Get ready for Sloppy Shuffle!!!

N

Notepad

Yeah, I'm cutting the comics back down to one per week. Maybe I can keep them coming steadily this way. ;)

If you haven't seen already, THE BEST HAVE FUN STRIP EVER was selected by a tiebreaker vote from me. "Lay Off the Soda Already" is the champion. See the riveting suspense unfold here:
http://www.casualplayers.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12705

So, as promised, it will get the new look for Have Fun/Fast Effect, which is to be turned into Sloppy Shuffle. No, its not going to be a MSPaint comic. Its going to look just like what's always been done with this comic series, just with a title change...and in color.

Sadly, my hopes for a regular color comic were tragically cut short by technical difficulties...and utter laziness on my part which for a lack of would have meant possibly overcoming said tech problem. But anyway, this first return to the title of Sloppy Shuffle will be in color.

The rest after that will just bear the new title bar.

Fun, no?

I'll submit the color first print of Sloppy Shuffle so it can run hopefully the first week of the new year.

T

train

Like they warned captain picard...

"Have fun" has been assimilated... it's resistance was futile"

N

Notepad

You know, I knew there'd be a reaction like this and still went ahead with the decision. I think the negative association with "Sloppy Shuffle" is just too strong. I could post Paris Hilton screenshots and people would still say "Oh my god its Sloppy SHuffle! I aint looking at that!"

Okay...I'm gonna rename it back to the original Have Fun. But I I still wanna make something with Sloppy Shuffle at the title bar. Hmm, will it have to be a real SS? *vomits*

T

train

I actually didn't have a problem with the name at all...

I was just looking at it like you mentioned -

it's name was changed...
it's now in color...

it's the Have/Fast Shuffle!!!...

either way - they're always nice to see...:cool:

T

train

prom date gone bad spidey?!...:D :p

I think it comes down to the art of it...

If that's the way it should be looked at, and it's Magic related - maybe Fast Effect is a prominant name for it...

It's not up to me... those are just the ideas...

N

Notepad

We have no knowledge of this "bad artwork" you guys speak of with Sloppy Shuffle. SS has merely been a name suggestion and has never seen print.

Anything posing as an original SS artwork is merely a fake inserted by hackers into the archives...

A

Apollo

I actually liked the original Sloppy Shuffles, perhaps more than the Have Funs. I mean, sure the art sucked, but it was a lot more varied than the Have Funs (I know you're limited because you have the stock character designs to work with), and for some reason I thought the gags were better too.

I guess I'm weird. :)

N

Notepad

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I liked the Sloppy Shuffles. So, finally, I know there's two people that do. ;)

If you want to see more of that stuff, go to the coinbird website. Some funny stuff, and a direc inspiration of the SS strips.

And as for stock characters in Have/Effect, I am going to add some more, including Mr. Cat from Sloppy Shuffle (yeah, he'll be in HF/FE for now on). So in a way, I guess SS isn't totally dead. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, I didn't say you can't use Sloppy Shuffle art, I was just voicing my distaste for it :) But I'll keep putting them up if you send them...

N

Notepad

Seeing as how reading them all put me into paralysis for the duration of the CPA Notables ceremony (and I am their creator)...I think it best for public safety that the Sloppy Shuffles only come out on rare occassions, like Halloween and April Fools. And the President's birthday. That sort of thing.

Happy Birthday, Li'l Dubya!!! And SS in your honor, where you get to have a congigal visit with yer new prisoner: Saddam Hussein!!!

Attachments

T

train

W got a nod from me yesterday...

Wonder why Saddam needed 750K if he was going to live in a spider hole?...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
He was probably doing the "Two and Twenty Blackbird King" impression... :D

Seriously, it was probably payroll money...

T

train

Payroll money would jus tmake it that much more dangerous... understandable, but if people know the money is coming from you, and they know where to meet to pick it up, thenthey may snitch you out for the reward...

"Wish my house had bullet holes in it, and a sign that read "Uday and Qusay made me rich!""

- note to self - their names may not be spelled right - not even close...
- note to other self - quit doubting yourself and go with it...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently he was snitched out for the reward...

but he was in what he thought was a loyal area (Tikrit) and there are of course people who support him, that's why some of the attacks on US troops and other organizations are continuing (others because of the general occupation of Iraq by a foreign power).

T

train

I didn't read everything yesterday, or this morning, but they mentioned intel, and I didn't see a hint that it was for the bounty being offered...

"I try to focus on Magic, it's a current, national, world, and local event right..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You're right, I read more about it and apparently it was due to intel than desire to get the reward...