HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS YET?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dune Echo

As found on http://www.ccgprime.com:

5. Mark Wanich – “Return of Rath”

http://www.magic-singles.com/cpa/article/get.php?action=getarticle&articleid=249

I understand why some of the stuff on the CPA is so terrible now. There really isn’t much discretion as to what is put up there. That’s why stuff like this makes it to the front page. In this article, Mark spews his love for Rath block. Screw being informative or entertaining.
I'm not trying to start a site war, but geez, whatever happened to free speech?! We post what people feel they need to say, regardless of your opinion. Also, I'd NEVER EVEN HEARD of "Shawn “The Discriminator” Jackson @ Sjackyl69@hotmail.com" until today. Who the heck does he think he is to bad-mouth anyone?! Heck, his article is nothing but a "I think these other articles are good."

ARGH!

-Dune Echo

I've been away TOO DAMNED LONG!

R

Rando

Just read it...

Doesn't this guy realize that HIS article is not informative or entertaining since it is little more then a unconected series of rants and hoo-plah over a bunch of articles that he does not even tell us much about?

And who the hell is he to think that we need him to tell us what is and is not good writing. Not only is his writing not spectacular, but I don't recall him winning the Pulitzer any time in recent memory either.

But, most of all, pissy/half-baked "reviews" of other people's articles is not in it'self an aricle.

...perhaps a site war would be fun. My money's on us.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Hey. HEY!!!!! I just write articles that I think people will enjoy reading. With 7th edition coming, I wanted to add to the hype of our favorite Rath cards returning. No one else has ever complained about my articles before. So, either you are a buttweasel from the planet frog, or you just love to complain about everything.

Ransac, cpa trash man

P.S. SHUT UP!!!!!!

D

DÛke

...no...NO! You don't just tell people who have opinions to "shut-up" like that. Consider their questioning.

About them complaining about "everything", I think you're wrong'bout that too. Since when have they ever complained about any articles? Probably never...that's the first time, to my knowledge that is.

Mark, what do you mean by "terrible"? What is terrible to you? And, to sum this up, what's trash to you could be worth-a-millions to me, it's one of the principles of life.

I'm sorry if I'm sounding "ignorant" right now, but I'm not, I'm just trying to see what is up.

[Edited by DÛke on 12-14-00 at 02:45 PM]

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
DUke is absolutely right. He has his own opinion about this sbuject. I'm sorry.

But, what do you find wrong with my article(s) in the first place. I have been congratulated by some on how well I grab some people's interests in my articles. So what is wrong with not being "informative" and being "inquiring"?

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

DÛke

...in my opinion, just keep writing what you want freely. It is us who will tell you if you're doing a bad job, not some freak from some unknown site.

The CPA is better than ever; it supports all walks of life, if you know what I mean: from rat lovers, tree trunks, Almindhra, donkey/monkey lovers, wolf tamers, adorable slivers, web slingers, and many, MANY others...which place could handle those with one hand while walking a thin wire? NOBODY, except the CPA.

Keep doing what you do, Mark, and don't worry about what others say. Care about our opinion, not "theirs".

Long live the CPA!

U

Ura

Now now everyone. He's entitled to an opinion just like the rest of us.
Just because he doesn't have the creativity to write a real article insted of just badmouthing or praising, and just generally leaching off everyone elses work doesn't make him a bad person, just an incredibly huge hypocrite.
I didn't find his "article" at all entertaining and there was nothing informative about it. Most people who use the net are literate and I'm sure they are very able to generate their own opinions.
Maybe he should toss his own work at the number one spot of his bad list, but of course, why would he want to trash talk about himself?

I say just ignore him, fate made crashing airplanes for people like him. :p

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Just out of curiousity. We're you referring to my article that you didn't find entertaining and/or informative. Tell me, I can take it!

Ransac, cpa trash man

U

Ura

No no, I didn't find shmucky the discriminators article informative or entertaining.
Your article Ransac was fine and cool. ^_^

M

Mundungu

Mark, there are always unhappy people. Just dont make yourself crazy about it.

I liked your article, personally.
I also like the CPA diversity. This is why I come here.

For all who give the time and effort to actually WRITE an article, go for it.

Lasty, I would take as a compliment in general that that guy took the time to check the CPA at all.

WE EXIST and we are not making sound in the desert.
The CPA is getting more popular.

GO CPA GO

L

Landkiller

ouch...I believe that the author of that little outburst is a member here, actually.

It's Baskil.

Sure, he's got free speech and all. But this amounts to little more than a props/slops list for the Internet.

Who really cares what articles that guy likes/dislikes?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but that doesn't make that opinion "informative or entertaining"

He's just telling everyone how they should think.

First, no article is a Bad Article unless it insults someone. While Ransac's article was short, it was interesting, and a lot better than some of the tournament reports also on the "slops" list. Just because it's not technical strategy doesn't mean that it doesn't have a place.

I

Istanbul

Well, whoever he is, I just sent him a very colorful e-mail describing to him the various reasons why he's in error, and questioning the need for a 'slops' category at all.

I don't care whether the article has merit or not, that was just RUDE.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I thank you all for supporting my article. It shows that I am NOT dog doo(unlike popular belief) and actually have people that respect me(actually, I'm brainwashing you all, soon, all the cookie crisps will be MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Ransac, very gratious

H

Hawaiian mage

Darn it, I was really hopeing for an internet war too... :(

Oh well, I guess ignoreing him does work better then createing a world wide propaganda opporation to discriminate Marks articles... But which is more fun? Ah well, I'll go with whatever is popular to continue haveing some sort of status here...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Um, I would appreciate it if I was refered to as "Ransac" while on CPA and not my real name "Mark". Nothing personal, but I feel that this site gives me another personality. Referring to me as I ACTUALLY am takes away from that satisfaction.

Ransac, not trying to nitpick

C

Cateran Emperor

NOBODY MESSES WITH OUR TRASH MAN!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have a link to the article itself? I'd like to see the rest of it... :mad:

G

Gerode

http://www.ccgprime.com/mtg/10/12062000.htm

7. Mark “Ransac” Wanich – “X-Mas Shopping for Gamers”
http://www.magic-singles.com/cpa/article/get.php?action=getarticle&articleid=244
I’m gonna catch flak for this one, I’m sure.  It’s like writing a critical analysis of a Republican debate, you’ll be viewed as biased or unethical, when all you say is the truth.  This article above had no purpose, is less than 300 words, and gives “duh” advice to people who already know better.  “Or you could give them the best present of all: Introduce them to the CPA.”  I know what you could get me: a decent article for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.