless to life? They look at everyone as a "sinner," and then you people bother tell me that I am offensive? Hey, your faiths attacked you before I have ever known you!
Sven:

So... I'm lesser than I am? I'm pretty sure that makes no sense...
Yes.
Sven:

And what do all those words and phrases you cited actually have to do with believing in oneself? Some of them make some obscure bit of sense, but "relationships"?
I could have recited more, but I figured that the easier ones would make up a grand enigma. See my reply to Jiggly, maybe they'd make more sense?
FMK:

...it seems like you would rather use it to attack people...
When someone gives me a call for help, because he wants to commit suicide, for example, what do you think I do? I try, hard - so hard in fact - to assist them commit to it, make sure they execute it properly and most painfully. And I say: many, many people have done just that: commit suicide by disrespecting themselves. They are living but are not alive, they are filth that sustains tragedy over every, every newborn child; the greatest of help would be to eradicate them, at once, and to never look back at such a sad state that dare calls itself "civilized."

A new beginning is needed...because the foundation of this tragedy is an error, a disease, an infectious one, to be painfully exact.

A

Aku Necromancer

DÛke-
What is this? Is that not doubly a contradiction and a lie at the same time? Am I the only one who can see it? We've talked on AIM. I've shown you flickers of errors in your belief. But still you insist. Furthermore, this "proven wrong" you speak of...does that not assume you were proven right?
I will sound like a jerk saying this, but I do assume I am correct. With such a strong faith, I do not see any reason to doubt my beliefs.

I'm so far down the path, I can't even look back.

Exactly. How selfish can one be, to want to live forever still, after plaguing this precious life with their filthy morals and values.
I can understand why you think it is selfish, wanting to live forever in a paradise. On the other hand not all are welcomed in heaven. In my point of view we all of the same fate (well, kind of), and all will end up living forever in some way or another. Therefore I feel that it isnt selfish.

You claim that you are not dogmatic...yet you have a certain faith, a "Bible" you call it, that you have become hardened and unwilling to even see beyond that. You tell me that you are not dogmatic? And how closed-minded can one become - having found his contentment, how lazy and needless to life? They look at everyone as a "sinner," and then you people bother tell me that I am offensive?
I don’t see the point in being open-minded if anyone has such a strong unbending faith. However I make an effort to not be so dogmatic and stubborn. I will listen, and try to understand to anothers perspective. I usually tend to keep to myself, other peoples views and beliefs are there own and not mine.

I do see everyone as being a sinner. It is natural, we do things we shouldnt do all the time. It just so happens I call it a sin. But, for me, it doesnt go much further than that. I wont judge anyone for the sins they commit, I wont like/hate them any more or less. And I feel anyone shouldnt take this view as an insult or personal attack, its not mt intent.

D

DÛke

Aku:

I will sound like a jerk saying this, but I do assume I am correct. With such a strong faith, I do not see any reason to doubt my beliefs.
And what happens when each man simply assumes that he is correct? What happens is the world we see today. Obviously, you are a contributor.
Aku:

And you are not dogmatic? The path, I believe, is the path of unbecoming...

Now, notice these two statements of yours, which mercilessly negate each other (the bold is what I am focusing on):

Akue:

I can understand why you think it is selfish, wanting to live forever in a paradise. On the other hand not all are welcomed in heaven. In my point of view we all of the same fate (well, kind of), and all will end up living forever in some way or another. Therefore I feel that it isnt selfish.
And this...
Aku:

The path forks here, humans either live forever or not at all.
What a wonderful, false point of view! hence it attacks itself completely...and what must one observe of your dogmatic beliefs, at that point? that you merely believe yourself to be a believer...

Let us examine the following massacre:
Aku;

I don’t see the point in being open-minded if anyone has such a strong unbending faith. However I make an effort to not be so dogmatic and stubborn. I will listen, and try to understand to anothers perspective. I usually tend to keep to myself, other peoples views and beliefs are there own and not mine.
And...
Aku:

What is this? Do you not, concurrently, suggest that you are dogmatic and not dogmatic? "Strong" and "unbending," coupled with "I can't even look back." Do they not all sound like the same exact song? The song of filthy dogma?
Aku:

I do see everyone as being a sinner.
You are a life-hater. You treat them no differently, you say, yet you still insist that they are sinner. Why I ask? Because your "Bible" tells you to. What kind of a digesting faith that has to eat humanity, from beginning to end, only to make itself stronger? If you were not a sinner, let us just suppose that, would the stench of Christianity be smelled today? No. Christianity is based on degrading, raping the human life. And they say I am the one who should "enjoy life," where as millions upon millions of people are life-haters as such, whether they are political, historians, religious, spiritual...whatever. And not just so, since they are the majority, they sustain their webs, drag down anyone who wants to fly just a little higher, anyone who says that the Yes smells bad, and the No is equally rotten...

The moment one even thinks of departing an average habit, an ideal, to fly slightly higher than any other bird, he is brought down, hunted by the dwellers, the cowards, who need not face their failure, but contaminate the very air with their fetid falls, their weaknesses; drag all newborns to these sewers so as to have them sniff the answer, spit it from one mouth to another. Why would they encourage or even tolerate he who considers other possibilities, chances, who knocks on forbidden doors? Yes, forbidden doors they have become, forbidden and sealed shut. For him to, even if accidentally, stumble on a shard of an unknown realization sets them uneasy, sickly, and offended – it just might be enough of a reminder, a reflection of a past mistake, an ugly painting and an unmusical melody – why risk such an archaic confrontation! Why allow the wonder to wander! It has become man’s problem to hunt down and openly dismiss anyone who might paint with different colors and play different notes, at that moment, in which their tradition breaks, faces unmasked, and questions re-asked.

You are not a sinner until you become a Christian. You are not filthy until you become religious. And all starts from the poison that is spirituality, which, by all means, originates from the cowards and the helpless…the life-haters.

Aku:

How easily you sway your “therefore,” how un”therefore” it is…what? One can “therefore” this and “therefore” that…and what have one done? Nothing.

The Sky is never blue. Therefore, the sky is never blue. What? Circular logic. Wrong logic, as well.

I, by all means, understand how hard it is to translate feelings into words…but you do translate them, you simply translate them to those who are willing to listen without a “but” or a “how.” You want a lackey, not a person. This, of course, applies to every – every – religious and spiritual clown. They speak as if they were victims of some long past crime, and now they are unable to speak to everyone, but only to those who hold an agreeable opinion, those who dare not even sigh about they nonsense that one easily puts out…

They indeed need a miracle, a "God" of some sort, for they themselves have made up their own disasters and tragedies...how could they resist such a tempting prostitue?

A

Aku Necromancer

And what happens when each man simply assumes that he is correct? What happens is the world we see today. Obviously, you are a contributor.
But doesn’t everyone do that today. I'm sure you assume your beliefs are correct too.

What a wonderful, false point of view! hence it attacks itself completely...and what must one observe of your dogmatic beliefs, at that point? that you merely believe yourself to be a believer...
'The path forks here, humans either live forever or not at all.' This is our choice. We either believe we will live forever, or we dont. Be on God's side or the other side. There are two sides...and we pick which side we are on.

You are a life-hater. You treat them no differently, you say, yet you still insist that they are sinner. Why I ask? Because your "Bible" tells you to. What kind of a digesting faith that has to eat humanity, from beginning to end, only to make itself stronger? If you were not a sinner, let us just suppose that, would the stench of Christianity be smelled today? No. Christianity is based on degrading, raping the human life. And they say I am the one who should "enjoy life," where as millions upon millions of people are life-haters as such, whether they are political, historians, religious, spiritual...whatever. And not just so, since they are the majority, they sustain their webs, drag down anyone who wants to fly just a little higher, anyone who says that the Yes smells bad, and the No is equally rotten...
I am far from a life hater. I believe that all life has a purpose. And I am not sure what Christianity you are talking about,…Im just glad that no 'true Christians' contribute to the 'degrading, raping the human life.' Do you think this is something Jesus taught his disciples to do? Do you think this is something he would have done? Why are you letting people who 'degrade' and 'rape human life' be your viewpoint on Christianity? Let Jesus or maybe some like Mother Theresa represent it.

The moment one even thinks of departing an average habit, an ideal, to fly slightly higher than any other bird, he is brought down, hunted by the dwellers, the cowards, who need not face their failure, but contaminate the very air with their fetid falls, their weaknesses; drag all newborns to these sewers so as to have them sniff the answer, spit it from one mouth to another. Why would they encourage or even tolerate he who considers other possibilities, chances, who knocks on forbidden doors? Yes, forbidden doors they have become, forbidden and sealed shut. For him to, even if accidentally, stumble on a shard of an unknown realization sets them uneasy, sickly, and offended – it just might be enough of a reminder, a reflection of a past mistake, an ugly painting and an unmusical melody – why risk such an archaic confrontation! Why allow the wonder to wander! It has become man’s problem to hunt down and openly dismiss anyone who might paint with different colors and play different notes, at that moment, in which their tradition breaks, faces unmasked, and questions re-asked.
How could I move on and leave the one who loved me so much he died for me? We are painting with two different colors of paint, you dont understand how it is to believe...

I, by all means, understand how hard it is to translate feelings into words…but you do translate them, you simply translate them to those who are willing to listen without a “but” or a “how.” You want a lackey, not a person. This, of course, applies to every – every – religious and spiritual clown. They speak as if they were victims of some long past crime, and now they are unable to speak to everyone, but only to those who hold an agreeable opinion, those who dare not even sigh about they nonsense that one easily puts out…
Christians were scorned and fed to lions in the past....it could happen again.

E

EricBess

Aku, I agree and disagree with Duke. I agree that you shouldn't just assume that your way is correct simply because it is the way you know.

However, Duke has implied that you can't truely know something until you reject it completely. He will correct me if I have misunderstood.

I, on the other hand, will tell you that you don't need to reject your beleives in order to question them. Granted, this may leave you a bit bias, but as long as you have a truely honest introspection, questioning can be a very positive tool.

I anticipate Duke's response to be that you can't be truely introspective with this bias. Of course, he may also get on my case about anticipating a response :D

A

Aku Necromancer

Originally posted by EricBess
Aku, I agree and disagree with Duke. I agree that you shouldn't just assume that your way is correct simply because it is the way you know.
Why would I leave room for doubt?

Jesus said "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

Im all up for discussing about opposing or other viewpoints, however I wont accept them.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Welcome to the CPA, Aku.

Anyhow, a real irony in both hardcore and nihilistic forms of atheism is that some people's belief in no God can become as much of a religion as the theist's belief in God. Also, theists aren't unique in taking planet-length leaps of faith. See Evolution and the idea that we came here out of a one-in-a-centillion fluke.

E

EricBess

Originally posted by Aku Necromancer
Why would I leave room for doubt?

Jesus said "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

Im all up for discussing about opposing or other viewpoints, however I wont accept them.
But that isn't inconsistent with what I said. My point is that there are as many ways to interpret things as there are people. Yes, accept Jesus as your Redeemer and Savior. That's a point that's not up for debate. But how do you know that? And how do you follow him? Definitely don't compromise your morals or your values, but make sure your motives are really what you think they are.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you haven't done that. I'm just pointing out that there are a lot of people who use religion as a shield so they don't have to think for themselves. Christ knew who he was and why he was doing what he did. You should too.

J

Jigglypuff

Funny you should say that. Everyone "believes," right. Of course you believe, and would you say you "don't believe" should that be the case? However, it is ironic...how everyone says they believe in themselves, yet...we look at the world and we see the painful, painful, painful contradictions that many, many, many live. You believe in religion? You have contradicted yourself. You are faithful? Contradiction. Spiritual? Contradiction. You believe in God? Filth. Your "personal beliefs" are not yours. You have found a treasure that has been out there for what? More than 2000 years...you dare call them your "personal beliefs?" Dear...you just picked those up from the nearest garbage lot, beautified them, masked them, altered them a bit...and made yourself a self, a "thing" you proudly call an "I." What a joke..."personal beliefs!" <laughs and laughs and laughs> Your a "product." The first specimen that is very obvioulsy unbecoming...
Thanks for the uninvited personal attack. It makes me feel happy knowing that I can add another person to the list of those who have personally attacked me for showing a viewpoint. And I don't believe in religion, nor am I spiritual, nor do I believe in God. As for "faithful", well, faithful to what? To my friends? Sure. To my family? Sure. To myself? Sure. And if I am a joke, then I'll laugh about it with myself.

(- Steve -)

F

FmK-AnC

Originally posted by DÛke
Duke obviously you are a contribuater too.. you are a part of everything you put down... get over the fact that your a crack addict and be nice for a change... your everything you find bad in the world... and what the hell does aku beliving have to do with anything... let him belive... let me not belive... let the world do what they want and forget about it... you are what is destroying peoples lives... we all know its there and we all know it gets worse... get over it and get out

-AnC

G

Gizmo

Duke, you really are an evil little piece of ****. How the **** do you DARE to say that somebody's personal beliefs aren't personal unless they completely invented their entire belief system themself? WHERE THE **** DO YOU GET OFF AS THE ULTIMATE ARBITER OF SPIRITUALITY YOU NEW-AGE ****BAG? Im no christian, and I feel sorry for anybody who deludes themselves with any belief system at all, but I also respect their rights to find their own way to make sense of the world. You would even rob them of that because according to you THEY DONT EVEN HAVE PERSONAL BELIEFS.

Jesus H Christ.

Have you ever spoken to a christian about their beliefs? Did you then go and talk to another christian about their beliefs? Different, weren't they... in fact you`d struggle to find any two people from any denomination of religion/cult/belief/sect/ozzfest who actually have the same precise views on their beliefs. You know why? Because their beliefs are PERSONAL to them - that's right, Christians are people too, they use their brains just as much as the rest of us, they simply come to different conclusions from the evidence they see. I feel sorry for you, for your version of the world, where only you among the billions of people on this planet are free to think high important thoughts, and all us lesser mortals are left to choose blindly from off-the-peg belief systems because if we thought too hard we`d probably just die. We should all just get down on our knees and worship you, huh?

You`re actually a pathetic little creature, Duke. Shunned by society you have had to create a very strong internal belief barrier that has allowed you to feel superior to people who should really be your equals, but your lack of social skills has left you excluded. You`re the lonely tramp who is stood outside the restaurant window in the rain, peering through the glass at the happy families eating inside and laughing at the fact that they`ll never know the joys of having a nice tasty rat for for their dinner.

Your beliefs can be summed up as 'I`m great, nobody is as clever as me, I'm the cleverest ever! Aren't I special?'. It`s such a warped and twisted worldview - such a subverted plea for attention and yet at the same time a rejection that anybody is qualified to give you the attention you deserve. Its a self-destructive worldview, and it is also a truly sad one.

I really hope you die, soon - it`s what you want most, I imagine. And then we can all get on with living happily ever after. I`ll bring cake to the 'Ding-dong-the-duke-is-dead' party, anybody else want to volunteer to bring the fizzy pop?

On a lighter note...

LONDON (Reuters) - It's official -- "Star Wars" has created almost 400,000 Jedis in Britain.

Over 390,000 people wrote "Jedi" on their 2001 census form, more than those who registered their faith as Jewish, Buddhist or Sikh in the optional question on religion, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) said on Thursday.

The Jedis declared their belief after a campaign on the Internet asked people to "do it because you love Star Wars" or "just to annoy people".

"Star Wars devotees stated their faith as 'Jedi' in the mistaken belief that if 10,000 did so it would be recognised as an official religion," a spokesman for the ONS said.

The census question on religion offered a series of tick-boxes for the major religions, including a free space for "any other religion".

In the films, the Jedi knights are a noble order of protectors unified by their belief in a universal power called the Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.