good join the heralds, bad dies, cause bad is dumb

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

Halaluya, praise be to god. He didn't start goin on and on about pie. *dances the no pie rant dance* just for that *cuts istanbul a piece of pie of his choice* pick any you want. and btw good sucks donkey ba!!$

A

arhar

Evil stronger than good?

What a joke.

Evil always turns on itself.

Good will win, because forces of good fight for the common cause, as every evil person is struggling for his or her own.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Did you guys forget that in that fight scene in "Spaceballs" (which, BTW, is a tremendously funny flick) Dark Helmet lost the fight with the "Good Guy" and set off the self-destruct mechanism himself?

Didn't that teach you anything? :p

I

Istanbul

That wasn't a battle of good vs. evil, that was a battle of Rick Moranis vs. his own incompetence. Evil is usually a lot smarter than that. Self-interested, yes, but a well-done evil person will use that self-interest as a motivator.

K

krichaiushii

Obviously, the solution to this debate is to be found in the following quote:

"Good. Bad. I'm the one with the shotgun."
-- Ash, "Army of Darkness"

Also remember that history books are written by the victors, and that nine times out of ten, it was the better armed side that won -- which is not necessarily the good side. Istanbul is right about evil's lack of predictability providing a tactical advantage. However, many evil things have been done in the name of "good".

Let's see if we can name a few...

The Salem witch-burnings -- superstitions and mob mentality are powerful beasts...
The Inquisition -- fear of the loss of power by a certain church allowed all sorts of brutality and torturing in the name of "good".
The Crusades -- let's see if I can't sum the Crusades up... convert or die. Come to think of it, that is the jist of most holy wars.

Also, villians are rarely villians in their own eyes. In fact, they may believe that what they are doing is for the good of humanity. Though I don't agree with Nazi teachings, or any of that "one color is better than another" bullshit, the hardcore members of those groups honestly believe that what they do is for the good of "humanity". So to them, my good (color-blind humanity) is evil of the worst sort.

Waxing philosophically on a Saturday afternoon...

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

That was such a great movie series krichaiushii. "Bang!" This is my boom-stick.

But anyway, evil will not turn on it's self, it will turn on others. And if it does, its after they have destroyed good. We do what we need in order to get what we want. If that means that we have to team up with other evil to kill the good guy, we will do it. We will soon after turn on the other evil, but we still worked togather for a short time.

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Krichaiushii, when it comes to world politics, there is no good and evil...it's the Law of the Jungle.

In Magic, good is better than evil. In a pure white vs. a pure black deck, white will probably win.
Note: Pure as in no artifacts. :D

In real life, evil usually does usually have the initiative. Istanbul's points are valid. Take a murder case or terrorists. Usually it takes a long time to solve either problems. The good guys are always playing catch-up. However, this doesn't mean that the good guys always lose. The good guys have a "tactical" advantage even better than initiative... human-error.

Well, I think I've bored you people enough, so I'll just head to Pie-eater's place for some pumpkin pie. :D

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

Ahh crap, while we were arguing over which is better, good or evil *cough* evil is better you fools *cough*, the starter of this post seems to have slithered off.

I'm now on a man hunt. I will track down Herald using my "Steve Erwin Animal Trackin' Seminar" skills. Basically i get P!$$ drunk and scare the crap out of different wild life.

However I might be able to find him. And when I do I will show that Evil does win. *Puts on kool manhunt glasses,* Let the games begin!

R

Riva Iron-Grip

hey im at heralds house right now, he just hasn't checked the posts cuz he's been gone to his dad's for 2 weeks. he usually doens't check the posts cuz he sucks. but right now we playing d2 and we whipping ass at it. bye fags

I

Istanbul

Why do we still let this mental midget onto our message boards, much less near any device more complicated than a doorknob?

I

Istanbul

Why do we still let this mental midget onto our message boards, much less near any device more complicated than a doorknob?

R

Riva Iron-Grip

now who are you talking about? well i think we need to start an actuall battle. i will start a new thread. and all who choose to can join up, but it is mercs VS. rebels. so choose wisely.