Greetings to everyone at CPA

W

WickedBoy6

I bring you greetings, everyone at Casual Players Alliance.

I have been on somewhat of a Magic hiatus for the past threee years or so. The last time I seriously played a game, Urza's Destiny & Sixth Edition had just released. :eek: Well, I decided to give Magic a second go and so far, I'm undecided.

My only outlet for Magic as of now is Apprentice, due to a serious lack of funds. I've played on the #apprentice channel, supported by e-league.com. I like what I see for the most parts (I especially like the new additions to Red. Go Browbeat & Blistering Firecat!), but most of the players I have been encountering as of late really have an attitude. A lot of people constantly call me a n00b just because I've been out of the loop for three years. I probably played with cards half of those players have never even seen with their eyes, much less handled with their hands...sorry, sorry, turning into a typical WickedBoy6 rant. Calm...calm...better.

Anyway, things are too competitive there, so in searching for a good T2 Green deck, I stumbled across CPA, and I couldn't be happier with what I found. Finally, a forum that is casual, with no serious competition and no "misers" thinking they're the best in the field. Keep up the good work, CPA, & thank you for letting me be a part of the group.

WickedBoy6

T

train

Welcome to the CPA...

Glad you feel comfortable in here... Most of us are lifers when it comes to Magic, but it seems all of us, though some competitive, love the joy of casual play...

Feel free to post in any forums with any ideas, we're all open to new ideas, and look forward to some you may have!!!...

And don't worry 'bout being a Newb out there - most of them are idiots who can't deal with the fact that an all common deck can beat their all rare decks...

Yeah for Casual Ideas!!!...

Again, Welcome!!!...

Oh and stay away from drugs in here, unless you buy them from me...(just kidding...);) :D

J

Jigglypuff

Welcome! Enjoy your stay here and make sure to look at my decks! [/blatant plug]

(- Steve -)

M

Mazzak

welcome to the Consumptive Parade Alligator!

If you're feeling insane, come to the "other stuff" forums, where much enjoyment of ranting and random spouting off occurs almost daily.

T

train

Hmmmmmm......

If you're feeling insane, come to the "other stuff" forums, where much enjoyment of ranting and random spouting off occurs almost daily.
Like the post above... and this one...

So what can I do for you officers???... No sir that's not a crack pipe, needles, and drugs in my passenger seat... it's ummm... my Happy Meal toys!.....;)

W

WickedBoy6

We sure are a friendly lot...Cool! :D

Well, I thank everyone that has welcomed me to CPA, and believe me, after the Thanksgiving vacation beginning tomorrow, I'll be very vocal both in the Off-Topic Forum (which looks like my cup of tea) & the Home-Made Cards (I actually developed an entire expansion I'm willing to reveal sometime in the future...).

...I must have punch now!

T

train

after the Thanksgiving vacation beginning tomorrow, I'll be very vocal both in the Off-Topic Forum (which looks like my cup of tea) & the Home-Made Cards (I actually developed an entire expansion I'm willing to reveal sometime in the future...).
After Thanksgiving, AFTER Thanksgiving???... But there's no better place to be on any day, than the CPA!!!... Do you really want to go sit and eat with the family you see everyday???... Why not spend that time in this sanitarium of casual Magic players???...(just kidding, grub is always good...)
:p

...I must have punch now!
"If you insist!..."

*PUNCHes WickedBoy6 with a swirling Haymaker*
;) :p

S

Svenmonkey

Hola! Como estas?

I'm not Spanish!

Edit: OooOOOooo. This is my 100th post. Too bad Off-Topic posts don't count.

N

Nightstalkers

What this place needs is avatar power!!!

Happy holidays from the Nightstalkers!

:(

T

train

*A sudden hush comes over the crowd as the Coat-free Train jumps on stage...

They all hush as he screams into the mic...* "Fizzle!!!..."

There's some umph! for ya!!!...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Qelcome to the CPA!
I've seen your cards, they're good. :)

Ferret

Staff member
Welcome...It's nice to see someone else that stopped playing around the same time as me. The game has changed so much since then that I scarcely recognize it...

-Ferret

"...Black Lotus? Is that a good card?"

W

WickedBoy6

I have to agree with Ferret. I've seen the current Type 2 environment, and although good, really only seems to have limited options. When I was playing, T2 had the Rath Cycle & just began bringing in the Urza's Cycle. There was Sligh, Lackey Red, Draw-Go, Sliver Decks, Big Green Beatdown decks... *sigh* The good ol' days :) ...I can't even play Extended, as the only thing familiar is Urza's Cycle, but there's also 3 years worth of cards I don't know in it.

I guess I can continue to play 1.5. I still don't like thr thought of playing Type 1, even though Apprentice gives me the opprotunity to use all of those delicious P9 cards. 1.5 gives me the only chance to use the cards I know, yet doesn't make the game a race to see who can get out 4 Moxes & a Lotus, or how many turns someone can take in a row...Now if you'll excuse me...

*holds an icepack to his cheek, then picks up a ball bat...*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You could always try "Type Casual" where you can use any and all cards (usually still following the Type 1 Restricted List though). The problem is finding people on Apprentice who will also play that way. If you're just playing with "strangers", it'll be tough but maybe you can nose around on the Apprentice channels and ask if anyone is interested.

Alternatively if they don't mind, you could match up their Standard decks with your non-Standard decks.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Wicked, I'm currently working on a concept set of my own (Upheaval). It's about 35% done, and White and Blue are already designed. I'll wait to post it until I've finished.

W

WickedBoy6

Sounds good, Spiderman. I'll try to ask around. The whole problem with playing people on Apprentice is, in the #apprentice channel on mIRC, everyone's just too competitive. No one just wants to grab a deck that follows no consistent rules & just play.

Shiro, good luck on "Upheaval". I'm sure it'll blow "Atonement" away; I just wanted to share to everyone what the ME5 have worked on, seeing as how no one else outside of us ever cared.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I know. That's the problem of playing "pick-up games" with strangers. Hopefully you can find some consistent people who wouldn't mind playing "non-competitive".

W

WickedBoy6

In the competitive world of e-League? Probably not. Everone seems to narrow. It's so hard to find people to even play Rainbow Stairwell or Chaos Magic (supposedly e-League stand-outs). Is there an mIRC channel CPA members meet in?