I know your out there, I can here you breathing.

I

Ishans Shade

Is it just me or does it seem that the only a hand full of the CPA Members actully use this thing? I mean come on, if we have 80+ members shouldn't we be just swamped with messages, and posts? I have know idea where I'm going with this thing, if anyone has some suggestions?

Bracing for the resounding SHUT UP!
The Member formerly known as Ishan's Shade.

D

Dune Echo

I think that people have registered and then just disappeared or just don't feel like commenting. It happens. It's life.

------------------
Dune Echo

... and no, the Waylay ruling and Thawing Glaciers ruling don't have a damn thing in common. A lot more people like me whined in favor of Waylay!

T

theorgg

y'know, it's sad.
<sheds a tear>

some people actually have lives.
<sniff>

-theorgg
I'm bigger than I think, I think.

Z

Zadok001

What's this "life" thing I keep hearing about?

Truthfully, I think we got a ton of people who registered and just never came back. Oh, well. Once we get this site up once and for all, we can send a mass e-mail to all the people signed up here to tell them to get their butts in gear and start posting for us.
We just need to get through these last few stages... (How long have we been saying that again?)

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic
CPA Member
"We have more sprouts than they have hands."

Ferret

Staff member
Actually, the site is up - Mike even posted an article by me...we just need more stuff! SO, everyone get writing!!!!

-ferret

"...not just for breakfast anymore..."

I

Ishans Shade

Ok, so there are some people who share my veiws on this subject....(wonder if that is good, or bad).

K

king of all

for what it's worth($1,000,000!) i'm still here. i usually don't post unless i have something terribly important to say that someone hasen't said yet(and yet, i post here
).

i just haven't really been in the majik mood lately(mmm... girls!). sort-of-sorry.

-koa
"you are /NOT/ a beautiful and unique snowflake!"

I

Ishans Shade

Well, at least you are posting.
Like the Snowflake thing

Phasing Sucks
Fishan's Shade

K

king of all

i aim to please!

-koa
"you are /NOT/ a beautiful and unique snowflake!"

Ferret

Staff member
Oh, come on! I'm getting married in eight days and I have time to write. Just come up w/ something that would make a nice article and email it to Mike (Ed). An active site is a happy site...

-ferret

"...EIGHT DAYS!?!?! It's that close?"

I

Ihsans Shade

What do you mean nice stuff? Ferret, have you actually read any of my posts? It is mostly me drowing on and on about something.
Such as the war of 1812, when the British(*Slap*)...er what was I saying?

Oh yeah, congrats you little weasel(heh, heh)

I'm too sexy for this post

[Edited by Ihsans Shade (12-13-1999 at 12:51 PM).]

S

Shadowfire

Hi guys. I'm new so please forgive me if I offend. But if you guys only have 80 members give it some time. Even if all 80 where using the board I dont think it would be really swamped. I use MOTL alot and with over 3,000 there whe have alot of guys posting all the time.

Give the new banner there some time to do its work. Heck it brought me here. I'm on-line all day long.

just my thoughts

Z

Zadok001

Hiya Shadowfire! :) Welcome aboard.

And congratulations to Ferret once again. :)

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic

(BTW, did anyone else notice Ferrets sig line in the 5th post can be read as "Ferret: Not just for breakfast anymore?")

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
HAHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAA!! (apparently I stutter when I laugh with all those H's in there)

<font size="2" color="#FF6000">* Ed Sullivan must calm down...</font>

Ok, sorry.

I have to agree with Shadowfire. 86 (I think) members is not that much. MOTL has 3000, and Warner Bros. has like 56000. (yes, they run a UBB) My current goal is 57001.3. Ihsan is the .3

About what I'm upto:
A web-based article submission system. AKA creation, editing, and submission of articles via the web. The creation of archives via the web. Stuff like that. Pretty soon I won't have to touch FTP. :D

-mike

D

Dune Echo

Mike, you're awesome! And Ihsan's Shade, write an article. Pick your favorite card and discuss it. Discuss powerful common cards or something. Find a card no one really uses and say hey, this is awesome, try it this way! If you want, I'll be happy to do like a point/counter-point on a few of your favorite cards. Write up an article and send it to me. I'll counter-point it. Just choose something that can be debated upon and to a extensive degree. For instance, Windfall versus Flux. Which should you use in your deck?

------------------
Dune Echo

... and no, the Waylay ruling and Thawing Glaciers ruling don't have a damn thing in common. A lot more people like me whined in favor of Waylay!

Ferret

Staff member
Great Idea, Ross! Down w/ Caterpillar - one of the many blemishes on Visions (the set, not the card) and VIthe Edition!

-ferret

"...echo echo echo echo..."

S

Spidermage

Hey the Caterpillar is a great card if your opponent is at one life and is about to kill you with some big creature, but does not have any flyers out and his creature doesn't have trample and...well, OK...I guess it does suck, then

T

theorgg

WHAT the FU(dge tastes good)CK are you talking about?

the GIANT CATAPILLER IS GOOD! he is, if played right eisily a 2-for-1 card. given, you need to have one mana avaible, but given that the bug comes into play at end of turn, it means that you have at least one creature after mass destruction. it aint mutch, but I have seen several people die at the beaks of carrier pigeons.

any specific complaints about the 'pillar? I admit he's expencive, but this is GREEN were talking abo8t.

-theorgg
I'm bigger than I think, I think.

D

Dune Echo

Ihsan's Shade: Please feel free to write up that article. Send it to me. I'll be happy to prove that Giant Caterpillar can be a good card. Beats Hill Giant any day, or in Masques, Wild Jhovall. Hell, whatever happened to people giving me cards they thought sucked to build a deck around? It started off so well.

Mike: Where's that Anthroplasm deck?

------------------
Dune Echo