If you wanna have a philosophical debate, come right on in!

S

SwingMage

I dont think there is a reason why we are here.

And people try to hard to find an answer

M

MrXarvox

I don't try too hard, all it takes is a little sleep deprivation and you think of the answers to every question...

A

arachiron

The universe (as one theory goes) was not actually "created". In its earliest stages, (before Max Planck time), matter and antimatter coexisted for very short periods of time and canceled each other out (kinda like a positron and a election colliding and anhiallating each other) so there was a kind of stasis. Then, lots of matter, about 10 lbs?, "popped" up into a space approx. the size of an atom. This of course in unimaginably dense and hot so the result was the ripping of space and probably the creation of time--in other words, The Big Bang. Then, the universe began "cooling" and expanding and eventually light elements like helium all the way up to iron were created out of the plasma. A little more expanding and swirling because of gravity into galaxies and such yadda,yadda, yadda...here we are. Sorry, this is very bad and doesn't take into account much of anything because I don't have enough time to write a good explanation (plus the fact we don't know much of it). There are also other theories that go along with this one like the Bubble Theory and so forth.

As for who we are, my best guess would be pebbles with Genghis Kahn complexes. ;)

Z

Zhaneel

Bubble theory? like, we're all little bubbles? ;) sorry, it's early :)

N

netgnome

all matter comes from energy - everything is derived from energy