Guildpact

S

sageridder

Well it's apon us, the card previews will be starting soon the new orb of insight for guildpact is up, and Rancored_Elf and mtgsalvation have descriptions for about a third of the cards. http://mtgsalvation.com/spoiler/guildpact/ and
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=21937

The four color Nephilim cards look like they might turn games all by themselves.With the insane shockland prices Ravnica ushered in I wonder how much preorders for the r/g lands will fetch with Kird Ape in standard.

A

Arix

After a few searches in the Orb...

Thrull - 11
Haunt - 10
Replicate - 21
Bloodthirst - 11
Niv-Mizzet - 3 (One from his name, one from his ability, and it doesn't count flavour text...)
Guildmage - 7 (Izzet Guildmage doesn't repeat itself in its text, I see no need for the Orzhov one to if it deals in life gain/loss...and I can possibly see the Gruul Guildmage mention itself, but not 4 times...)
Destroy - 12
Game - 27 (Wow)
Signet - 5 (Now that's strange...)
*/* - 1
Exchange - 1
Brobdingnagian - 0 (What? Maybe it was a clue)

J

jorael

The salvation spoiler is growing every day. I find it amusing to see which cards will be different than posted. Sometimes the differences can be very subtle, but have a hug impact on its playability.

Something to keep in mind at the prerelease.
Talking about that... who of you is (also) going to the prerelease?!

L

Limited

Of course I'm going..

So be prepared to face me Jorael!

A

Arix

I'll be going. Saturday, first flight, definitely. Possibly second flight, and possibly Sunday. But definitely Saturday, first flight. I'm hoping to go G/W/R, since it'll be pretty much impossible to play only two colours thanks to the guilds, and that's the only colour combination that gives me the msot out of the guilds (Selesnya, Boros, Gruul). I could go B/G/W (Selesnya, Golgari, Orzhov), but the Orzhov seem pretty weak to me so far.

N

Nightstalkers

Well, there's going to be a booster box draft at the place I used to go to that I finally found... If you're interested in that story read below the line.

$110 for a booster box and a draft... doesn't sound too bad... considering I suck monkey farts at draft.

So yeah, the card shop called Gamers Desire (www.gamersdesire.com that's not up yet but you guys should check it out when it is because it is like the only cardshop to go to in the north side of Indianapolis)... Anyways, the card shop moved up the street and I didn't know where the heck it was... What was the card shop store is now the scooter bike store... Yeah... So I went in there asking where the card shop went and the guy was like "I'll tell you where the shop is if you buy a scooter." So, I bought a scooter. After that the guy said "You know, someone who is rich enough to buy one scooter is certainly rich enough to buy two scooters..." So I bought another scooter... When I asked him where the shop was after the second scooter he pulled the same line... "You know, someone who is rich enough to buy two scooters has to be rich enough to buy three." My comment after that was something to the effect of "Do you want to be permanently riding one of these scooters?" after that he finally told me where it was at.

So... Yeah... that's my fun story for today!

A

Arix

She'd be more fun with Mind Bend. Change white to black or vice versa, then you got not only an infinite sacrifice engine for anything you want, but you can remove all your opponent's critters for free.

L

Limited

Orzhov (BW), Izzet (UR) and Gruul (GR) ...

I am SO playing WBG, no matter what I crack open ;)

L

Limited

And not play Dimir House Guard, Last Gasp, Mortify and Putrefy? Keening Banshee? The new 2/2 Haunt flyer?

Wouldn't think of it!

J

jorael

If I remember correctly, the last you time you really wanted to play with certain cards at a prerelease, you didn't open up one single copy (shambling shell). The guy next to had 3 :)

I sure hope with won't be happening at the Guildpact prerelease, unless I'm that guy next to you :D