I think I know WotC's plan..

E

ErinPuff

Ever smelled a brand-new card? Smells kinda yucky, huh? But for some reason you keep on smelling it..

This is the key to everything.. the reason why we're all so addicted.

WotC drugs the cards..

..that new-card smell you're smelling.. it's the reason we're all addicted to Magic..

D

Dakkon Blackblade

So that is how I got addicted to crack.....

..Just kiding, But your probably right.

The One And Only.......

Dakkon Blackblade

H

Hetemti

I LOVE the scent of bakery-fresh trash-rares. Makes me...happy...

D

Darsh

Try opening up a world tournement pack, it warms you heart and soul.:)

D

DÛke

...we all like the "new" card smell!
...We're all under a spell.
...We are all hypnotized.
...Oh well.
...Have you ever smelled a bran new Selenia Dark Angel Erin:)? It smells sooooo good;).

E

ErinPuff

Yes, I love the new-card smell.. but it's yucky..

arrgh, the perils of being a Magic addict..

[me]goes to sniff some of those brand-new Invasion cards[/me]

Z

Zhaneel

so that's how you got me hooked on this game... I knew there was a reason other than the cool artwork and the fact that i'm a fantasy freak...

Z

Zadok001

I KNEW IT! Drugs! That's the whole reason everyone's playing the game! :)

(I wonder if you can have a lethal overdose. I've seen people overdose on somnoquiescence, that's not real pretty... It's funny, though!)

D

DÛke

...did Erin give you a BRAN NEW INVASION booster, you opened it, and "sniffed" each card? If you did, like I DO;), than, you are addicted, and there's no break-away!

Zan, you have fallen for the trap Erin has set up for you! Man, I feel sorry;).

Z

Zhaneel

Actually, I started before invasion, and there's no way she would give me any cards, but good theory nonetheless! However, when I bought the cards...

Killer Joe

I have never smelled the cards because I didn't know we were supposed to. Who's 'in-charge' of telling us these things?
Hey, I got it, what if, now stay with me here, what if Wiz Co. started making "Scratch-n-Sniff" cards? Huh!? "Scratch-n-Sniff" cards would be all-the-rage, I wonder what the Angels would smell like? :) But I wouldn't want to know what Bog Rats would smell like.
Wait! I got it, what if Wiz Co. made cards out of 'GUM'? Kewlllll, I sac this land for two mana, and as a breath freshener. Forests would have a minty taste, oh wait, I NEVER EVER would play Black though, YUCK! :(
Sorry, just think outside of the box. ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Get back in the box!

[me] shoves Yellowjacket back in the box, shuts the lid, and looks around furtively to see if anyone else noticed...[/me]

:D

E

EricBess

* Eric Bess taps Spidy on the shoulder

Hey, I noticed. He may actually be onto something. I mean, if a foil card is worth more than a regular card, a mint-condition Scratch-n-Sniff has got to be worth a small fortune, right.

Just think, Scratch-n-Sniff Scent of Jasmine would be kind of neat. Of course, I can think of a few that would clear the room in a hurry as well...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
[me] shoves EricBess in the box with Yellowjacket[/me]

[me] then sits on the lid for good measure[/me]

:D

<psst> [*me][*/me] (without the asterisks) puts your name and the blue color automatically.

E

EricBess

[me]Thanks Spidy for the info[/me]

Its a bit muffled from within the box, but I think he can hear me.