Help with a Contest

Discussion in 'Home Made Cards' started by Notepad, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

Nevermind - misread the card.
    This is fine.
  2. Notepad Seffy Sefro

Yeah, it took me quite a few tries at text to figure out a way to work it. The way it ended up, combat damage nets you a creature, but only if the critter survives.
  3. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Yeah, okay. I'm not sure how exactly Istanbul misread it, but after looking at it again, I can see how one might misread it and interpret it to be considerably more powerful than it is...

Anyway, I think it's balanced. On the good side of balanced, but that's where you want to be anyway, right?
  4. Notepad Seffy Sefro

Card can be viewed as the full final image file here:
    http://www.geocities.com/sefroney/gfx/index.html

It'll take a while to load, though. Pretty big image. :D :D :D

Still haven't heard anything about the contest being over or if a winner's been picked yet. *scoffs*
  5. Homestar Who invited this guy?

I think Vampiric Werewolf would be cool since it take sppl over when it deals damage (turns ppl into vampires when they bote) sorta thing. but, that would give off a vibe that it would have the regular vampire effect.............
  6. Notepad Seffy Sefro

Well, actually, it was a top-down design playing with the theme of werewolves.

Lesser and Greater Werewolves, the first two (in Legends and Homelands) tried to implement a sort of lycanthropy by weakening the enemy critters, but that didn't make much sense.

The next two, in Odyssey block I think (I do remember one called Treacherous Werewolf in probably Judgement) for some reason just turned on you, but didn't really infect anything.

So with this one, I had it actually infect stuff, but turning enemy critters into copies of the werewolf. Then, since they went mad with lycanthropy, they joined the originator's side. :D

The most fitting application of lycanthropy I've seen yet.

Of course, a vampire should have a similar ability, too, but perhaps taking control of the critter and making it into a zombie (ghoul) or vampire in addition to its critter type. It should be on combat damage, too, since a vampire bite can convert. The vampire doesn't need to suck *all* your blood to convert. :rolleyes: