i have a b lotus

R

Riva Iron-Grip

That's right punks. i just bought a black lotus for 10 dollars off of this kid, who didn't know what it was. he said that it used to be his dad's. it's in nm condition, and is ready, if anyone wants it. i wont do anything buty play with it. so if you want it. tell me. i'll trade um....lots of stuff. make me an offer i can't refuse:). here is the rest of my cards. and you send first, if you want the black lotus.

BLACK
1 volrath the fallen
1 breeding pit
1 sorceress queen
1 lurking evil
1 pit spawn
1 derelor
1 stronghold assassin
1 death pits of rath
1 volrath dungeon
1 diving witch
1 abyssal horror
1 rathi assassin
1 rag man
1 baron sengir
1 infernal genesis
1 unmask
1 yawgmoth's bargain
1 sengir vamp
1 living death
1 andradite leach
2 phyrexian delver
1 spreading plague

RED
1 shrieking mogg
1 apocalypse(korean)
2 furnace of rath(1 korean)
1 jokulhaups
2 latulla keldon overseer
1 mana cache
1 game of chaos
1 deadshot
1 kookus
1 battle squadron
4 laccolith titan
2 searing wind
2 moggcatcher
1 flowstone slide
2 task mage assembly
1 dragon whelp
1 maraxus of keld(portugese)
1 sulfuric vapor
2 stronghold gambit
1 flowstone overseer
1 blood oath
2 wake of destruction(1 foil)
1 final fortune(mirage)
1 goblin festival
1 mogg sentry
1 bend or break
1 collapsing borders
1 ghitu fire

GOLD
1 nicol bolas
1 kei takahashi
1 vhati il-dal
1 selenia dark angel
1 dromar the banisher
1 ancient spider
2 stalking assassins
1 aura mutations
1 artifact mutation
1 over abundance

GREEN
1 spike weaver
1 metamorphosis
1 eladamri
1 caller of the hunt
1 bind
1 blurred mongoose
1 kavu lair
1 thornscape master
1 verdeloth the ancient(foil)

BLUE
1 benthic behemoth
1 AEther barrier
1 sibilant spirit
1 zur's weirding
1 flash
1 avatar of will
1 psychic theft
1 mist dragon

WHITE
1 sunscape master
1 parallax wave
1 blessed wind
1 avenger en-dal
1 shaman en-kor
1 fountain watch
1 wave of reckoning

ARTIFACTS
1 crumbling sanctuary
1 worry beads
1 sol ring
1 horn of plenty
1 power matrix
1 energizer
1 meekstone
1 mana vault
1 thumb screws
1 well of discovery
1 thran tome
1 fool's tome
1 iron star
1 complex automaton
1 ashnod's transmorgant
1 phyrexian splicer
1 thran forge
1 excavator
1 eye of yawgmoth
1 heartstone
1 volrath's laboratory
1 storage matrix
1 kill switch
1 keldon battlewagon
1 kyren archive
1 throne of bone
2 ankh of mishra
1 crystal rod
2 shifting wall

LANDS
1 phyrexian tower
1 salt flats
1 kor haven
1 river delta
1 high market

thnx
pz out

R

Riva Iron-Grip

what do you have? i'll take lots of stuff. but you have to send first...cuz it's a pretty expensive ass card

S

shade2k1

You shouldn't rip off kids. With that said, I woulda done it too! Anyway, what do you want? I have a few goodies. How 'bout a scan?

G

Goku

That's not funny, or amusing, or anything else. In fact, that's pretty low. That is, if it's real. Oh well. You have it now. Hope that you feel good.

I wouldn't have done that.

EVER.

Is this reply legal here? If not, I'll post it up in a different forum, if need be. Tell me if it isn't.

H

Hetemti

Lots of stuff? Define "lots." How bout lots of 4th edition commons? I've got those runnin' out my ass at this point. Lots of basic land too.

Tell me what you are looking for, so I can make an offer.

S

shade2k1

Goku, if you were referring to me, I was just kidding. It really depends on the situation. If a kid walked up to me on the street, held out a Lotus, and said "You wanna buy this for $10," I wouldn't hesitate to do it. If he asked me for a price, it would be different. I'd show him how much it was worth, then negotiate a fair price. Sorry for going off subject, but I had to defend my statements.

Btw, I'm still interested in the Lotus, but only if we sent it third-party and I got some kind of scan (if you want to trade). I've got a foil Chant, foil Scuta, Planeshift set, and an extra Scuta, Chant, Mage, DDSpecter, & SWurm. Mail me at eharley2@home.com if you want to negotiate a deal.

I

Istanbul

Riva, that was a horrible, horrible thing to do, to rip the kid off like that.

I want a Black Lotus. But you know something? I don't want a Black Lotus bad enough to do that to someone. And I don't want YOUR Black Lotus, because it counts as Ill-Gotten Gains.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

M

magicman_moe

dudes! jebbus, he was just kiddin! and dont even tell me that you would not do the same if that was offered!

I

Istanbul

A kid offered to sell me his Beta Mox Sapphire about six months ago for twenty bucks.

I declined, informed him of how much it was worth, suggested he buy a price guide, and sent him on his way.

So no, I wouldn't.

R

Riva Iron-Grip

what? how come u dont want it isty? well, shade2k1, i'll trade whatever u think it's worth. u make the deal.

S

shade2k1

Do you have a scan, and would you be willing to send via safecards? LMK.

I

Istanbul

I don't want it because it's ill-gotten gains.
I would feel bad, owning a card that only got to me because some poor kid had gotten ripped off.
So enjoy your Lotus. I hope it makes you very happy.
Who knows? Maybe the kid even WON'T quit Magic once he realizes how you robbed him.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Im doubting he even has a black lotus.

No offense Riva, but I hear this story daily.

I

Istanbul

I doubt similarly, FoR.

Point is, if he does have it, I don't want it.
If he doesn't have it, it's a moot point.
Either way, it's not something to boast about.

L

linsivvi

i'm with you kc (FoR), first of all, if you get a card like that, you would just say you have one, you wouldn't try to justify how you got it. He went into a little to much detail about how he got from a kid who's dad had given it to him. And let me guess, the kid was just wandering the street with a black lotus and he just happened to be dumb enough to sell it for 10 bucks. BS

G

Goku

Riva, you should give the kid his b lotus back, and get your 10$ back.

That would be the right thing to do.

L

Landkiller

Riva, if you're not full of it, you'd better say what edition the Lotus is from, and it's condition.

It makes a large impact of it's value, and unless you're trying to sucker another person, you'd come out with the truth.

G

Goku

hey...

If Riva really did rip off a kid, who's to say that he wouldn't rip off someone here at the boards?

And even if he didn't, and he's lying about the lotus, what kind of person would make up a story about that, and BRAG about it?

geez, riva...