I know your out there, I can here you breathing.

T

theorgg

Ihsan, have you ever played MM draft? I havn't been lucky enough to get a good green deck, but let me tell you, a 1/1 flyer isn't bad. the card advantage (killing an opponant's card/removal spell, loosing no permanants) is not bad. a 3/3 isn't too shabby. Many decks will ignore a 1/1, and I have seen too many people killed by carrier pigeons than I care to name(the'd gang up on me). please tell me exactly why you don't like a 1/1 flyer while getting rid of one of your opponant's creatures.

-theorgg
I'm bigger than I think, I think.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Dune-- <font size="2" color="#FF6000">* Ed Sullivan opens up Apprentice</font> :)

Ihsans-- according to BabelFish, it's cólera del dios

the caterpillar--I don't think its as bad as you all (well, some) make it out to be. 4 for a 3/3 is decent (masticore), and its ability isn't horrible. It can create card advantage fairly easily.

Of course, in constructed, it sucks. But in draft/sealed deck it shows more promise.

-mike

I

Ihsans Shade

I would Dune, but I got something going on with my e-mail. So I will just post it here.

The Giant Catapillar SUCKS!!! Here is why

What is it, Four Mana for a 3/3?(Ok that is not so bad.)
It's ability is what sucks. I mean one green for a 1/1 flyer wouldn't be so bad if it would come in right away.(The only time this would be bad is if a person had el Wraitho of Godo
, and those are just a bit hard to come by.) Next it is a 1/1 flying token you get. (if it was 2/2 it wouldn't be so bad.) Shouldn't giant catapillars make giant butterflies? What How often do you get your opponent down to 1 life, with a big creature deck, and run out of kill? The odds of that are aproxometly(&lt;-?) 3,720 to 1.
The creature is just plain EEEEEWWWWWWW! that is all there is to say. It Just plain sucks.

I am...
Ihsan's Shade

A

alikzam13

I think if we want more PPL to post we shouls make it so we can trade on here!?!?

( Could som1 please direct me to the ppl to whom run this ite so we can start this, i think it is a good idea!)

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Umm... we can trade on here. Read the Trading Post forum. :)

And for the people who run this--anyone who has "CPA Founder" or Administrator under their names is a person who runs this.

-mike

...Must..get..Gran Turismo..2..

D

Dune Echo

Sure Ihsan's Shade. What is it?

T

theorgg

LATIN!!

it would probably be

Magna larva

larva was a generic term for a small bug, or a small nusence.

is that satisfying, Larvum?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-theorgg

A callow knight in armor,
Appropriatly brave,
Displayed his lack of wisdom
and charged into my cave.

He challanged me to battle,
In moments it was through.
He made a tasty morsel-
His horse was tasty, too.

-Jack Prelutsky,
"Ogrebrad"
published in Monday's Troll,1997 scholastic

I

Ihsans Shade

Shadowfire-Welcome. You don't have to worry about offending people, that's my job. Ask anyone and they will tell you I am really anoying if I want to be, which for months at a time even.

Mike-56000! Okay, so we have a way to go, and how did you now that all but .3 of my body is gone(Ha ha.)(Actually that is just sick. :()

Dune-What do you think I did here? I just noticed something, and I wrote about it. And if you want I can type up an article about the crappyness of the Giant Catapillar.

[Edited by Ihsans Shade (12-21-1999 at 12:47 PM).]

I

Ihsans Shade

Um Mike, is that the latin name of the big & sucky? And I don't know about you other guys, but when I play, I just grab a deck, and go.

Oh yeah, Anyone want to know a interesting Combo w/Teeka's Dragon?

I am...
Ihsan's Shade
Giant Catapillars= Giant Butterflies. It just makes sense.

I

Ihsans Shade

Mike, Orgg-Thank you for giving me a few more wrinkles in my brain.
Dune-The combo is not the best, and it is for a first turn cast. You have to get a good draw, but here it is:
Requirments:
4xDark Rituals
1xSwamp
1xTeeka's Dragon

Play the swamp. Tap it, play 1 dark ritual. Use the three black mana you getr from that one, and play the other three(brining your total to black mana. You then use the nine black to cast Teeka. Kinda nice if I do say so myself.

I am...
Ihsan's Shade
With one swamp I can, dare I say it, RULE THE WORLD!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I mean AHAHAHAHAHAHAWB.

Ferret

Staff member
Teeka's Dragon works better when it's walking and has a lure on it. Find a way to ground it and force all your opponent's critters to block it and it'll get HUGE!

-ferret

"...Flying, Trample, Rampage 4! Gods, I love saying that!"

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
That's a combo?

TomB
CPA Member

"I do not teach. I simply reveal."
-Daudi, Femeref tutor

Ferret

Staff member
That's an idea, but how often do you draw 4 Dark Rituals at once?

How about this:

1st turn: Island, Sol Ring, Mox Diamond (or Lotus Petal, Tinker, sac the Sol Ring or Diamond, get a Dragon!

If you want to use black, put the dragon in the graveyard and animate it!

-ferret

"...cheap efficient pain..."

D

Dune Echo

Hell, I just want to ground the sucker and cast Lure! Can you say... OVERKILL? I'm happy to say, I actually have a Teeka's Dragon. I think I might put into my Mono-brown deck. Yes, it's cheese but it's not tuned and it's just for big creatures and Fireballs. I get killed by own artifacts more than anything else. The Mana Crypts and Mana Vaults combo very well with Umbilicus though!

--------------------
Dune Echo

I think that Mana Crypts should be reintroduced as commons!

S

Spart

A grounded and lured teeka's dragon isn't overkill until you add the sorrow's path!

I

Ihsans Shade

Okay,okay. So it isn't that good, but I did say that it was hard to pull off