Here we go Steel - ers, here we go!

Ferret

Staff member
Why can't there be a way for BOTH teams to lose? There were so many other teams that I would have liked to have seen in the Superbowl. I mean, sure, I think that Tom Brady is a good qb, but I hate "dynasties". They make the game pretty demoralizing for the other teams and it only makes free-agency more annoying...

-Ferret

"...and I still don't like the Eagles..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's pretty amazing that there ARE dynasties in the free agency age. That's what makes the Patriots so amazing...

Ferret

Staff member
It is interesting to see a dynasty in today's money-hungry sports world - but, it won't last...eventually the salary cap will catch up w/ them and some of the players will be wanting to test their "talent" w/ other teams...

-Ferret

"look what happened to the Bucs..."

R

Reverend Love

Yea but the bucs had an overabudance of aging, overpayed players. It makes perfect sense to let those guys go, they're in their twilight years.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
But from what I understand, the interesting thing about the Patriots is that aside from the high profile position of QB and some others, this team and the ones that won the first two are not the same really. They keep winning with different guys on the field... with the other guys unavailable either through free agency or injury.