I am the almighty thread killer!

U

Ura

I just have to put this up to test my theory, but its seems everytime I post something the thread dies and is never posted to again.
I'd hope for responses but that would break my record. :p

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Don't take it personal, Ura. From what I've been told, when your post doesn't get any responses it generally means that A) Most of us agree with what you said, or B) No one disagrees enough to feel the need to post a response.

Don't sweat it. :D

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Tom, you should've let me close this thread so no one could reply ;)

But seriously, Tom is right - I thought I was a thread killer before myself, but most of the time an agreement has been reached. A thread has to die sometime.

Z

Zadok001

Aw, come on Ed! You're better than that! Just delete all the other posts and _then_ close the thread. :) J/K.

Seriously, though. Look at this forum, Multani rules that column. Maybe _he's_ the real killer, and you're just one of those copycat killers... Yeah, that's it. (I'm asking for it Ed. Go ahead, call me Mulder...) J/K.

"Where's my sidearm got itself to now?"

U

Ura

*laughs then falls over dead at Yellowjackets puns*

ok, thanks guys, I don't feel so bad now. :)

M

Multani

Tag Guard

I'm a thread killer and I don't even know it. :(
It's sad isn't it?
Oh well, all my threads were somewhat relevent to the topic and if they didn't respond, oh well.

Z

Zadok001

Aw, don't feel bad Multani! We still love you!

"I think..."

C

Chaos Turtle

If it was me, I'd prefer to think of it as having the last word.
That is, what I have to say is so enlightening that there is no need for anyone else to post after.

If it was me.

D

Duel

Well, you ain't enlightening enough, Turtle. I gotta say something: I kill threads by starting them
Every thread I've started lasted 3 or less posts.

M

Mr_Pestilence

Frankly speaking, the quality of posts here has really dropped off lately. I think the main reason is that 2-3 people seem to be dominating the entire website, spewing crap and not adding much to the overall discussion. This discourages other people from posting, because they just don't want to try to compete with all the background noise.

Killer Joe

You're probably right Mr. "P", I know you're not one for idle "chit-chat" and that makes your post's have that much more integrity. I want you to know that I, have always admired all of the folks who stay "on-topic" in other threads but I don't think anyone should be SO serious about threads that no fun can/should be had.
Quality of posts? That's a subjective statement and can only be quantified by each person in relationship to themselves and how they view any content. Personally, I think most of the posts are great (except during the "troubled times" back when we were fighting over the direction of the CPA, THOSE, were some amazing posts).
There isn't anyone who currently posts here that I don't have some level of respect for, except for The Master (he was really annoying).

....please, oh, please don't anyone post after me.......

U

Ura

Haha! Too bad Yellowjacket, I started this thread and I'll kill it with my idle prattle. :D

If a woodchuck was a lumberjack who eats maple syrup that comes from maple trees that the woodchucked chucked, then where does the maple syrup from the maple tree that the lumberjack eats come from?

or

There are to many synthetic chemicals in my pancake toppings! :(

Yes I know this post has absolutly no quality other than to suppliment my urge to exasparate over bad breakfast food and to stun everyone enough that they won't post here after me. :p

Cheers!

M

Multani

Tag Guard

As quoted from Chaos Turtle:

"Do you stock spam?!"
:mad:

D

Duel

Mr. Pestilence, meet Ura. Judging from Mr. P's post, I think you'll have alot to talk about...

"Am I mean? I'm mean."