I Play Magic to Win

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Killer Joe said:
Round 1 I get paired with Sam (2nd. place this year in the MML) and on turn one I lay down an Island. All of a sudden complaints start running rampant and Sam says, "I thought you said grab a 'fun' deck."
Don't let KJ fool anyone, he gets picked on because he is the best deck builder in both groups (MML and our "judges" group). I think the others meant "Fun", being a deck that isn't fun for KJ, but one that loses...... hahaha
If he had played a deck that is as unfocused as the one I played, I would be somewhat diappointed, as I expect to be tested to my meager limits by KJ's decks and his play.

Killer Joe said:
Mooseman was the only one that beat me in the tournament and that was game 1 of our match. Mooseman played an evil, evil mono-blue deck, maybe he'll chime in on it's contents. :p
Well, here is my unfocused, 10 minute build deck that drives my opponents crazy. If I can't win, I just upheaval and reset the game, it really irratates other players, and nothing is better that saying "DENIED".
As you can see a 69 card deck is not a very "tuned" deck, but it is fun to play and I think I'm good enough to pull it off most of the time. Although, I must admit that I hadn't played it in a while and couldn't remember what the heck some cards were supposed to be used for.... see Tolarian Winds..... I'm still not sure about that one...... discard to Overtaker? I do have another Faterspinner that I'll add to it.

Land
21 islands
2 Saprazzan Skerry

Artifacts
1 Vulshok Morningstar
1 Sckullcage
1 Faldon's Cane
1 Nuisance Engine

Creatures
2 Mischievous Quanar
2 Scalpelezis
2 Spire Owl
2 Wall of Air
1 Arachniod
1 Aven Fateshaper
1 Daring Apprentice
1 Fatespinner
1 Hovergaurd Sweepers
1 Overtaker
1 Phantom Warrior
1 Psychic Membrane
1 Razorgrass Screen
1 Sandbar Serpent
1 Wonder

Spells
4 Counter spell
3 Arcane Denial
2 Boomerang
2 Mana Leak
2 Memory Lapse
2 Tolarian winds
2 Upheaval
1 Blatant Thievery
1 Confiscate
1 Quash
1 Remove Soul
1 Tramatize
1 Turnabout

O

orgg

Talorian Winds-- Y'see those four lands you've held in your hand because you have nine in play already? Well, at the end of your opponent's turn, they're actually four random cards that you can PLAY!

Killer Joe

Mooseman said:
Don't let KJ fool anyone, he gets picked on because he is the best deck builder in both groups (MML and our "judges" group). I think the others meant "Fun", being a deck that isn't fun for KJ, but one that loses...... hahaha
SEE!? I get "picked-on" all-the-time. :p

BTW, didja ya SEE his evil-Evil-EVIL deck list? I'm calling it his "Mono Blue Up-EVIL" deck.

N

Nightstalkers

I usually get picked on because I'm the T1 player who plays in the random FNM T2 tournament...

I swear, you gotta make those things like... T1 or extended instead of T2.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
orgg said:
Talorian Winds-- Y'see those four lands you've held in your hand because you have nine in play already? Well, at the end of your opponent's turn, they're actually four random cards that you can PLAY!
This is why I come to this site.... Thanks orgg.

BTW - Should I post this deck in the deck section and ask for ideas?

Killer Joe

You know, you could suggest practically anything to Mooseman as long it's from about Urza's Saga to now. He still has boxes and boxes of them unopened (no, not packs,...BOOSTER BOXES!!!).

Mooseman is no slouch either, we were playing swiss rounds and he got paired with me in the third round and you can't get there unless you're whoopin' some BUTT!

With a "focused" deck, as he calls them, he would/could do much better but then he'd have to play more often and he's a busy guy IRL :(. Playing internet poker takes a lot of hard work and time ;).

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spiderman said:
Maybe he's saving them for lots of booster drafts :)
Although I do throw low cost booster drafts for the group, mostly, I'm just to lazy to sort them all.... :yawn:

B

BigBlue

But, children are for sorting.... so, we don't want to hide any of them. :)

O

orgg

The boosters I've got unopened are for future potential drafts, myself.

I've got a Tempest block draft set, a few Ody block draft sets, and some Portal: 3Kingdoms, too...