Greater Good and other weird cards

E

EricBess

Nothing personal against the other cards, but Zur's Weirding has always been a favorite of mine. Personally, I'm surprised it doesn't make it into more decks.

Then again, it actually takes a bit of intelligence to use it properly, so I guess that makes sense after all. :)

M

Mikeymike

I've never seen Martyrdom but I like it. However, my vote has to go to Greater Good b/c of its seer power to draw like crazy and its synergy with so many other cards (Abundance, Sneak Attack, Stormbind, and more)

But I'm adding a few more cards

Helm of Awakening
Dream Halls
Well of Knowledge

Now those are some fun freaking cards.

E

EricBess

However, there are a couple of other cards that you don't have on the list that might give Weirding a run for its money as cool cards.

Second best card after Weirding:
Storm Cauldron

Other good cards:
Noetic Scales
Teferi's Puzzle Box

Can we officially add these to the list?

Melkor

I have to go with either Zur's Weirding or Greater Good. Now since I have 4 Greater Goods and have never had a Zur's Weirding, I think that Greater Good has to get the nod. I am a big fan of Helm of Awakening which was mentioned by someone else.

E

Ephrils

I vote for Martyrdom.

I've saved myself with it, and seriously messed some players up with it. It's wording is so vague it makes it so useful. You can KEEP redirecting damage until the turn is over, it doesn't just end on your first target. I often use this in artifact decks I have, where swarm or fireball damage might be something I'm prone to. I just cast Martyrdom and knock all the damage to a Mishra's Factory. Consider using it with Ray of Command too.

Other good mentions I saw here:

Storm Cauldron: Yeah, you know you hate it when it's played against you ;)

Helm of Awakening: Yay! My Ornithopters are freer! Ok, bad example.

Teferi's Puzzle Box: "Do you like your hand? I don't either. Your turn."

M

Mr_Pestilence

Aku Djinn!

Great fun with Spike Cannibal and Pestilence.

Melkor

My vote from this list has to go to Greater Good. There is nothing more fun than attacking for 7 with a Rancored Weathersead Treefolk then sacking it, getting the cards back and four more besides. Could someone explain why Martyrdom is so "fun." Seems pretty pedestrian to me.

F

Firestorm

I like Zur's Weirding first, but Greater Good comes in close second...

S

superguy

Zur's Weirding is my number one choice from the above, but I like most of the other cards anyway. (Especially the Pheldy)