Greater Good and other weird cards

D

Dark_Tira

This poll goes back to the age old argument of Martyrdom Vs. Greater Good between Zadok and I. This isn't about most powerful or most useful,though they that does play a role, this is more about which card is the neatest and most fun. To make it more interesting I asked some other friends to contribute their favorite cards. Out of the 5 cards available I would like to know which card you would pick.

The Cards Are:
Greater Good
Martyrdom
Phelddagrif
Zur's Weirding
Aku Djinn

For those who don't know those cards read below everyone else can just vote.

Greater Good
Enchantment
2GG
Sacrifice a creature: Draw cards equal to the sacrificed
creature's power, then choose and discard three cards.

Martyrdom
Instant
1WW
Until end of turn, you may redirect to target creature you
control any amount of damage.

Phelddagrif
Summon Legend
4/4
1WUG
W: Flying until end of turn. Target opponent gains 2 life.
U: Return Phelddagrif to owner's hand. Target opponent may
draw a card.
G: Trample until end of turn. Put a Hippo token into play
under target opponent's control. Treat this token as a 1/1
green creature.

Zur's Weirding
Enchantment
3U
Players play with their hands revealed.
Whenever a player would draw a card, instead reveal it. Any other player may pay 2 life to put that card into its owner's graveyard. If no one does, that player then draws the card.

Aku Djinn
Summon Djinn
3BB
5/6
Trample
During your upkeep, each opponent puts a +1/+1
counter on each creature he or she controls.

*for the record my vote is for Martyrdom.

Z

Zadok001

Well, oddly enough, I don't find this to be difficult personal decision at all. :) Greater Good has my vote, obviously. Although Pheldagrif is really, really neat...

D

DÛke

Tira! How could you do this to me man!? How could you do that!? A list of cards, with no Unmask? How? :)

Anyway, I don't know about the other cards, but my brother has played Greater Good decks before against me, and I know how "jelious" I get when I see him drawing all those nice cards.

I would have to vote for Unmask:), ooops, it's not on the list, so,
I'll go with Zad on this one. I'll fly with Greater Good. Sounds razor:D.

G

Gerode

I can't recall ever seeing those cards being played, but Zur's Weirding seems to fit its title.

Nature's Revolt would get my vote if it was on the list. Fun with Congregate and Overrun! :D

N

nodnarb24

I have played against Zur's Weirding and that was freaking annoying. I have played with greater goods and they are really fun. So i'm going to have to say greater good.

D

Darsh

Hmmm...choices choices, I guess I would have to say Phelddagrif, although the are all interesting.

H

Hawaiian mage

I can't believe you didn't put Chaos Orb up there. That is by far the best card ever...

I guess my vote will go to Martyrdom. I love looking at the alternate art, and the idea of being able do so much damage to some Beebles you have in play is great.

A

Apollo

In order of preference:

Phelddagrif
Greater Good
Zur's Weirding
Aku Djinn
Martyrdom

Sorry, Tira:)

M

MrXarvox

Greater good

I have a casual deck based around it, the whole deck comes into play with no summoning sickness,on the turn i get GG into play! muahahahahahahahaha!!!!

N

Namielus

Hey :) you forget Repercussion!

-*Edit*-
Oh yea, zadok I stopped myself...

I have really got to stop cutting it so close
-*/Edit*-

[Edited by Namielus on 10-15-00 at 10:32 PM]

U

Ura

Aku! Aku! Aku!

Actually for me its either wierding or the aku djinn cause I've had great decks based around both of them.

G

galtwish

Weirding is the most powerful card, but Aku Djinn is the most fun:
Spike Cannibal
Backlash
Delirium
any and all Blue creature stealers (Corpe Dance on the Thalakos Deciever? Spinal Embrace? Overtaker? Juxtapose? Reins of Power?) plus bad effects for the opponent (Altar of Dementia, Greater Good-shamelees plug-, just attacking)
plus lots of other nefarious good stuff

Erik

D

Dark_Tira

Results thus far:
Greater Good 4
Phelddagrif 4
Martyrdom 2
Zur's Weirding 2
Aku Djinn 2
Greater Good got a quick lead on everything else but the gap was soon closed by everyone's favorite Hippo generator. It looks like it's going to be close. The final count will be in a week, so even Martyrdom still has chance to make it to the top.

B

Baskil

Like Gizmo said, I can do some *nasty* things with Zur's Wierding

C

Cateran Emperor

Martyrdom, it can get screwed up if on a Mogg Maniac with Repercusion and Furnace of Rath on the board (That game ended in a draw, to say the least :D )

G

Gizmo

This is a true story - I only ever played one game with an Aku Djinn deck, but it turned out to be against a Kobold deck.
Yeah, great.

Gizmo surveys opponent`s empty board, lays undercosted beating stick. Opponent drops five 0/1 monsters. No, wait, 1/2, no, wait, 2/3, no, wait 3/4!
AAAAAAARGH!