i have a suggestion

T

terzarima

Well it that they can veiw most everything without having to log in

P

Pseudonym

Geez, i'm sorry i made the joke in the first place.
i won't make that mistake again.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You probably should have put a smilie in your original post then... :)

ademis: But doesn't that defeat the purpose of knowing how many people might agree with the CPA mission statement?

R

Riva Iron-Grip

whatever. i'm not going to argue with you guys.
some of you just dont get it. and i'm not going to go on

T

terzarima

Maybe its what the people beleive, according to Ed it doesn't take up much space, but you would also be surpised Spidey at how many people just sign up and don't do anything

R

Riva Iron-Grip

yeah no crap. my friend garrett(herald of valdemar) doesn't do anything. he doesn't even visit the cpa site. he says that he just did that cuz he was in the mood at the time. and now the cpa sucks(his words not mine), so he doesn't come.

T

terzarima

See those kinf of people don't even agree with the mission Spidey, but we can't just say that applies to all people, may you're right but maybe you're wrong

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Or is arguing my thing? :)

Look guys, I agree with you to an extent. I've suggested that perhaps there should be some more counters, like total users, active posters, unique names, blah, blah. Ed said no and I'm fine with that (that's what this Suggestions forum is for).

In the long term scheme of things, I've said that the user count is not really an accurate measure of the CPA's influence because of non-posters and who knows how many people were one-time visitors (well, Ed probably knows...)

But the point is that there really is no benefit to what you propose: Which it sounds like getting rid of all of the people who have 0 posts. It doesn't really save disk space and you haven't offered any other benefits. So therefore I can see Ed's point of letting them stay. Because there IS the possibility of them coming back and starting to post.

If Herald want to individually tell Ed to delete his account, that's fine, but it should be up to the user to take the initiative (which actually sounds like a Catch-22, now that I think about it).

In short: no (or little) benefit to deleting them, more benefit to letting them stay.

M

Mundungu

I also disagree with the deleting of people from the member database.

Riva : what if Herald, for once "in the mood" decides to have a look and finds he wants to write something ?

Take me for example, I havent posted for 2 or 3 month at times and right now post mostly stupid crap, but I was VERY involved back in March.

Not posting for a long time doesn't mean you have no interest anymore.

CPA is supposed to be like a family more than a membership sponsored private club where if you dont pay you cant stay.

And if it takes 1K for each member then having 1000 inactive will cost lest usage space than some Windows dll's and probably less than 0,01 % of Ed's disk space (I guess Ed has even more than 10 GB but hey, its a rough estimate).

These members have nothing to do with the bandwith ...

anyway, I suppose I better go back to work..

my 0,02 c