i need help with my angry ghoul deck

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Huh, for some reason I always think Dark Ritual is restricted in Type 1 when it's just banned in Extended...

T

train

this thing wins in three or four turns or it scoops.
Built that way for a reason???... I'm just looking at the fact that while going through deck planning and deck construction - you should understand and be able to run a deck in the long game...

otherwise, half the archetypes out there you scoop to....
:cool:

R

Rooser

chris - If you played with Onslaught fetchlands the Hermit would deck you in one turn also. Also, I don't know if 4 reanimtes and 4 exhumes would be overkill, but if you're worried about it I will point out that 4 reanimates and 2 Exhumes is better than 2 Reanimates and 4 Exhumes.

train - fair enough, I wasn't trying to pick on you, but I think if the opponent deals with the ghoul then their isn't going to be anything to Living Death. Also, what's to be done about his empty library anyway? If he pops the hermit, he better win that turn or he's decked. While I agree with your sentiment about deck balance, this deck is a total wad shooter - the late game can't possibly exist in a deck whose combo involves turning the entire library upside down.

C

chris92

even if hermt d sutured ghoul combo gets foiled, some creatures are there for alternate win conditions. while playing the deck i noticed that more often than not that combo was second resort. akroma effectively kills sligh, and other red/ black decks. if white weenie with swords then its either multani or iridescent. if it runs high on edicts or innocent blood then its symbiotic wurm. control decks are a bit tougher though, but if u pull out a dark rit entomb/exhume on turn one, then its lights out 4 them. force of will is the only thing standing between a win and a lose.

T

train

the late game can't possibly exist in a deck whose combo involves turning the entire library upside down.
I'll second that except for the possibility of recursion found so often in feldon's canes, timetwister, morality shift etc...

Morality shift is a personal favorite... of course I do have to hope I don't get decked by milling... normally used with yawgmoth's will, and not always an immediate win..

:cool: