4 exhume
2 reanimate
4 demonic tutor
1 regrowth
1 krosan reclamation
4 dark ritual
3 entomb
1 buried alive

i am very open to suggestions and constructive criticism, thanks :)

R

Reverend Love

I'm thinking his mana base is a little shaky...

All for..yays?

All opposed..nays?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
22 lands seem okay, but there's probably better choices... like the Onslaught fetch lands...

Looking at the list more closely, it looks like definitely the "casual" format due to 4 Strip Mines and 4 Tutors and 4 Dark Rituals... I would suggest Sol Ring right now, that's all the old cards I can think that can immediately help.

C

chris92

yea, its casual no restrictions and stuff like that.

can i lose the mountain and substitute dragon breath instead of anger?

fetch lands are great but way to expensive here in the philippines.

sol ring is good, but its colorless i need the color.

i've changed the petradon to reya dawn bringer, and a krosan tasker for phantom nishoba. is that okay?

thanks guys.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If all you're using Anger for is the haste ability, there's probably better ways of doing it... like a red enchantment or something which doesn't need the mountain.

Since it looks like you're trying to get stuff out of your graveyard, probably more Buried Alives...

C

chris92

exactly deathmaster666 i removed the mountain and anger, and put in dragon breath, it clearly is much faster.
i removed the nishoba too, and put in silvos, feed for the sutured ghoul.
i can't put in fetch lands because they fetch basic lands.
is 22 lands good enough?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Probably, since you're reanimating from the graveyard and have fairly cheap spells. If you're not getting mana screwed consistently, it should be okay.

C

chris92

so this is where it currently is

lands
4 vault of whispers
4 gemstone mine
4 city of brass
4 llanowar waste
4 strip mine
1 tree of tales
1 cabal pit

creatures
2 sutured ghoul
4 hermit druid
1 reya, dawn bringer
1 akroma, angel of wrath
1 iridescent angel
1 visara the dreadful
1 symbiotic wurm
1 silvos, rogue elemental

others
4 duress
1 cabal therapy
1 fire breathing
4 dark ritual
4 exhume
2 reanimate
3 entomb
1 buried alive
1 krosan reclamation
1 regrowth
4 demonic tutor

C

chris92

living death would clearly slow this deck down. i've been test playing it 4 some time and it kills on turn 3 or 4 70%of the time :)

T

train

Living Death isn't there for early game - it's not a cheap spell... you may hit a control deck where it can come in really handy...

C

chris92

maybe so, but if i don't kill my opponent in early-mid game, i'm done for. i just don't think that its fit for this kind of deck.

R

Rooser

train ... :rolleyes: ... do you know how angry ghoul works? You might as well tell a sligh deck it needs starstorms just in case things go on a bit too long. Either this thing wins in three or four turns or it scoops.

chris - well, the slightly older builds I've seen used fetchlands to get that one mountain out before the druid was popped open, but I think your Dragon breath idea is actually much better.

Even better than that would be to go with both, as if you happen to get one of either Anger or Breath in your hand, things are gonna suck without an alternative. Most people would say you should just run two Angers to keep this from happening, but I say throw in a breath just in case they can kill off your mountain somehow, (Sounds likely in a format that allows 4 strip mines).

Either way, you need fetchlands to dig that mountain out - or you need to play with a bunch of red-producing dual lands instead of the mountain. You might as well skip the whole hasting route if you're going to take an extra turn to hermit out the mountain, then hermit the rest of your deck away.

Also, if you can get them, this deck would certainly like a full count of 4 Reanimates. It's essentially a kill card, and the more often you only need one mana to kill somebody, the more often you are going to win.

Spidey It's Entomb that's restricted, not Dark Ritual.

C

chris92

when i put in dragon breath, i removed the mountain. it kils much faster because hermit d decks me out in one turn.
it really sucks if i get dragon breath in my hand, though its still castable costing only a generic and one red mana, and i have a set of cities of brass and gemstone mines. though 2 dragon breaths could work.

4 reanimates and 4 exhumes sounds like over kill don't you think?
should i add entombs and buried alives as well?