Guildpact

S

sageridder

Well I won't be at any prerelease events but will for sure be at release events.I would like to go g/r/w for the quick efficent beatdown. But one thing I've learned is that forcing a color or colors in limited is like announcing your plans to GOD it's the surest way to be laughed at.

A

Arix

Agreed. Though it's all well and good to go "I'm going to play G/R/W", you can never set anything in stone until you've opened your cards. That's why I like limited so much more than constructed - the insane element of surprise. Of course, I prefer casual more than both.

S

sageridder

Nightstalkers said:
Well, there's going to be a booster box draft at the place I used to go to that I finally found... If you're interested in that story read below the line.

$110 for a booster box and a draft... doesn't sound too bad... considering I suck monkey farts at draft.
Umm if it's about support your local store then good on ya, but that price sucks monkey nuts.You can go to starcity and get box for $75 plus ship, might even get lower on ebay.But the thing is unless you want to home or group draft, boxes are the suckers deal.It's fairly easy to get x4common and x4 uncommon of any given new set off ebay for $50-$70 including ship. So after that your deal would get me what 36 random mostly crap rares for $100.Kinda poor deal instead of just searching ebay for x4 or whatever of each rare I really want.

M

Mikeymike

Pretty cool so far. Don't love it as much as Ravnica, but still solid.

Question, are these 3 guilds getting the shaft a bit? There seem to be a fair amount of non-guild cards in here, which leaves less space for the three guilds. Compared to Ravnica, which has 1 more guild but near 100% the size increase, it seems like it has a higher percentage of non-guild cards.

Anyway, cards I look forward to getting my hands on:
White, Black and Red Leylines
Gigadrowse
Quicken
Angel of Despair
Electrolyze
Gelectrode
Glint-Eye Nephalim
Izzet Chronarch
Killer Instinct (Fixed Sneak Attack)
Niv-Misset
Scab-Clan Mauler (in an aggro deck, this should often be a 3/3 trampler for GR)
Stitch in Time (glad I still have my Krark's Thumb deck together)
Ulasht, the Hate Seed
Wee Dragonauts (will play strictly b/c of the card name)
Debtor's Knell
Giant Solifuge
Gruul War Plow (splashable Primal Fear)
Skarrg, the Rage Pits

OK, on second look maybe I do like this set more than I first thought.

Looking forward to:
R/G/W Aggro
R/W/U Sunforger
U/B/x unblockable beats

L

Limited

I love this card! A very simple ability, but can become very annoying..

3/3 is kinda weird though, for gR.. 4/3 would have more sense to me, but that might have been way to broken.

M

Mikeymike

Yeesh, a 3/4 for 3 mana with a symmetrical drawback that is easy to make one-sided.

And it doesn't hurt your Birds/Elves so he's an easily plannable turn 2 cast.

Chase-rare.

L

Limited

I like him! With some kind of sacrifice outlet, you could play him (trigger on the stack), sack him and let him haunt an opponents X/1. Trigger resolves, all opponents creatures get -1/-1, X/1 dies, all opponents creatures get -2/-2.

Excellent!

M

Mikeymike

I love his secondary ability (all opponent's creatures get -1/-1), but haunt means you can't abuse it with Black graveyard recursion.

In the long run I feel that will be Haunt's downfall.

L

Limited

The Ghost Council is just insane! The MTGSalvation spoiler hadn't list his p/t, but I guessed it would be 2/2 or something.. 4/4 is more than I hoped for.

And it combo's quite nicely with Tesha..

*loving Orzhov*